Innokin Proton

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm just gonna start a new thread in the hopes I can get some aid. I have an Innoken Proton and the screen display disappeared. I thought perhaps it was in stealth mode and the screen did return. However, the screen once again turned black, and this time I did some searching (thinking there was a stealth mode) and I didn't see it.

I had my husband go through all the menus (it was still firing but totally blank) including brightness, etc. No luck. I also can't find any info on stealth mode... Is it even a thing? I'm kind of thinking not.

Is there anything I can do (like an upgrade? Something?) to restore my Proton or is it just DEAD. It's not that elderly or anything, I have not leaked into it, it's in perfect condition other than the screen, I don't think I have even dropped it once?

@Innokin_Bohan
@Innokin_Joseph
@Innokin_Paul

Can any of you help me figure out what's up? It is/was one of my favorite mods but I don't want to buy another without figuring out what HAPPENED, etc.

Thanks!

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Maybe brightness got turned down to zero. It's tough to get back into the menu and fix that with the screen black. Maybe there's a way to reset it to defaults without the screen being on where you can see what you are doing. Maybe you can click the joystick 3 times to get into the menu and change it.
3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No I gave it to the husband along with the manual, and based on being sure it was turned on by the sizzle in my tank he went into ALL the submenus and like, made sure my brightness was not turned down to zero..

DO not ask me, he's all idiot savant like that. But he informed me he had turned up the brightness and like, nothing happened.

I guess it's a brick and I'm kinda annoyed. I babied that thing, too. Purchased from a winner, so I don't have a warranty option!

I am SUPER disappointed, @Innokin_Bohan, @Innokin_Joseph, @Innokin_Paul, etc. I have NEVER had a mod brick on me in 3ish months .Sigh. I really want to buy another one but now I'm afraid to. Also, my Innokin stuff (apart from my Ares tanks, which both also died, one was my fault, one wasn't ) has been rock solid.

It just makes me rethink Innoken. Oh well. Not much I can do at this point. Sigh. I will buy something else to replace it.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
No I gave it to the husband along with the manual, and based on being sure it was turned on by the sizzle in my tank he went into ALL the submenus and like, made sure my brightness was not turned down to zero..

DO not ask me, he's all idiot savant like that. But he informed me he had turned up the brightness and like, nothing happened.

I guess it's a brick and I'm kinda annoyed. I babied that thing, too. Purchased from a winner, so I don't have a warranty option!

I am SUPER disappointed, @Innokin_Bohan, @Innokin_Joseph, @Innokin_Paul, etc. I have NEVER had a mod brick on me in 3ish months .Sigh. I really want to buy another one but now I'm afraid to. Also, my Innokin stuff (apart from my Ares tanks, which both also died, one was my fault, one wasn't ) has been rock solid.

It just makes me rethink Innoken. Oh well. Not much I can do at this point. Sigh. I will buy something else to replace it.

Anna

I used my Innokin Proton for quite a while, but it wasn't pocket friendly with the joystick not being recessed in the side of the mod. I still use it around the house. It's a good mod, but when it rises to full wattage in your pocket and you hit it and get burned wicking, that's an unpleasant surprise. I'm learning to lock mods that I pocket carry. Some don't have strong springs on the fire and power buttons.

I'm using my Jac Vapour Series B DNA 75 a lot lately. It has a feather touch fire button, so I'm doing lots of 5 click locks when I pocket carry.

Apparently, the Proton has a history of bricking itself. 90 day warranty isn't so good considering that it's not a cheap mod. The Innokin rep replied to a guy with the same problem on Reddit in the link below.

Innokin Proton Bricked? : Innokin

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed about it, although to be fair I bought it off a winner, so it was cheaper.

It's okay though, I judiciously replaced it with a Minikin v2 Raw I have been wanting forever.

I will say, it's been spotty for Innoken though. The Zenith is fantastic, the Ares SUCKED, and my Proton bricked.

So, I'm going to say to Innokin: You are supposed to be reliable, and so far, so not that great. 1/3 is a pretty poor average.

Oh well. I've been wanting that mod forever and now I shall have it. I miss the Proton but not enough to buy another that might brick on me, unfortunately.

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Innokin_Joseph

Brand Rep
Jul 9, 2015
Hi stols001,

First, let me apologize for the delay in response and the issues you're having with your Proton. I know how frustrating it can be to have something you enjoy using just randomly have problems. It's a pain. As you know, our warranty covers manufacturer defects for 90 days post-purchase from an Authorized dealer. However, I still suggest you get in touch with our support as soon as possible. Exclusions can be made for certain scenarios so you may still fit the warranty requirement. Our support email is support@innokin.com; please cc innokinjoseph@gmail.com and paul@innokin.com for the support thread so I can follow it. Be sure to attach pictures of the issue (no screen response).

In the event that support cannot provide you with a warranty replacement, please contact me and we can discuss a massive discount for a new Proton as a courtesy for the trouble you've had. In the event of our products being unreliable we want our support to come through. I hope this works for you! Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Apologies again for all the trouble,

-Joseph

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I used my Innokin Proton for quite a while, but it wasn't pocket friendly with the joystick not being recessed in the side of the mod. I still use it around the house. It's a good mod, but when it rises to full wattage in your pocket and you hit it and get burned wicking, that's an unpleasant surprise. I'm learning to lock mods that I pocket carry. Some don't have strong springs on the fire and power buttons.

I'm using my Jac Vapour Series B DNA 75 a lot lately. It has a feather touch fire button, so I'm doing lots of 5 click locks when I pocket carry.

Apparently, the Proton has a history of bricking itself. 90 day warranty isn't so good considering that it's not a cheap mod. The Innokin rep replied to a guy with the same problem on Reddit in the link below.

Innokin Proton Bricked? : Innokin
Take a look at the Squid Detonator for pocket carry. The on/off switch is a winner for me and something I will look for when buying new devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread