It's HERE! GotVapes PHOENiX Bottom Coil Clearomizer - XL (1.5ml) and eGo Tank (3ml) - Come see the SteelJan Edition XL : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
Ok so I'm guessing the Phoenix draws more power from my kgo battery than a boge would? I have two kgo batteries that I think are on their way out. None of my Phoenix clearo's work on either of them now; won't even fire, just blink blink even when fully charged. Glad I have one 650 ego twist to use with them and have two more 1000 twists coming soon. Until then, I'm stuck with boge's on my kgo's while my twist is charging...ughhhhh.....
Lesson learned....your back-up definitely need a back-up or two :glare:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Ok so I'm guessing the Phoenix draws more power from my kgo battery than a boge would? I have two kgo batteries that I think are on their way out. None of my Phoenix clearo's work on either of them now; won't even fire, just blink blink even when fully charged. Glad I have one 650 ego twist to use with them and have two more 1000 twists coming soon. Until then, I'm stuck with boge's on my kgo's while my twist is charging...ughhhhh.....
Don't forget the 'backup' charger too :unsure: cuz back up batterys don't do ya much good if the charger breaks down and you don't have a backup one :) I always make sure I have back ups of everything :laugh:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

LOL I "like"ed your post but not the bad luck you're having right now. My grandaughter keeps asking me how many of these things I need :laugh: and I just keep explaining the need for back-ups to my back-ups. You might want to start thinking of a future move to a vv with replaceable batteries. They cost a little more to begin with, but the batteries for them cost a very small amount. :)

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Ok so I'm guessing the Phoenix draws more power from my kgo battery than a boge would?

The ohms rating of the carto will determine if it pulls more amperage ( current ) or not... not the brand or type. The lower the ohms, the more amperage it use and higher the power ( wattage )

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I had one leak on me also. My theory is the fill hole not "Self Healing" properly
On the XL Phoenix's, the fill hole is very, very small, and on the 3ml, it seems a tad larger, and when initially puctured, may not be sealing itself. I ordered some replacements from Danno, and the next time I fill it, I'm going to use a SHARP needle to make the initial puncture, then a blunt on refills...

Just my theory, anyway...

When self healing holes don't heal, I stick the needle just barely in, but NOT all the way through, while the carto is right side up, and draw the plunger up. This will often seem to heal it back up better. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Looks big like a provari am I right? If I graduate, I might look into those. Right now, I've been extremely happy with my kgos and twists. But you never know :)

The gripper is a tiny little thing and my only issue with it is that the threads aren't well done. But if you put an adapter on it so you aren't always attaching and detaching something from the connector threads themselves, it should last longer. I got mine elsewhere because I won a GC and got it with that. The threads have stripped on mine, but I'm going to glue the adapter in place and I think that will work fine. It's a bit smaller than an altoids tin, and uses one 18650 battery, and this thing is a powerhouse!!!!!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Looks big like a provari am I right? If I graduate, I might look into those. Right now, I've been extremely happy with my kgos and twists. But you never know :)

LOL I started off with kgos, thought I'd never want one of those "big" things. They're not really that huge once you actually have one in your hands. :laugh: I got my first taste of vv with an iTaste because I liked the idea of the screen with a readout (and because the chamelion is such a pretty color). Then I won a vtube in another contest. It looked HUGE on my monitor, but I was pleasantly surprised by the size when I got it. Next I bought the gripper and I love it. Of course I had to go and fall in love with the vmax next and bought one. I've got a couple of other things too :laugh: and plenty of batteries!! Lastly, I don't regret any of my purchases.
You just have to find one that looks interesting to YOU and try it. :)

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012

The one shown is a eGo 18650 Mod...The 18650 is typical of bigger batt mods, and will Illustrate the diameter. I also have a Provari, but it collects an awful lot of dust. I, like yourself, really like the Twist (in combination with a mini Vivi). When I'm at work, I take my Ego Mod with me, because I know I'll get a full 8-10 hrs vape out of it, plus if I loose it, or break it, I'm not out a ton of $$$$.

Danno hinted awhile back about the possibility of a "Twisted" (or VV) version of the eGo 18650 mod. If it does indeed come to fruition, I will for sure be scooping them up, as it will be the BOM IMO....(performance per dollar)

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
The one shown is a eGo 18650 Mod...The 18650 is typical of bigger batt mods, and will Illustrate the diameter. I also have a Provari, but it collects an awful lot of dust. I, like yourself, really like the Twist (in combination with a mini Vivi). When I'm at work, I take my Ego Mod with me, because I know I'll get a full 8-10 hrs vape out of it, plus if I loose it, or break it, I'm not out a ton of $$$$.

Danno hinted awhile back about the possibility of a "Twisted" (or VV) version of the eGo 18650 mod. If it does indeed come to fruition, I will for sure be scooping them up, as it will be the BOM IMO....(performance per dollar)

Thanks for your input Zipper :) I've not tried the vivi's yet. From the pics I've seen of them they have long wicks, right? There is just something about the look those wicks floating around in my juice that bothers me. Yes, I'm strange :laugh:

Would love to see GV take on the twist! I'd sure get one.....or more ;)

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
The gripper is a tiny little thing and my only issue with it is that the threads aren't well done. But if you put an adapter on it so you aren't always attaching and detaching something from the connector threads themselves, it should last longer. I got mine elsewhere because I won a GC and got it with that. The threads have stripped on mine, but I'm going to glue the adapter in place and I think that will work fine. It's a bit smaller than an altoids tin, and uses one 18650 battery, and this thing is a powerhouse!!!!!

Been there with the glued in adapter. Did that on an ego batt once. Hopefully you have a bit of thread left to grab the adapter. I used just a drop of epoxy on each side of the threads on a 510 to ego adapter and it's still together and getting usage. That's been about three months so far. Now that I made it public it will probably fall off tomorrow.:)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Been there with the glued in adapter. Did that on an ego batt once. Hopefully you have a bit of thread left to grab the adapter. I used just a drop of epoxy on each side of the threads on a 510 to ego adapter and it's still together and getting usage. That's been about three months so far. Now that I made it public it will probably fall off tomorrow.:)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Thanks for your input Zipper :) I've not tried the vivi's yet. From the pics I've seen of them they have long wicks, right? There is just something about the look those wicks floating around in my juice that bothers me. Yes, I'm strange :laugh:

I kinda thought that a first myself, but they sure turned out to be a sweet suprise...

My favorite rig at the moment is a Mini Vivi on the Spinner...

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL

The replacement metal tanks will cure your loose wick syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread