Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Hi Notcigs Guys, It's me again with some technical difficulties. First I will say I STILL LOVE my OO but Im having random cold hits and I'm not sure what is causing this problem. I keep my machine very clean :) so I don't think juice has gotten inside and I haven't had any problems till this last week. When I'm drawing everything seems fine till it loses power? Maybe, about 1/2 way through my hit. I know that my Atty/cartos fit very loose but this isn't it. I have 3 sets of batts that I bought with my kit and all seem to work great and I know how they behave when their dying and this isn't it either. I have also checked and ALL of my attys/cartos are standard lol, and I fidgeted with the center post.

So what do you think, all you smarties out there. Is it operator error or impending death?
Thanks all!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Something is causing it to go into protection mode. Usually LR but I've also had it happen when I tightened the cartos to tight. That closes the gap between the center post on the carto to the negative part of the carto then the juice carries enough current to set it off. Try wiping out the end of the carto and raising the center post. Then only tighten it until it fires.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Ok I just checked, The light does go off. I did the center post too and wiped everything clean. Same issues.......
I don't ever tighten my stuff down, It causes the brass top connector to unscrew from the main tube. I learned that the first day :) as well as I like the airflow better when it's loose. Now it seems to be doing it more often. :(

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Check to make sure nothing is in the connector. I would blow it out because it only takes a tiny piece of conductive stuff to set it off with the tolerances they use in the ecig things. Thats the only thing I can think of. I hate it when that happens and I can't figure out what it is.

Does it do it with other batteries?

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Sorry, had to go to work. Now down to the serious stuff. The "connector" The brass top cap that the Atty screws into :)? I clean it out 30+ times a day. Seriously, I'm kind of creepy obsessive about wiping it out every time I use it.
Could I have warn the thing out? Being it's Chineese and all :) I just looked and it looks shiny, clean and new. No breaks or scratches that I can see. The white ring is not split.

It seems to fail more frequently with attys than cartos I think, but it's really random. I'll fidget with it some more and see what happens. If it stops working I just come crying for you to fix it anyways. I keep backups! :) Thanks for being so helpful.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Sorry, had to go to work. Now down to the serious stuff. The "connector" The brass top cap that the Atty screws into :)? I clean it out 30+ times a day. Seriously, I'm kind of creepy obsessive about wiping it out every time I use it.
Could I have warn the thing out? Being it's Chineese and all :) I just looked and it looks shiny, clean and new. No breaks or scratches that I can see. The white ring is not split.

It seems to fail more frequently with attys than cartos I think, but it's really random. I'll fidget with it some more and see what happens. If it stops working I just come crying for you to fix it anyways. I keep backups! :) Thanks for being so helpful.

Well having said that I would have to look at it , is the TOP cap loose ??? that is the ground for the system IF it is loose it will cause this , also put the batts on a table IF one of them is leaning put it on the bottom , they can be finicky at times.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
The top cap came off the day I got it. I stuck it back on and haven't had a problem with it being loose since. I'll see how it goes, Hubby seems to think its the conductive stuff turning my attys in to LR too. His answer don't use juice, do you have a solution for that part? Anyways I'll see how it goes. Thanks for all your help.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Naw, I'm the same way though. I talk to my things. Like "okay if you want to do that i'll teach you a lessen". Ha it doesn't know the difference in the two. I think it's because of the different way a person uses attys and cartos.
Well at least stick it in far enough to cover it about half way up on the atty connector end. The achohol displaces any juice inside it and evaporates faster than water does.
Make sure you blow it out good with a blow dryer or something and let it sit until it's dry inside after the alcohol bath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread