Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I agree. A 30-50watt VTR that would fit a kayfun would sell really well. I stopped using my VTR once I decided that I only want to use Kayfuns.

+1,000,000 -- I was VERY interested in the VTR when I heard of its indestructability -- I'm very clumsy! But that was before I got a kayfun. So I had to start looking at other mods, and still don't have a box mod. There's a mech called a Kato that's made like that, but its well fits a kayfun perfectly. If I could find a reasonably-priced clone of that, I'd probably get it.

Andria

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Your memory is the same as mine...100's were 20mm longer and NOT skinnier. Seems like for a few years they were 50cents more per carton for the 100's....Then after a while they became the same price. Long time back huh...

About the time they went to 5 bucks a carton.

The Benson & Hedges commercial, 7 minute cigarette, it lasts longer, was probably our reason to try them.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
BTW... when that limb fell on our house last night, the reason why the line was hanging so low was this (which we found this morning once it was light enough to see out there):

damage.jpg

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Andria

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
+1,000,000 -- I was VERY interested in the VTR when I heard of its indestructability -- I'm very clumsy! But that was before I got a Kayfun. So I had to start looking at other mods, and still don't have a box mod. There's a mech called a Kato that's made like that, but its well fits a Kayfun perfectly. If I could find a reasonably-priced clone of that, I'd probably get it.

Andria

I really like this Mechanical mod called the Gizmo...I haven't heard one bad review and it looks great with a 22mm or 23mm topper. Check it out real quick.- Dave

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
Well this isn't cool. Battery level was at about halfway, then less than 10 hits later it was under 10%, and now it died already. That makes NO sense considering that it took 4-5 hours of chain vaping to get it half way down.

Hopefully this only happens this one time, really not trying to have to RMA this thing.

Talking about the MVP 3, guess it would be good to specify, huh? :p

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
+1,000,000 -- I was VERY interested in the VTR when I heard of its indestructability -- I'm very clumsy! But that was before I got a Kayfun. So I had to start looking at other mods, and still don't have a box mod. There's a mech called a Kato that's made like that, but its well fits a Kayfun perfectly. If I could find a reasonably-priced clone of that, I'd probably get it.

Andria
Fasttech sells 18650 KATO clones for $41. They get very good reviews. Trouble is they are mechanical. I want regulated. I agree that if they put a regulated chip in the Kato, it would be perfect.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Fasttech sells 18650 KATO clones for $41. They get very good reviews. Trouble is they are mechanical. I want regulated. I agree that if they put a regulated chip in the Kato, it would be perfect.

I always put a Kick in my mechs -- the cheap ones, too, since I've never yet found a need to go higher than 13.5w. At some point, the Kicks will die as all electronics eventually do. If Kicks are still available at that point after the FDA gets their fingers in it, I'll get more, they're only around $12-ish (now). But if they aren't, at least I'll still have a workable mod. I'll just have to get more wrappy with my coils, to have high enough resistance for decent battery life.

Andria

PS: thx for the tip about the Kato clone at FT. I'm currently awaiting my very first FT order, I'm on day 8 now since it shipped, so hoping it arrives soon. It's just a Chi You Kick ring; Edyle told me that I could use it on a Vamo to let it use 18490/18500 batteries.

Last edited:

Burn_notice_fan_NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ithaca, NY, USA
I always put a Kick in my mechs -- the cheap ones, too, since I've never yet found a need to go higher than 13.5w. At some point, the Kicks will die as all electronics eventually do. If Kicks are still available at that point after the FDA gets their fingers in it, I'll get more, they're only around $12-ish (now). But if they aren't, at least I'll still have a workable mod. I'll just have to get more wrappy with my coils, to have high enough resistance for decent battery life.

Andria

PS: thx for the tip about the Kato clone at FT. I'm currently awaiting my very first FT order, I'm on day 8 now since it shipped, so hoping it arrives soon. It's just a Chi You Kick ring; Edyle told me that I could use it on a Vamo to let it use 18490/18500 batteries.

Ecigsupply has had a sale on the kick for a long time now. They are selling them at 1.99

Last edited:

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada

Andria

I have ordered from FT about 30 times since I started vaping (I am cheap!!). Lately, once they ship it, it takes 10-14 days to get it to the US. I live in Canada but moved there from Dallas about 5 months ago. I have everything shipped to the US border and go pick it up.

Only problem with kicks is they limit you to an 18500 or 18350 battery so do not last long. Good for at home but not good for going out.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014

Andria

Worry not... once 'they' have their way... I'll be sellin mechs for a "good" :evil: price... muwahahahahahaha

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have ordered from FT about 30 times since I started vaping (I am cheap!!). Lately, once they ship it, it takes 10-14 days to get it to the US. I live in Canada but moved there from Dallas about 5 months ago. I have everything shipped to the US border and go pick it up.

Only problem with kicks is they limit you to an 18500 or 18350 battery so do not last long. Good for at home but not good for going out.

I have 2 telescoping mechs; one of them, I think you're right, the longest tube is only long enough for an 18650 or 18490+kick; but the other, a Galileo, the tube looks long enough that I might be able to use it with an 18650+Kick. So far just using it with an 18350+Kick, as I don't use that one much, so the battery lasts a couple days.

Andria

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Does anybody know offhand, the dimensions for a box of marlboro 100s? Seems to me, for all the comments/complaints about size, that THAT should be the comparison as far as cubic goes. I know that the 20W is smaller than that, and that OAL (Base to tank tip it's shorter than a VV v3)

"Pack of Cigarettes" is the first line on Katdarling's list (but she may have used Kings):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-z_V674p-5HYa9uzMqj1mq67da8-hnOOh2NNB2-ifgI/edit#gid=0

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have 2 telescoping mechs; one of them, I think you're right, the longest tube is only long enough for an 18650 or 18490+kick; but the other, a Galileo, the tube looks long enough that I might be able to use it with an 18650+Kick. So far just using it with an 18350+Kick, as I don't use that one much, so the battery lasts a couple days.

Andria
Had a Nemesis for a while that would fit a kick + 18650. Other 3 I had were telescopic and would only fit 18500s with the kick. I gave up with mechs. Liked the box format of the MVP right away and once all the regulated boxes came out, I gave all the mechs away. Have no interest is sub-ohming so regulated makes more sense to me. To each their own!!

Bibliophile713

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
SC, USA
Well this isn't cool. Battery level was at about halfway, then less than 10 hits later it was under 10%, and now it died already. That makes NO sense considering that it took 4-5 hours of chain vaping to get it half way down.

Hopefully this only happens this one time, really not trying to have to RMA this thing.

Talking about the MVP 3, guess it would be good to specify, huh? :p

That does sound unsettling. I hope it's a one-time thing. Was this from the charge it arrived with?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Had a Nemesis for a while that would fit a kick + 18650. Other 3 I had were telescopic and would only fit 18500s with the kick. I gave up with mechs. Liked the box format of the MVP right away and once all the regulated boxes came out, I gave all the mechs away. Have no interest is sub-ohming so regulated makes more sense to me. To each their own!!

Same here with the zero interest in sub-ohming -- which is why anytime I order a mech, I also order a Kick for it! :D I like the idea of only needing to replace a $12 part instead of a whole dang mod, and also the part about still having a usable mod even if it doesn't have a Kick -- I could always wrap higher-resistance coils. :)

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread