Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
The firing pin is a tad low. I had to manipulate contacts a tad on iclear30 and a few cartomizers to make connection. Not a problem.. the threads seem pretty durable. I was just overtightening the iclear to make contact, before I had the chance to mess with it. I'm sure a lot of threads would've gotten a little warped doing that with some other PVs.

Falcon13

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2013
California
I got the MVP a couple months ago moving up from disposables and actually getting into the world into vape. It has worked great and very durable. I am a mechanic and it goes into my tool cart granted did not want it to but it as been banged and bumped by tools and such and it still works great and only a one or two very very minor scratches. (yes i have had a disposable e-cig break in my tool cart before =P) and this option i thought what ever at first. you ever been out and about and see that low bat light blinking on your cell. yea plug in to your MVP though i would not try to just charge your cell completely off it but I have charged my cell over 50% with my MVP.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
My v1 and v2. Autozone CF wrap, plating sanded off on the beauty rings as well.
8atygyqa.jpg

SENT FROM Spaceball 1

Awesome idea ....the autozone carbon fiber wrap!!!!!

brian.tpa

Sep 13, 2013
Tampa area, FLA
The firing pin is a tad low. I had to manipulate contacts a tad on iclear30 and a few cartomizers to make connection. Not a problem.. the threads seem pretty durable. I was just overtightening the iclear to make contact, before I had the chance to mess with it. I'm sure a lot of threads would've gotten a little warped doing that with some other PVs.

I had issues with the center pin on my rba connecting to my MVP. it took a pick and 2 secs to resolve. It is becoming bothersome to attach a tank and have it not fire, only to have to tinker with it. a mech mod is in the works. . .

SilenzZzz

Verified Member
the only issue i have with mine is the switch on the bottom .. but i have seen where several have fixed that ...

as for the tanks not making contact ... i have started rebuilding my coils (protank) and i now put a small peice of copper between the bottom pin and the insulator to space it out a bit ... and no issues at all after that.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I had issues with the center pin on my rba connecting to my MVP. it took a pick and 2 secs to resolve. It is becoming bothersome to attach a tank and have it not fire, only to have to tinker with it. a mech mod is in the works. . .

I just finger-tighten my tank of choice, and then screw the "beauty ring" up until it contacts the bottom of the tank, been working so far.

In all fairness, though, I have to say I really like mechs that have adjustable or floating center pins. Makes things so easy.

the only issue i have with mine is the switch on the bottom .. but i have seen where several have fixed that ...

as for the tanks not making contact ... i have started rebuilding my coils (protank) and i now put a small peice of copper between the bottom pin and the insulator to space it out a bit ... and no issues at all after that.

Fixed the switch on the bottom? Do tell... would like my MVP to sit up without the wobble.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I just finger-tighten my tank of choice, and then screw the "beauty ring" up until it contacts the bottom of the tank, been working so far.

In all fairness, though, I have to say I really like mechs that have adjustable or floating center pins. Makes things so easy.

Fixed the switch on the bottom? Do tell... would like my MVP to sit up without the wobble.

There's a "chopstick" method too:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...on/449105-mvp-button-wobble-fix-easy-way.html

brian.tpa

Sep 13, 2013
Tampa area, FLA

I used a small bic lighter (my lonely old friend) to push the button up a little, without unscrewing anything. easy money. I have noticed that my button on the bottom has a wiggle to it now but still works fine and stands up without any issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread