Introducing The GotVapes PHOENiX™ TOP Coil 1.5ml Clearomizer - 2.4-2.6, 2.6-2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
It is possible but not likely. Before I put that one aside I pushed down the seal over the coil cup as I suspected it might not have been tight enough. The 2nd one is filled almost full before I went to bed and that one hasn't leaked a drop nor have I had any gurgling/flood issues with it. I am vaping it right now. I will take the leaky one apart tonight and take pics of it. I suspect it leaked from where the black wrap is.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm sure there has to be people out there with good results? Are we just getting people that are having bad results coming in to post? I know more people have received their orders, let's hear your results:)

Still anxiously waiting on my shipment, expected delivery is today but it still hasn't shown that it arrived in my local post office:(

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
2nd one

I filled it before bed last night and no gurgling. Great flavor right away, really nice vape.

1st one is still gurgling like crazy, the leakage out of the connector end is slow but it is happening. When i took a pull off it for the first time this morning it was seriously blocked, blew it out, and its back to lots of gurgles. Its still a nice vape but I think its just a bad one, not a big deal.

So far i'm digging these, i love the phoenix bottom coil but i wish it had a warmer vape. These solve that problem.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What I am seeing so far is that when they work, they are really good. But, there might be some QC issues with some leaking from the bottom... correct on my eval so far?

2nd one

I filled it before bed last night and no gurgling. Great flavor right away, really nice vape.

1st one is still gurgling like crazy, the leakage out of the connector end is slow but it is happening. When i took a pull off it for the first time this morning it was seriously blocked, blew it out, and its back to lots of gurgles. Its still a nice vape but I think its just a bad one, not a big deal.

So far i'm digging these, i love the phoenix bottom coil but i wish it had a warmer vape. These solve that problem.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
based on how many people, 1 person had a issue, another person who did pm'd becuase they did filled it wrong. so not really seeing issues to be worrying about, these have been tested and they passed, there are many people we know personaly using these now, using many in rotation, no issues, same with bottom coil phoenix, im telling ya we have tested dozens, not having issues. definitly try to seal the black sleeve then retry.

I should of mention this though, the phoenix bottom coil is dry, becuase of this i would fill them all the way and then a tad more to wet the coil area, then pull back some juice to leave a air pocket.

doing this will alleviate getting a dry hit as you syphon the juice to the coil. this will wet the coil before hand avoiading nay issues or having to vape through 3 or 4 pulls until its soaked.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
Just got the Phoenix Top Coil 510 LR. Here are my observations.

Using a Kgo and 70/30 PG/VG Juice.

1) When filling upside down the unit leaked. Through the other fill hole the syringe was not in and out the coil area.

2) when filling sideways as the card that came with it instructs the unit leaked. Through the other fill hole the syringe was not in and out the coil area. This caused the coil to become flooded and I am getting gurgley hits and some minor leaking on the battery.

3) I take long hard draws. Using a 510 Aluminum drip tip I have juice was coming through the fill holes and coil into the space above the Atty assembly and the drip tip. I tried the Flex Drip Tip that came with it and it seems better. That or I have used enough juice so it won't come back out. When pulling out my Aluminum 510 drip tip, I put a stress bend in the side of the tube. So I would recommend you be very careful if you are using your own drip tip. Probably best to use the ones that came with it.

4) It says it comes with 3 drip tips, I only got 2. The whistle and the flex.

5) It seems to go through juice quickly.

6) Looking down at the coil it appears to be off center, to one side.

7) I'm also noticing a bunch of stress fracture lines in the tube where it is nestled around the base. Hopefully these do not grow. I assume they were caused during installation of the tube to the base.

8) The unit feels very warm after some minor chain vaping, could be an issue. The vape is nice and warm though.

9) After about 10 draws I got a burnt tasting one. But so far only one.

10) While trying to blow through the center tube to remove excess juice on the coil from being flooded I blew out a lot of juice. Like more than I ever have after flooding a coil. It seems like there is an 1/8 of juice missing from the tube now?

I'll add more as I observe them. Need to take a break from too much nic! lol.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
and im tyring to replicate gurgling, it just aint happening for us, both I and dan have been testing one after another.

what you might want to do, is after you fill it and put it together, blow out hard, dab off any juice on bottom, and then vape.

I'll repeat... I have at this point only used one unit... so what I reported only applies to that one and may not apply to any other. So in short... stuff happens and only time will tell in the long run. The following is a repeat of what I posted above, it isn't a new report but a full summary in order that Bad or Dan may be able to repeat what caused the gurgle only.

The gurgle....

I filled with the included blunt needle ( so sharp or large needles aren't any part of this one's issue ). I am using a 80/20 PG/VG juice ( from another vendor so I'll not mention names out of respect ). I had filled and started getting the "hot vape" I mentioned earlier and since I was at work... I removed and layed down the Phoenix TC ( horizontal on the table ) and put on a CE2 in order to continue working uninterupted... Later as I got some time, perhaps an hour later but I really don't recall since I was busy... I noticed there was a little juice between the top seal and the mouthpiece... probably less than a drop... I switched back to the Phoenix and took a drag noticing the slight gurgle... removed the Phoenix and blew it out onto a napkin and tried it for a bit more until it again started to "hot vape".... I switched out back to my CE2 so I could finish out my work day and I sat the Phoenix down but I sat it upright so I could look at it later after getting home but not worry about a leak during work hours.

Summary... Before I sat mine down the first time... there was just the slightest bit of condensation between the top seal and the drip tip. I had only vaped less than a 1/8 - 1/4 of the fill. When I laid it down, I laid it down horizontal on the table. When I blew it out... I got somewhere between 2-4 drops worth of fluid... probably closer to 2 but it spreads so much in a napkin its tough for me to judge exactly.

Hope that helps a bit at duplicating it... if this isn't just this one unit that I've tried up till now.

Randy

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
After blowing out the coil, I'm getting nothing but dry burny hits now. I think this unit may be bad or I need to clean it.

Once I know the correct way to fill, I'll break out a new one from the pack and try it. This one just may be screwed due to the bad leaky fill.

I noticed another poster said the coils looked really packed, so do the ones on this first unit. That and its off center may be why I am having issues. I think the coils need to be spread out more.

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
I just opened the remaining 4 in the pack.

Removed the top and looked down at the coil.

2 Have the coils spread out more, but one wrap of the coil on one end is expanded HUGE. Its like x2 the diameter of the rest of them?

The other 2 look like good coils, good spacing and no issues.

I think there might be a coil QC issue here.

Last edited:

Bodasafa

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Crystal Lake, IL - USA
I dont understand why people are trying to fill the top coil upside down. You fill all top coil cartomizers right side up.

I'm new at vaping and I was thinking since it was a phoenix I should follow what I saw in the bottom coil thread. Probably just a newb mistake on my part. Ive only ever used a stardust and wanted something better so tried these.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Wow... a lot of posts happened while I was typing the last one...

Reading through... I noticed one other mention leaking when they had it standing up overnight...

So I filled up two fresh clearo's.... I filled them both upright and just up to the edge of the ceramic cup. I laid one down horizontal on a napkin and placed the other one into a clear plastic coin tube upright on end... I'll just let these sit overnight if needed.

Randy

timh

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Summerdale Al.
I'm new at vaping and I was thinking since it was a phoenix I should follow what I saw in the bottom coil thread. Probably just a newb mistake on my part. Ive only ever used a stardust and wanted something better so tried these.
There is a learning curve with just about any product that you have not tried before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread