The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Infinity Users

Discussion in 'Notcigs' started by Liv2Ski, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Liv2Ski

Liv2Ski Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    Got mine today. I am really digging the light weight small profile and good looks of this unit. But I do have a question. How many who have it have found themselves pushing the dial instead of the button? Man pushing the dial results in a less than stellar vape! But when I do find the button it hits like Mike Tyson

2. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    You'll get used to it. I still push the LED on my Buzz every once in a while.

3. Liv2Ski

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    Thanks 5CS and I was just testing voltage output w/DMM and noticed that we have a cute blue LED onboard. Can't really see it when you are vaping so I did not notice it till just now. Cool

4. PoliticallyIncorrect

PoliticallyIncorrect Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    I've never pushed the dial—so far. But like 5CS, the blind feel of my Buzz's button is a lot like the LED. I keep thinking I'll push it inside one of these days.

5. VanderVape

VanderVape Moved On

Nov 17, 2010
    Wyoming
    So does it have a strong TH? I don't like a big TH. Makes me cough. Does that sepend at the voltage that is set?

6. PoliticallyIncorrect

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    Yes—to an extent. It's a power source. The rest of the vaping equation is up to you.

7. VanderVape

VanderVape Moved On

Nov 17, 2010
    Wyoming
    Including the attys. Im vaping oba oba 8mg, on an ego with a regular 510 atty. If I breathe in just right sometimes I will get a kick in the back of my throat that kinda burns and I don't like it.

8. cuseguy

cuseguy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2010
    Texas USA
    Well VV, you can set the Infinity to it's lowest setting at around 3.3V and it will be very close to your Ego's voltage, but I can venture to say that very few of us are running ours at 3.3! You could always use a higher resistance atty/carto, which will cut down TH to a degree.

9. BuzzKill

BuzzKill Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2009
    Central Coast Ca.
    That is probably because it is getting dry ! , with the ∞ just lower the dial to 3-4 and wala GONE ! no heavy TH

10. VanderVape

VanderVape Moved On

Nov 17, 2010
    Wyoming
    I was hoping to vape at a higher volt. :( I love the vapor I get, and honestly guys if the eGo works and im not going to be able to vape any higher then why buy one. Mind you I love the way it looks. I have seen many pics and they are beautiful. :)
    And yeah it was getting a little dry. Lol I keep forgetting that.

11. Bovinia

Bovinia Divine Bovine ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Shell it also depends a lot on your juice. I hate a heavy TH too but I couldn't go back to lower voltage vaping. Start out at 4v or a little lower at first to get used to it. My normal range now is 4.2 to about 4.5, but when I first got my Buzz I had to get used to it :) You might want to try out some of Vapor Renu's juices...they are well known to have a very mild TH.

I haven't tried to vape with the dial but I do mash my LED bubble a lot!

12. VanderVape

VanderVape Moved On

Nov 17, 2010
    Wyoming
    Ok I am really going to think about it, usually vaping oba oba, ry5, and vanilla tahity. Of course I do have my other flavors. Lol oh and I run between 8mg and 12. I was floored when I got back up to that. 6 just wasn't cutting it.

13. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Fresno, Ca
    Never the dial ~ sometimes the LED

14. Bovinia

Bovinia Divine Bovine ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    I think you'll be fine Shell, the higher voltage will bring out your flavors better too, you'll be surprised at how much better they taste. I vape around 12mg too.

15. BuzzKill

BuzzKill Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2009
    Central Coast Ca.
    Vander changing the voltage WILL change the taste of the juices , you can also try a slightly higher ohms atty 3.3 or so and this will cool it a bit but have more flavor, I use 901 for flavor and 510 for TH they ARE different .

16. Liv2Ski

Sep 14, 2010
    Burnt Hills NY
    Could also try an 801. Those atty's are so big and long that they produce nice flavor and a cooler vape. I am partial to the Cisco 2.0 ohm when I run the 801's

17. VanderVape

VanderVape Moved On

Nov 17, 2010
    Wyoming
    Im sorry guys for being such a pita, I have asked and contemplated so much on these and other threads. With it being my first vv device I have to make sure it will work for me and not end up being a waste of money. Im one of those people that things usually have to be modified, or I have to just deal with it, so I over really examine things.

I haven't tried 901s or 801s. We have been on the 510s and I have been just trying the different cartos and what not trying to get a handle on what best works for me. I know I like the cartos and Kat likes the atties, so as you can imagine it can get a bit expensive at times. Now with just been trying to find my be all end all carto.
    I still have sinus issues. Always have and always will there's just no getting around it. Plus wyoming is crazy windy. So I need something that I can dial in to where I can really taste my juices, but not the TH.

Thanks guys for answering my questions and putting up with me. :)

I forgot to mention I need something that is a little wider. I have fibromyalgia and when my hands cramp up it can make using an ego painful some days.

18. PoliticallyIncorrect

Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    If width is an issue, the VVPV might work out better for you.

19. VanderVape

VanderVape Moved On

Nov 17, 2010
    Wyoming
    That is what I am thinking. I wish the Buzz had a dial on it. :)

20. cuseguy

cuseguy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2010
    Texas USA
    VV, the size issue aside, like Buzz said, a high Resistance atty/ carto will give you the ability to enjoy high voltage without the TH. Joye sells HV attys that have resistance of 4.3-5.5 ohms and it cools the vape down tremendously, while enhancing the flavor. There must be a carto like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.