Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I bought a little pencil bag that fits in my pocket for carrying vape gear around in. Two Gobys fit in there with no trouble at all.

Still, for what I'm doing it works as an all day mod. I have two so I've been putting one on the charger and swapping them when the battery indicator turns yellow. But the battery lasts pretty well. If I vaped it down to red I bet I could get one to last almost all day.

I'm sure there's other stuff out there that I'd be happy with, but I'm trying not to get deep into spending a lot of money on vape stuff (as you know, this is something you can just about spend as much as you want on). Still, I've got like 3 packages on the way (mostly DIY stuff right now).

Awesome, Nate. Glad to hear that you actually can and do use it all day long!

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
We all like what we all like (she said, risking redundancy). :)

The draw for me with the Gobelette is the fantastically small size (2 in a pencil bag, right Nate? LOL!).

It specs out at 23.2*16.5*75mm.

Here is a picture I took, next to a Bic lighter for scale.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Love that!!!!

NdwOajI9OR7Wf8270466IX5mUqQL1jp_RF3wLqBRlJa26_Zm1zmnAmVJrjFNqrEFP7tcgFOgC2wbyclhV9ELP5la_xtQV0rH16ePLWrIPxVeefFdxxyj8E84qjVG-wtoykwc7z7p3Rkpe4f_t8s4J5K57HxAupqHgJKZ9K_F3eviaQxHC9xSYNKWtfDY9NBDpxJll-QWt5f1OILSq77QjO58aKCJ0VdKZaDpFj-KYSUKIGWFcthKbfwGrD6Qb-_yb5DgQq2j5kfrArMGCatVYBdMwFmTnyMHRmPd26P9XXCJWU4Lx36UcxEW6VhuD9w82NYUNwkXDgfyTA8p-uw6DizK5gJVi5-9Bwo_c1VK2z_kLAwp5piqtsZqLhJdrKuY1ZUabWR35_sVUwV0b-ySlZ50Ed41VDSRrs3FZ_Umw8zJnCzfpUM4m4nueXiQlxEm3gMN4UCQzb8wB_JQ0rtNm8vq5RaWHnC8JnYZyfj2St273UTHMZKLMEGxu1kjzUohicPKuWUPJMFQNmGNiM196501bCkBbxRlDeeofzGJzSqRdPnkNT0wVJaAgSqXXwVJNyzb07_mWkQedWi5471DVz2IHq4_Wkdm5BBuW3Xhdb2bI12EUhZ8mMkjVZ8w5OtToU1Q2pIUAuBskwgPGH_DwGRSkgNSW5IK=w608-h809-no

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
For me...for Out and About...it's hard to beat the eGo AIO...

Lightweight and small (22mm X 106mm, 19mm X 118mm or 16mm X 158mm)...1500mAh (or XL-2300mAh)...2ml (or XL-4ml) capacity...AFC...multicolored Tank LED...under $20...

Joyetech eGo AIO Kit (D19)

We all like what we all like (she said, risking redundancy). :)

The draw for me with the Gobelette is the fantastically small size (2 in a pencil bag, right Nate? LOL!).

It specs out at 23.2*16.5*75mm.

Too many dang NUMBERS, you two. ;)

I just happen to still have an AIO that I got quite some time back. It's the 17mm one (not sure of the mAh and what-not). It didn't work for me because the vape wasn't to my preference.

For ME ("MY truth" :lol: ), the GOBY rocks because it's the same type of mod that I use, but in a smaller package.

All the dimensions have already been outlined here ("Oh, mammamia!" :blink: ), so I'll add nothing but a weight comparison:

• GOBY with full tank, 2.3 oz
  • AIO (17mm) with empty tank, 3.2 oz

Both are light, for sure.

A pic is worth {insert number here} words (and numbers too, even! :laugh: ).

GOBY-AIO_20180520_195436.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DPL, thank you so very much! I had neglected to even MENTION the weight (or lack thereof) factor! This is great information. I had no idea how much less the Gobester weighed!

You know dayum well that my inner geek spit out, "33%" the moment the scale registered.

Numbers are life, and life is a number. :?:
"Will it go 'round in circles?"

:banana:

Reactions: Katdarling

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I just happen to still have an AIO that I got quite some time back. It didn't work for me because the vape wasn't to my preference.

DPL...so you're saying that the Goby's vape was "to your preference"...Am I correct in thinking that you're a MTL Tootle Puffer"???

I LOVE my eGo AIOs...but...your Goby/AIO pic was a pretty good convincer...

Is $21.95 a reasonable price???

Goby Starter Kit by Innokin

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
DPL...so you're saying that the Goby's vape was "to your preference"...Am I correct in thinking that you're a MTL Tootle Puffer"???

Not DPL, but since he's busy I'll jump in. Yes, he's a Tootle Puffer, and yes, the Goby in your link is/was the best price I found when I bought a second one last week.

I'm VERY pleased with them!

If you get one, let us know. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Not DPL, but since he's busy I'll jump in. Yes, he's a Tootle Puffer, and yes, the Goby in your link is/was the best price I found when I bought a second one last week.

I'm VERY pleased with them!

Hey Gerry - you probably figured this out by now (since Kat klearly knows me well), but yes. By "to my preference" I meant that I always vape in the 9-11 watt range, with 90% of it being around 11.

The Goby has variable power, which is an absolute must for me, and I feel fortunate that its relatively narrow range just happens to pretty much cover my needs (for the purpose I use it with).

Basically, I get my vape, in a very small & light package, which comes in handy in certain areas of my life. It's perfect for those areas, and at $20-30 is worth it (for me).

Thumbs up on the MFS price too. As Kat said, that seems to be the best one out there so far. I think shipping is another $3 or so (if I recall correctly), but still not a bad price for an Innokin product (which does carry some cred/clout with me).

We'll be very interested to hear your take if you end up jumping into Goby Lake. :D

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

Thanks for the link, now I know what Ya' guys are talking about . . . :rolleyes:

BTW: This one looks like an upgrade from the Endura T22 (14W/Internal Battery) since you can use VW with the "Goby" . . . :thumbs: Oh Yea - one other thing is that I have both the Innokin T18 & T22, and use them most of the day too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;) ,

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for the link, now I know what Ya' guys are talking about . . . :rolleyes:

BTW: This one looks like an upgrade from the Endura T22 (14W/Internal Battery) since you can use VW with the "Goby" . . . :thumbs: Oh Yea - one other thing is that I have both the Innokin T18 & T22, and use them most of the day too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;) ,

Sorry, Unc, and please don't take this personally ;) , but I always need a "V".

:ohmy::laugh:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
And hi you! (@Uncle) I didn't know you were an Innokin fan. Nice to see you, honey pie.

HEY THERE - SWEETNESS . . . :wub:

Yep, I happen to have a number of Innokin products, from a series of Disrupters w/different batteries, including a Disrupter TC - all the way up to Coolfire IV/100/Plus/18650's/TC & iTaste Kroma . . . Also a whole variety of Innokin Tanks too (Would like to get the Zenith & Ares - But . . .:( ) . . . Out and about (and when I traveled North every 5 weeks) I take & use the Endura's most of the time . . . As for the others, I have tried a couple and then there are others I have never even tried them yet . . . :facepalm:

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

We'll be very interested to hear your take if you end up jumping into Goby Lake. :D

THANX Kat and DPL...

Just
ordered the Goby Starter Kit plus a 5-pack of its coils...(unfortunately, BLACK is the only color in stock)…

$34.56 (with shipping) = 5 packs of analogs = 3 days of ashes in my old ashtrays...

If it's anywhere near as unique as yinz say...be assured I'll be back with my usual "overzealous" review...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread