Status
Not open for further replies.

willvap3forfood

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
chicago
The first mod I purchased was and SVD about six months ago. The buttons began wearing out on me so I set out to purchase a new one.
I went to two different vendors both claiming to order directly from inokin. Only problem is the SVDs they carry are different. They had a flat black fire button, as opposed to my original one one with a transparent black button. The engraving of the logo and for pm and VM mode seems a lot deeper. Also the led was different and the screen would appear to shake even with the slightest hand movement. The final difference was in the bottom cap it seemed lighter and the negative connection pin smaller.
I know my original wasn't a fake because I did my research and looked at legitimate SVDs online.
Maybe vendors in my area are ordering from fastech not inokin? Or perhaps inokom reall y did change the design and not tell anyone.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
These differences have been gone over with a fine tooth comb on this forum. There are little differences among the SVD's and I wont go in to all the details. We generally believe that Innoken sells so many of these things that to keep up with orders, different parts and macining/etching is farmed out to several smaller companies in and around China. Its just the way of things over there.

As far as anyone knows, there is not a knock off of an SVD.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Anyone ask inokin dirrectly? If that's the case with these devices I'm done with inokin, I like consistency. I may just be done with china mods as well because just bought a vamo and the threading is shot...
Does inokom do the same with the MVP and 134 as well?

Just get a ProVari and be done with it. Buying cheaply made disposable products just ends up costing more in the long run.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I've only seen two versions of the SVD, the "pre-production" model which didn't have the black button and the +/wattage button was on the right and the -/voltage button was on the left. They switched it up in the final release changing to a translucent black power button and the +/- buttons were flipped around.

That said, there could be other versions that I'm not aware of, but that's the only two I've seen and they're pretty easy to spot.

As for quality, I wouldn't exactly call the SVD a cheap mod, it's actually really well built, sturdy and has taken quite a bit of abuse over the past few months. It may be cheaper in terms of pricing, especially if you buy through FastTech, but the threads are solid, the fire button has a great feel to it and the +/- (wattage/voltage) buttons are solid. A Provari is a fine piece of equipment, but simply because it's made in China doesn't mean it's crap :).

I don't buy from FastTech, only my local B&M and online through reputable vendors, but being made in China doesn't really concern me when the product has great reviews. It's actually come down in price from what I've seen. The single tube model that I have (mod only) is running about $49-$55 or about $37/$39 at FastTech if you feel like waiting that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread