Infrequently asked questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin62109

May 25, 2011
Whitestone, Ny
electronic smoking is meant to offer an alternative to dangerous analog smoking which by its very essence is a repetitive and ritualistic habit off repeatedly purchasing the same or very similar tobacco products over and over again. in the beginning when somebody switches to e smoking it can be fun and exciting to try all the different models of e cigarette that are offered on the market today, but eventually one often into a favored model or liquid just as 1 would settle into a favorite or standard brand of cigarettes. I've purchased a number of kids including the blu cig, the magma t by volcano, a rather cheap 510 kit from a website called hoosierecigsupply.com, bthe njoy npro, logic brand disposable e cigs, send a few other disposable store brand models. here is what I would like to see addressed more frequently:

1. which brand of 510/901/801 carto/atomizers are compatible with other brand e cigs? which models are practically interchangeable? which are cheapest and easiest to clean? from the research that I have done it becomes apparent to me that metal cartomizers are easier to clean then plastic cartomizers as they can be boiled rather than simply shooting hot water through them, but that is merely speculation on my part. the most desirable outcome would be to find a place that sells these cartomizers that are compatible with most models, easiest to clean, most reusable and cheapest. Etc.

2. I see a lot of videos on youtube and some mention in these forms of using syringes to refill cartomizers. However I see almost no mention of using them for juice extraction. I have seen it done by 1 guy on youtube who had a rather large syringe that was the diameter of a quarter dollar. he simply took the filling from what was supposedly a set of 5 dead cartomizers and place them inside the body of the syringe and squeeze the fluid out of them. the amount of fluid that came out of the dead cartomizers fillings was very impressive yet I seem to find no mention os anybody trying this method for themselves or talking about which type or size of syringe they used.

3. I am looking to try a few other types of e cigarette such as the 801 model. I would also like to try every other models that actually exist but no matter how much I search I cannot find a comprehensive list of each type of electronic cigarette presently on the market, combined with a simple description of their vapor production and cross compatibility. what does "DSE" stand for and is Joye a company, type, nickname? it all seems very confusing and obfuscated to me.

4. what are the best sites to buy the cheapest starter kits for all models? taking quality into account of course but also would be nice to know where I could buy a few knockaround starter kits like the ones I've found on hoosierecig supply. their 510 model is compatible with the volcano magma which makes it easy and cheaper to replace the batteries and interchange the parts and I would like to find a similar source 4 purchasing some cheap models starter kits of 910, 801, and all other models. spending 80 dollars for a rather decent and durable starter kit is really not such a bad investment but many of us who work very dirty and rough jobs do not want to bring expensive pcc kits to their jobs where there is too great of a risk of destroying them or having been stolen out of their desks.

I'm sure I will have many more questions as I watch other users post their replies and I continue my own research. I hope that these questions yield productive answers and help many esmokers like myself who are surrounded by misinformation yet drowning in information all at once. Happy vaping!

Last edited:

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
Welcome to ECF & welcome. These questions have been asked, but they may be buried somewhere amid all the massive info on this site.

Also, opinions vary, just as smokes do. There is no absolute answer for any one question. My juice may not be your juice, and my equipment may not be yours.

Any questions asked on this site usually have very thoughtful and helpful answers.

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
4. Check out madvapes.com or cignot.com - I have been very pleased especially with madvapes prices and speed of delivery.

2. I have never seen anything regarding juice EXTRACTION using a syringe. For filling, I personally use 20 ga leur lock needles because I don't use a lot of VG liquids (or my liquids don't have more than 30% VG in them). So for pretty thin liquids and cartomizers that need syringes, I like the 20 ga.

1. 510/901/808/801 are all threading types. 510 and 306 threading are the same, and you can buy adapters for using different cartomizers and atomizers on different batteries/mods. Volcano and Totally Wicked are popular companies that just slap their name on an E-Cig and call it something else. If you find a kit you are interested in, do a quick search here on ECF and the type of threading it uses should be apparent.

3. Look here on ECF under
Electronic Cigarette Reviews
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...pdated-pictures-most-common-e-cig-models.html

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
1. There is no comprehensive list of what "name" brands are what model. That compatibility chart is of limited use. It does not distinguish between KR808D-1 and KR808D-2 which are incompatible. It lists M401 as compatible with 510 and that is just a joke because they are not even the same gender or diameter.

Within one model - a slim battery model cannot use everything that has the same model number. A slim battery ecig cannot use LR (low resistance) atomizers or cartomizers nor can it use the fast chargers made for Ego/Ego/Inferno and other 450mah+ fat battery models. In addition, even within one line like EGo (fat battery 510) there are incompatible parts - different girth driptips and carts for different kinds of atomizer sizes, different carts for different length atomizer, tanks for tank atomizers only (and the bigger tanks can only go on the bigger tank atty)

In general, anything rebranded you buy will be more expensive than buying it as the plain model number from the original manufacturer, and any plain model number clone parts not labeled as being by the original manufacturer may be inferior.

2. Cartomizers (the things that screw onto the battery, not carts which push onto an atomizer) - don't count on being able to clean them until you have succeeded yourself. They are meant to be disposable. SOme succeed at clean and drying and some do not.

Don't put an untested juice in a carto. Good way to waste a carto. My juices have to earn a carto. You can sort-of get the juice out of a carto with Reverse Taryn SPin (search Youtube for that). And I do not use the filling method shown in the same video. I buy only soft-cap cartos and fill them as intended - by popping out the soft-cap.

3. These are the main models (and Joye aka Joyetech is the original manufacturer of 510 and Ego though Janty designed the Ego, DSE is short for another Chinese manufacturer, JKY is Boge, KR is Kanger - all Chinese manufacturers)
Joye 510 and Joye Ego (and Ego's most popular clone Riva)
KR808D-1 (aka Vapor4Life)
and somewhat less popular
DSE901
DSE801
RN4081
and the most popular supermini is M400 series (M403, M402, M401)
And then there are mods of various shapes and voltages and variable voltage

Cheapest place to buy standard models - Cignot.com, LiteCigUSA.net, Liberty-Flights.com (and for this one press the 20% off on front page first)

Mods - I don't know. There is everything from cheap mods made out of plastic battery boxes or flashlight tubes to hard carved wood mods like Reo to popular variable voltage mods like Provari and more.

Notes

Many models come in both automatic and manual batteries. Most people here use and recommend manual batteries. Auto batteries are more susceptible to being damaged or killed by juice leaks because they are totally dependent on a drag sensor right inside the hole in the end of their battery. Auto batteries can sometimes turn on by accident from wind, vibration or loud sound and manuals will not do that. In adidition, a manual give more control over your hit and is actually less work.

Many people here end up buy an Ego or Riva or similar model to get better performance, longer battery life and the ability to use optionally hotter low resistance parts.

Last edited:

Ronin62109

May 25, 2011
Whitestone, Ny
thank you for the warm welcome. if anybody has gone to that website that I mentioned and took a look at the starter kit that I mentioned and has any suggested wholesale or deeply discount priced website for buying mass quantities of cartomizers atomizers or other stuff like that I'd be very interested. so far the best price on starter kit that I have found is 27 bux for a standard pcc kit that does not charge the battery. also I have become interested in learning how to stuff cartridges. I have seen a few videos where people have used fish tank filters and tea bags and other similar items. has anybody considered just using cotton balls? what is the strongest and most customizable mod that you can buy? I was a rather heavy smoker and so I want something thats multipurpose, durable, and knocks you on your .... when you vape it lol thanks for all the tips! for anyone who has not tried extracting liquid from old carts I will try to find a video when I get home from youtube so that you guys can watch it and give me feedback on what you guys think.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am a lady mouse.

I use blue foam in carts. Petsmart aquarium dept Marineland Rite-Size U Bonded Foam Sleeve for H.O.T. Magnum Canister Filters
But I very rarely use carts any more. For testing juices I most drip (on a manual 510 since it has totally sealed threaded end and safe from leaks). I occasionally use a cart to give a juice an extended test. I used carts my first moth on a super-mini too. I am still using my first cart of each atomizer type I own and occasionally I replace the blue foam. Most of the time I use Boge cartos on manual 510 and Riva, and Vapor4Life cartos on KR808D-1 manual

I don't know what model you are asking about and I don't see a link in your first post. hoosierecigsupply.com? $27 is a too much to pay for a single battery no-atomizer 510 kit. I would buy for $36 a complete Joye 510 no-box kit at Cignot.com which has 2 complete real Joye 510s. Then I would buy cartomizers, which are an expendable, elsewhere.

If you own this business and are doing research then you need to register with ECF as a supplier.

Last edited:
Sorry milady ;) the hoosier website has a very limited supply of basic no frills 510 starter kits which I find to be WELL worth their price. I personally have ordered four of them simply because if i trash it at work or it gets stolen it isnt such a big deal. For 27 dollars you get a metal carrying case which is decent enough to serve its purpose though does not charge the cigs, comes with two manual 510 batts compatable with the magma I have but not compatable with my NJOY cig, also comes with 3 prefilled marlboro carts that taste decent and a usb charger. His e-liquids are only 4 bux a 10ml bottle and so far the liquids are phenomenal but I have only tried a few different types so far. The extraction video is here. Bere sure to check out his smoke ring battle video too it is awesome!

YouTube - ‪HOW TO EXTRACT JUICE FROM DEAD E-CIG CARTS‬‏

any comments on this vid would be great.

Well I think carts and cartos have their place. Its way easier to stealth vape at my job with a carto, and they can prety easily be turned into dripping cartos by just removing the caps and stuffing and fitting it with a drip tip so part of me thinks that atomizers are a waste of money since each carto seems to be an atomizer in disguise (especially if you intend to clean them often enough to keep them fresh) but I could be wrong since ive only seen a plethora of videos on the topic but have never actually turned a carto into a dripp-o-mizer. I havent tried it because I dont wanna waste a potential extractable dead carto (i dont have a syringe yet) lol

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Ron, I noticed you're in Whitestone. I'm on Long Island, but the first town east of the Queens border. Hey neighbor. =)

You might want to check out the Long Island Vapers Club. The meets are monthly. There you can try out LOTS of mods. liquids, etc w/o having to purchase stuff blindly.

Good luck...

Ron, I noticed you're in Whitestone. I'm on Long Island, but the first town east of the Queens border. Hey neighbor. =)

You might want to check out the Long Island Vapers Club. The meets are monthly. There you can try out LOTS of mods. liquids, etc w/o having to purchase stuff blindly.

Good luck...

Thats awesome! Thanks for the tip :)

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Your first post has a lot of misconceptions. For instance the 510 is compatible with the magma because the magma is nothing more than a rebanded 510. They aren't separate products they are the same product but one has a house brand on it.

Cartridges aren't something many people use for long. They leak, they have to be refilled pretty often, etc. Cartomizers are a lot more popular at this point. I suppose you could squeeze the juice out of carts with a syringe, if you used only one flavor. With cartomizers it gets pretty nasty by the time you're ready to switch.

If you include the obscure stuff, you won't live long enough to try everything that's out there now. Even if you could, by the time you got to the end of the list, there'd be a list just as long of new stuff that's come out. In the last couple months alone there's been at least 4 new devices I can name. Not to mention attachments. Get off into the mods and the list gets a lot longer.

I've only used Boge 510 cartomizers and those have all been metal. I'm pretty sure the same is true of a decent 808 cartomizer.

I'd wait till you settle down but, if you really want to buy quantity, look on Ali Express and Alibaba. There are risks involved but, you can get some deals on quantity purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread