Missouri
smaug 1.jpg

Smaug 2.jpg

monkey39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Texas
I've had one of these and the Luxyoun 50 watt wood mod for a few weeks now, and have seen some issues with the chip not responding to the firing button when in the menu a few times on both of them, meaning they got stuck on one of the menu options and I wasn't able to get out of the menu. Mostly saw this during the first week use, not so much afterwards. Wonder if there's a "burn-in" period for these chips? Not even sure if that's a thing. Decent performance other than that, although I haven't been impressed with battery life on them, either.

Still, enough of a problem that I wouldn't recommend it as a primary device. I have the Sigelei 100 and 150 watt mods, and I would highly recommend either one of them as a primary. They're not much to look at compared to the Dragon mod, but well made and solid performers. Don't have any of the IPV line of mods but heard good things about them, also, and the prices have come down on both the Sigelei's and the IP's some since they came out. Anyway, good luck with whatever you guys who are looking decide to get.

~ regurgitated from my infernal interruption device

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
One other thing of note. When USB charging the screen stays on all the time and battery indicator will progress in a rapid flash. Im sure the screen staying on while charging increases the charge time. When fully charged the screen will go dark. Mine seems to charge to 4.28, then shuts off. I vape while charging.

wabah58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
Missouri
So do that still happen or ut happened a rew times and now its smooth sailing monkey39? And what about you wabah58 has that happened to you?

No hasn't happened to me, no buzzing button either on mine. Battery life is way different from a single 50 watt wood Luxyoun, to a double 18650. 2 different animals.

I just received mine. I noticed immediately while using my Magma RDA @ 1.4ohm, 15w on this things packs a fair bit more punch than 15w on my Segelei Zmax. Not sure why, one of them is surely inaccurate.

So next thing I did was build 0.4ohm on with 24awg Kanthal, and the Smaug makes a buzzing noise when firing. Is this damaging something? it doesn't sound good. I haven't held the button long enough to fire the coil as I'm a bit scared...

I take that back. Your battery voltage is higher then the voltage you have the mod set to.

Indeed need to raise up the power a little bit

Right you both are... Thanks!
So this is amazing now, what a beast of a mod. I can't believe how just a few watts higher than my previous mod makes a huge difference (15w). Now I've crept up to 30w at 0.7ohm and this thing is blasting! (and burning through my juice lol, 172 puffs and counting)

I spent a couple of weeks wondering how much of the 150w I was really gonna use, as I could just as easily bought a 40-50w mod... but history tells me that upgrading vape gear is a never ending journey so I went for overkill!

So yesterday I built a 0.7ohm zipper coil with 30awg Kanthal in my N22 and BOOM!!! She feels just right at about 66w, so glad I went for overkill now :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread