Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else had the experience of changing RDAs with only a small resistance change eg. 0.6 -> 0.7, but the screen stays on 0.6 after pushing the button? A couple of times I've had to unscrew the rda and hit the button to show x.xxohm, and then rescrew it and hit the button again before it shows the correct resistance. This doesn't seem to happen if the resistance change is >0.1ohm. Definitely not a big problem, but hey I'm clutching at straws trying to find something wrong with this mod.

Texasbox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Dallas,Tx
This is the mod that can't be stopped... I've dropped it from no less then 3 feet 8 times now. every time scared that i broke it. every time it hit concrete or tile. once it dropped so hard i thought it died, But it just hit the concrete do hard i had to readjust the 510 screw. I'm please with the build quality as it shows not one sign off being dropped i.e. scratches and such.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Fiend v1.3.2.

Texasbox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Dallas,Tx
totally new look here I'm impressed.
50940.jpg

Sent from the dust in front of you!

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Hey Texas, is that Smaug still looking good? I'm about to buy my upgrade within the next few weeks... I'm still on an istick 30, so you can tell I've waited a long time for this LOL. I'd sworn my next one would be a Sig 150, but I ran across the Smaug the other day by chance and I've become obsessed. Your posts are kinda the seal on this deal, but wanted to check back with ya and make sure this last month or so hasn't changed your mind? :)

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
It showed up today!
Considering that almost the first thing I did was set it on the shelf out of reach of the kids...and the very next thing that happened was the entire contents of that shelf were pulled off by my 2 year old to crash on the ground (by virtue of the work ID badge on a lanyard I'd placed on that same shelf with the lanyard hanging down... I should have known better...)
It still works. Not even a ding. I feel like I died & went to vapehalla, just chillin' with no fear :) BTW it has a pretty dragon on it too :) teehee...who, me? Tolkien buff? Nah -

Reactions: SlumdogUK
Wow, awesome to see this generate so much conversation. :D

I was at my local shop today fueling up on juice and I saw a guy in there buying a new mod because his Smaug bit the dust. What happened to his was one of the metal strip connecting the two battery terminals burned through, reducing the capacity to one battery. I looked at mine and can see a little degradation, but nothing bad. I rarely run mine above 30W, though. Has anyone noticed this with theirs? Seems to me the battery holder they used wasn't rated for the current being pulled.

Texasbox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Dallas,Tx
Ok i figured out that the metal strip in between the battery post is a fuse link... Tried to flip the batt to the right and poof it went lol. Don't know what i was thinking, but hey trial and error lol. Also since I've jumped that same connection i have more power then I did b4. At first i thought my Batts were going dead from using my dripper.

So yes it is very possible for that link between the Batts to degrade or just pop if you try to put the batts in series....

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread