It's HERE! GotVapes PHOENiX Bottom Coil Clearomizer - XL (1.5ml) and eGo Tank (3ml) - Come see the SteelJan Edition XL : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Been there with the glued in adapter. Did that on an ego batt once. Hopefully you have a bit of thread left to grab the adapter. I used just a drop of epoxy on each side of the threads on a 510 to ego adapter and it's still together and getting usage. That's been about three months so far. Now that I made it public it will probably fall off tomorrow.:)

lol hope it don't. Someone else also said to use 5 minute epoxy. If I knew which box my crystal effects was in (crafting thick, dimensional kinda glue) I could probably use that. Yeah, it'll barely seat for just a second til ya turn it some more, so I think I can get it on there, make sure it's working and glue it down. Since the adapter has airholes itself, that shouldn't matter if I cover the ones in the gripper threads.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
Ok so I'm guessing the Phoenix draws more power from my kgo battery than a boge would? I have two kgo batteries that I think are on their way out. None of my Phoenix clearo's work on either of them now; won't even fire, just blink blink even when fully charged. Glad I have one 650 ego twist to use with them and have two more 1000 twists coming soon. Until then, I'm stuck with boge's on my kgo's while my twist is charging...ughhhhh.....
Lesson learned....your back-up definitely need a back-up or two :glare:

I just opened a new phoenix and it's working on my kgo batteries that I thought were going bad. Hmmm...I don't know how 3 of my phoenix tanks bit the dust all in one day.....any ideas? It seems my process of elimination isn't working :laugh: Now I have 3 new batteries on the way :ohmy:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Sorry, my last post wasn't completely correct. Some of the 3ml tanks work on the twist but not the kgo.....is that weird or what?

Have you tried grabbing the positive post on the bottom of the 3 ml's and giving them an ever so slight twist and pull. I have a couple I am constantly doing this on. If I would quit switching batteries it probably would be OK. Some batts have a higher center post and push that in a smidge where when you put it on another batt it won't make contact. Just grab it with a small needle nose pliers and give it a gentle wiggle down and try it again. The major flaw with these is that they made the ego skirt too long and it actually bottoms out on some batteries before the post makes contact. I keep meaning to file some of the skirt down a bit but never seem to get to it.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I will try that as soon as I get home Wally! So you think the twist pushed the post up? Makes sense! That would save 3,3ml Phoenix's!
Thanks so much :)

Yeah. Unfortunately from battery to battery the dimensions vary a bit. Does not take much and really not visible to the eye.
If they would just shorten the skirt on these a touch this would all go away. That is what prevents the tank from seating in the 510 connection. It is physically holding it up. If you have a file try taking a bit off the bottom of the skirt so it does not bottom out on the battery shoulder before it makes electrical contact.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Are the bottom coil Phoenix XL's (1.5ml) in 808 thread discontinued?
It's been a long time since I've seen them in stock.

I do not believe they have been. GV might be waiting on the new ones that underwent some design changes. Not sure when they will arrive. Maybe Dan or Bad can respond with a closer guestimate if they see this.

ams30gts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Los Angeles
Having trouble with burnt taste after cleaning.

I followed the video instructions exactly. When doing the dry burn, I let it burn for less than 1 sec and let it cool for roughly 10 secs before doing it again. I immediately stop once I see a slight red glow from the coil. Them I put them back together and use them. I am now getting a burnt taste on the 2 that I have cleaned.

Am I doing it wrong?

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Everyone has their own way of cleaning. Most times after rinsing in water I may even soak them in PGA before a dry burn and rinse them in PGA again after a dry burn and dry burn one more time before assembly. I like to clean and dry burn til there is no vapor or odor coming off the coil and wick anymore. If you leave the wicks wet on assembly that has to burn off first before it gets the actual juice
I mentioned this somewhere before but have you ever done a dry burn on brand new items?? I think you will be shocked that some of them actually stink on the first couple uses. If they smell on the first burn it's into the PGA for a soak and another dry burn after till the odor is gone. PITA but it seems to eliminate the new item off taste and break in period for the real flavors to come through.
Just my 2 cents. What works for each person and makes them happy is their "right way".:)

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I thought the purpose of the dry burn was to evaporate the water from the coil?

it is but there is no reason to leave it full of water and make the coil work harder and die faster.

SO after cleaning thoroughly, for me thats hot water and i blow through it a few times then keep it under hot water for a few minutes( you might need to use a different method depending on your juice). then blow it dry, flick it dry, and twist a napkin and dry up the inside and press up against the wick and absorb as much as you can, i would keep a dry peace on the wick and blow through the connector portion to get as much water on the paper towel. then you dry burn with 3 second bursts with a little pause in between. repeat until its dry and coil is red, then fill and vape

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
I've been waiting for this (sadly, since Steeljan's last video). Just ordered both. This may be the best e-cig innovation in design yet! Can't wait to try it!!

Innovation in Design, sure. Just wondering how the coils didn't get on the bottom of the devices from the get go?

Always wondered why the designers would put the coils at the top when truthfully they belong on the bottom since Gravity pulls everything down.

I could have sworn, kind of off topic, that there is a Kanger T2 in the works with a Bottom Coils too!

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Innovation in Design, sure. Just wondering how the coils didn't get on the bottom of the devices from the get go?

Always wondered why the designers would put the coils at the top when truthfully they belong on the bottom since Gravity pulls everything down.

I could have sworn, kind of off topic, that there is a Kanger T2 in the works with a Bottom Coils too!

Not everyone likes the cooler vape from a bottom coil.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
it is but there is no reason to leave it full of water and make the coil work harder and die faster.

SO after cleaning thoroughly, for me thats hot water and i blow through it a few times then keep it under hot water for a few minutes( you might need to use a different method depending on your juice). then blow it dry, flick it dry, and twist a napkin and dry up the inside and press up against the wick and absorb as much as you can, i would keep a dry peace on the wick and blow through the connector portion to get as much water on the paper towel. then you dry burn with 3 second bursts with a little pause in between. repeat until its dry and coil is red, then fill and vape
I'd like to add....
Take care if using a napkin to dry the inside that you don't get the wicks all messed up.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL

Actually it's their T3. I have seen it around already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread