Intense nicotine craving after meals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is what concerns me about the unflavored having a bit of flavoring, are they covering the typical nic taste (a taste I enjoy) or an unpleasant taste related to their extraction process.
The thing is, no amount of flavoring would have been able to cover up the taste of the mothersmilk WTA. Aroma's unflavored is just that....basically no flavor but I can still detect the slight nic taste. At some point I want to see how umbavape is but as I said, at this point I am kinda leery of trying it. The price isn't my concern. I am just afraid of offering it to my hubby and it turns out as bad as MM. I am just hoping he will be willing to try again at some point.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
The thing is, no amount of flavoring would have been able to cover up the taste of the mothersmilk WTA. Aroma's unflavored is just that....basically no flavor but I can still detect the slight nic taste. At some point I want to see how umbavape is but as I said, at this point I am kinda leery of trying it. The price isn't my concern. I am just afraid of offering it to my hubby and it turns out as bad as MM. I am just hoping he will be willing to try again at some point.

I know Aroma worked for years to develop a suitable unflavored WTA for DIY but did not release any until he was comfortable with the product not having an off taste from the extraction process. He has since refined it even further.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
This is what concerns me about the unflavored having a bit of flavoring, are they covering the typical nic taste (a taste I enjoy) or an unpleasant taste related to their extraction process.

My belief from using it is that a better description of "flavorless" is "no added flavor'.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama

Just go to a pharmacy and get some VG, if it has the USP cert. you're good. It's flavorless but does taste sweet, that'll give you an idea. Nic taste varies with strength age and such. I vape straight VG if I do a comp, maybe cut it with a little distilled water sometimes, but that's through an rda. Straight VG may not go well in a tank and such.

My dad vapes flavorless (just VG/PG mixed or VG/dist. water or VG/touch of PGA or Vodka) and sometimes flavored stuff, he's off the nic completely but still vapes because of the hand to mouth habit.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just go to a pharmacy and get some VG, if it has the USP cert. you're good. It's flavorless but does taste sweet, that'll give you an idea. Nic taste varies with strength age and such. I vape straight VG if I do a comp, maybe cut it with a little distilled water sometimes, but that's through an RDA. Straight VG may not go well in a tank and such.

My dad vapes flavorless (just VG/PG mixed or VG/dist. water or VG/touch of PGA or Vodka) and sometimes flavored stuff, he's off the nic completely but still vapes because of the hand to mouth habit.
Thank you :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think I said I would report back on Umbavape WTA (unflavored). Whelp, I was still having major cigarette cravings from my mom's visit, so I loaded up a tank of it pretty heavily, and either it works, or I'm just feeling better. I don't understand how they make it clear and tasteless (pretty much) but they do, and the quality is VASTLY better than Mother's Milk WTA, for less $$ so you really can't beat it. It was comparative to Aroma in potency as best I remember, although it's been a while. I will probably order more as at that price, it really cannot be beaten. I was pleased. :) It doesn't taste good OR bad, so if you are going to do like I did (50/50, but I have REALLY WANTED a cigarette) I'd use a flavorful juice, although I must say, I probably did not need such a high percentage, but it CERTAINLY did the job. :)

Anna

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think I said I would report back on Umbavape WTA (unflavored). Whelp, I was still having major cigarette cravings from my mom's visit, so I loaded up a tank of it pretty heavily, and either it works, or I'm just feeling better. I don't understand how they make it clear and tasteless (pretty much) but they do, and the quality is VASTLY better than Mother's Milk WTA, for less $$ so you really can't beat it. It was comparative to Aroma in potency as best I remember, although it's been a while. I will probably order more as at that price, it really cannot be beaten. I was pleased. :) It doesn't taste good OR bad, so if you are going to do like I did (50/50, but I have REALLY WANTED a cigarette) I'd use a flavorful juice, although I must say, I probably did not need such a high percentage, but it CERTAINLY did the job. :)

Anna
It does sound like umba nailed the process of making it. Thank you for the mini review. It sounds like it pretty much tastes like Aroma (neither tastes good nor bad) and I am happy to hear that it did the job for you. That is the other main concern and it seems like they have nailed that too.

At the price umba is charging I think it would be a safe bet to get some and store part of it in the freezer for future needs. I know my youngest sister wants to make the switch but so far hasn't been able to stick with it. This might do the trick for her.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will be getting more for the freezer soon, don't know how much the husband is going to need.

Even LESS taste than Aroma, actually. Aroma has a hint of nuttiness, but Umbavapes doesn't. I wish I had some Aroma to double blind it, actually, as MM has kind of... deadened my response to WTA, but Umbavapes does NOT. It's really great stuff, honestly especially for the price. Will probably get more fairly soon.... :)

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

Anna

I have never used WTA but I had no issues quitting. The wife on the other hand is still dual using and quite often goes back to smoking full time. When she vapes she is using 6mg nic (non-WTA). I am wondering if I got her some WTA base would 3mg WTA help with cravings more or less than 6mg non-WTA?

Reactions: mattiem

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would imagine that you could just get 6 mg WTA juice? Or 3 mg base but just mix it in to her regular juice? If she's craving a cigarette, it may be that she is really craving more of the alkaloids in tobacco, I know I was. It's pretty immaterial to me what strength WTA I use, I am using a small amount of pure WTA liquid, not flavored WTA liquid, so I usually get a strength similar to what I use. If she's vaping and still craving smoking, WTA really replaces the parts OTHER than nicotine found in tobacco... If that makes sense at all? I found it easier to just blend in a small amount (be it higher or lower nic of WTA) to whatever I was using. I'd probably get the same strength though so that she is not then craving more nicotine, if you are planning to buy a flavored juice. She may need the same nic level AND the WTA.

Best of luck,

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
OK, so looking at the Umbavapes site they sell it in 3mg to 24mg strength (is that nic strength?). If she vapes 6mg should I be getting the 24mg and diluting it down to 6mg or should I just make the normal 6mg nic using the current stuff and just add a few drops of like the 3mg? Maybe I should get the 24 and use enough to get to 3mg and use the regular nic to get from 3 to 6 mg? Really not sure what the best way to use this stuff is. Everything we vape is DIY so I am not looking to get flavored ready to vape stuff.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
OK, so looking at the Umbavapes site they sell it in 3mg to 24mg strength (is that nic strength?). If she vapes 6mg should I be getting the 24mg and diluting it down to 6mg or should I just make the normal 6mg nic using the current stuff and just add a few drops of like the 3mg? Maybe I should get the 24 and use enough to get to 3mg and use the regular nic to get from 3 to 6 mg? Really not sure what the best way to use this stuff is. Everything we vape is DIY so I am not looking to get flavored ready to vape stuff.
Aren't you overthinking it? If I mix a 6mg juice with a 6mg juice I still have a 6mg juice.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Aren't you overthinking it? If I mix a 6mg juice with a 6mg juice I still have a 6mg juice.

While that is true, there are two additional points missed with that line of thought.

First is by getting 24mg for the same price and diluting it down with the gallons of PG/VG I already have on hand, the WTA lasts a lot longer. If I only have to dilute to 3mg instead of 6mg then it will last twice as long.

The second thing is how much of the WTA portion is needed in relation to the actual nicotine? If the WTA portion is really small so that it only takes a couple of drops per say 30ml of regular 6mg flavored juice so that dilution isn't really a factor of how far it stretches then yes 6mg might be a good strength for the WTA base. If the WTA portion needs to be roughly equal to the level of nic meaning I need to use only the WTA as a base then starting with 6mg and adding flavorings will dilute the juice to less than 6mg/ml so i need to start with a higher nic base.

Perhaps I should start a thread in the DIY forum for this instead of hijacking this thread. :D

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If you are diluting nic are you not then also diluting the ingredients that makes the WTA so effective and thereby wasting your money.

There is no way to take an unflavored base, add flavorings and not dilute it. What I need to know is what amount of WTA should be in the final solution in order to be an effective amount.

For instance, I buy 100mg/ml unflavored nic in pure PG as a base. I then mix it with my flavorings, and the correct amounts of PG and VG to end up with 6mg/ml flavored 65PG/35VG. By buying the highly concentrated nic base and mixing it this way, it only takes 14ml of that 100mg base nic juice to make a full bottle of 236ml of what I actually vape. So a 30 ml bottle of base can make 472ml and last for months where as if I bought 30ml of 6mg base and just added a few drops of flavors it would be gone in a few of days.

Considering the cost of 30ml of 6mg WTA is the same as 30ml of 24mg WTA, it is far more cost effective to buy the higher concentration and dilute it down to what you actually need. You are actually wasting money buying the lower concentrations and not diluting it.

Since 24mg is the highest concentration of WTA that site sells (and 24 mg is WAY too high), I am asking if 3mg WTA and 3 MG nic in the final solution is enough or if I should go for 6mg WTA final solution. More than 6mg in the devices we use is too much and gets a bit "peppery".

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
There is no way to take an unflavored base, add flavorings and not dilute it. What I need to know is what amount of WTA should be in the final solution in order to be an effective amount.

For instance, I buy 100mg/ml unflavored nic in pure PG as a base. I then mix it with my flavorings, and the correct amounts of PG and VG to end up with 6mg/ml flavored 65PG/35VG. By buying the highly concentrated nic base and mixing it this way, it only takes 14ml of that 100mg base nic juice to make a full bottle of 236ml of what I actually vape. So a 30 ml bottle of base can make 472ml and last for months where as if I bought 30ml of 6mg base and just added a few drops of flavors it would be gone in a few of days.

Considering the cost of 30ml of 6mg WTA is the same as 30ml of 24mg WTA, it is far more cost effective to buy the higher concentration and dilute it down to what you actually need. You are actually wasting money buying the lower concentrations and not diluting it.

Since 24mg is the highest concentration of WTA that site sells (and 24 mg is WAY too high), I am asking if 3mg WTA and 3 MG nic in the final solution is enough or if I should go for 6mg WTA final solution. More than 6mg in the devices we use is too much and gets a bit "peppery".
Is the WTA a concentrate? If not you have research to do.

Reactions: stols001

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Is the WTA a concentrate? If not you have research to do.

I'm assuming that the WTA's are evenly suspended in the liquid. That's reasonable, otherwise you'd get an inconsistency in the vape experience that would be putting people off of WTA's. So I think what ScottP is saying is correct - grab the highest concentration that you can and dilute it down to what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread