Innokin iTaste SVD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpus

Verified Member
May 11, 2011
Louisville, KY
I found what I think is a pretty good deal on a SVD express kit (mod only). Found at Innokin iTaste SVD Express for 40.99. I've never ordered from them so I hope everything will be ok. Being as they are in NY, should get here much faster than fasttech, which I did consider. I thought $41 wasn't a bad price. He doesn't list the actual inventory count on his website, so if anyone is looking for an SVD, i'd pick one up sooner rather than later.

Disregard this post. Seems he's having some issues with payment and refunded my purchase.

Last edited:

Grumpus

Verified Member
May 11, 2011
Louisville, KY
I have spoken to Anthony @ Venerable vaping and he is taking CC payments once again. My order has been processed and will ship on Monday. With priority shipping my total was 46.99 for the SVD express kit (mod only). Fantastic deal IMO. I have no idea how may he has left, for 40.99, you can't beat that and it ships from the US, so you won't have to wait 1wk+ to get yours :)

nivdes

Aug 5, 2013
United States
Still waiting on my SVD from Fasttech...too bad 'Fast' doesn't always apply :(

Looks like they're backordered on SVDs, so if you haven't gotten a tracking number, you'll have to wait. You're spending less than you otherwise would, but the drawback is that you'll have to wait for shipping. Just be glad it's not the Chinese new year.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Interesting!
Bottom cap is fine on mine, but I've been thinking I could probably SHAVE with the edges on the body grooves.
Is it possible to get a new bottom/battery cap for this thing? The finish in the grooves on mine are rough and have given me a couple of paper cuts. Other than that, this is a great unit.

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
Both will achieve the same thing. You set the mod to variable voltage or variable wattage (power) yourself. It is one of the menu options. Probably wattage is easier, but both are pretty easy. If you add 2 to the resistance of your clearo or carto or whatever you are using on the mod, you will get really close to 8 watts. So if your carto reads 2.2 ohms, you would set your voltage to 4.2, and adjust from there. If 1.5 ohm, you would set your mod to 3.5....and so on. In wattage mode you can simply set it to 7 or 8 watts, and adjust from there.

Hope this helps.

ubergeek922

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Cincinnati
Thank you for reply. SVD is my first mod. So, its either voltage or wattage? or Do I have to set it 4.2 volts and 8 watts?
If its either or, which is better?
Sorry or sch a newb question.

Wattage is a measure of power. It can be calculated by voltage x voltage / resistance. So:
V*V/R=W
In variable voltage mode, you can change voltage to get the desired power.
In variable wattage mode, you choose the power you want, and it will adjust the voltage accordingly.
The best way I can describe it is you can change the problem, or you can change the answer. Start with variable wattage, and you will pick up the rest in time.

ubergeek922

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Cincinnati
Excuse my extreme ignorance, but I really don't see what the need of VW is. How is it better or different to VV as far as vaping and finding your 'sweet spot' is concerned?

You are correct. There is no difference. Wattage is directly proportional to voltage. Changing voltage changes wattage. 8 watts (for example) is the same regardless of how you choose to get there.
The biggest advantage of VW is if you have multiple clearos, tanks, or whatever. In vv mode you may have a 2.4 ohm atty, and dial the voltage into your sweet spot. If you remove it and put on an atty that's 1.5 ohm, your power just jumped up and you will likely need to readjust the voltage to where you prefer.
With VW, if you change atomizers the power output will remain the same regardless of the atty resistance, the voltage will be adjusted automatically.
The end result is exactly the same, it's just a matter of convenience and ease of operation.

Edit: As an example, this would be useful to someone who may have multiple flavors in multiple clearos. Just grab a clearo with a different flavor, screw it on, and you will still be at your desired wattage.

Last edited:

bboff

Jul 25, 2013
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Variable wattage let's you put any resistance carto, clearo, etc. on and will then adjust the voltage for you accordingly. Basically, ohms theory reads power(watts) =voltagesquared/resistance. Say you change your clearo from a 2ohm to a 1.5. If you run it at the same voltage, your power level may be way to high and fry your coil. Example: 4.5 volts on a 2 ohm would be about 10 watts, but 4.5 on a 1.5 ohm would be 13.5 watts which may be too high. What VW does is it adjusts your voltage accordingly to the watts you prefer with almost any resistance. Voltage=square root (watts x resistance) so with a 2ohm clearo running at 8 watts, you'd be vaping at about 4 volts. If u were running 1.5 ohm at 8 watts it would run at about 3.5 volts. Make sense?

This is my understanding of it. Correct me if I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread