Introducing - The PureSmoker LEGACY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks really good. I'm EXTREMELY jealous. Would look to see some up close shots of the finish.

I'm planning to send out my Prodigy 3.1 to get it a CHROME finish after I get my Legacy.

I'll take quite a few pictures in the upcoming hours and post them on here and the PureSmoker forums.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
It's here and it's GORGEOUS!! Feels good in the hand and has a nice weight to it. Love the media blasted finish. And it hits like a mule with the Kick and an AW 18490.

With a stainless Lil Mama tank....

001-27.jpg

A size comparison......

002-25.jpg

Thank you SO MUCH Steve!! Another outstanding mod from the PureSmoker crew!!

tonymopar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida, escaped from NY
That is totally hot!!

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the Legacy has finally been born! Thanks to all those that entered the Device Naming Thread! We really appreciate it!

This is the Final Prototype Piece, and Production has now started. Still being a prototype, don't pay attention to any of the machining marks
wink.png
LOL

FAQ:
1. Versions Available in the USA [Still To Be Discussed with Lisa for EU release]:
* Standard 18650 [AW IMR 18490 + KICK]
* IMR 18650 WITH Kick
* Standard 18500 [AW IMR 18350 + KICK]
* Possibly 18350 [Stand Alone - Won't work with kick]

2. User replaceable brass contact points (switch side & atomizer side)

3. Types:
Stainless Steel - Premium Type (For Sure) [This Will Be The Only Version Available Upon Release]
Aluminum - More budget friendly & different colors available (Hoping to make this happen a bit further down the road)

4. Integrated Tank at some point (still in the development phase)

5. Beefier threads on top & bottom (Top adapter cap has been moved from female threads to male threads)

6. Re-egineered 510 Adapter that works with all tanks we have tested.

7. Adding more safety measures ...

* Moving to a electrophoretic painted spring (non conductive)
* Additional delrin top cap on spring (where by the spring itself - although non conductive - never touches anything but plastic)
* More & a Sizable increase in venting holes (Most are hidden with a couple slots on the tube itself)
* Brass screw head used in adapter is smaller than the OD of the center pin on the atomizer, therefore, the pin will never be able to short
* Larger pressed delrin spacer - weight savings & more delrin (less prone to cracking the thicker/bigger it is)

8. Lengthier button travel, but still 100% adjustable.

9. Not just a boring straight tube -- She now has curves, making her easier to hold & more ergonomic!

18650 LEGACY
ffad3d6f.jpg

18500 LEGACY
1ca14ad3.jpg

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Steve do you have any plans for a re-buildable atty tank to
match the Legacy?....it would look awesome...and sell like
hot cakes...:laugh:

Tank, yes -- Atty, no.

Are you talking about a rebuildable atomizer? Or rebuildable tank Violet? I'm a bit confused :confused: LOL

ok can somone tell me where the Kick is ? i think its an insert to boost power but didnt know it was available . loving the legacy was about to order but think ill wait for all options to be available first , have to decide what i want . i already own the icon and prodigy

We'll have the kick available hopefully within the next week or so Lefty :)

aznfknpride

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hawaii
Please excuse my ignorance, but I looked throughout this thread and on the PureSmoker website itself and could not find the info I was looking for.

How is the throw of the switch adjusted, and is it lockable? Definitely considering a Legacy+kick, but still unsure of the bottom button. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Ooooo... oooo.... I just checked my tracking ( even though I didn't think it would have shown movement over the weekend )... Mine has made it into our main PO distribution point so it should make it to my town and be delivered tomorrow... a day or two before I expected it...

Time to get excited again...

Randy

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Please excuse my ignorance, but I looked throughout this thread and on the PureSmoker website itself and could not find the info I was looking for.

How is the throw of the switch adjusted, and is it lockable? Definitely considering a Legacy+kick, but still unsure of the bottom button. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Azn ...

The throw is adjusted via Washers Inserted/Removed from the switch itself :) And yes, the switch does lock. Locked when the jam nut is spun and sitting against the tube ... Unlocked when jam nut is at its furthest point. It very simple :)

Hope that helps!

Luma

ECF Veteran
Hey Luma,

Not yet available. The 18490/18500 version will actually be the 18350 version + extension sleeve.

Both should be available within the next week or so. Just keep an eye out here, our forums, twitter, facebook, or the site :) Updates are posted on pretty much all! Have a great week!

Awesome. Thanks Steve.

aznfknpride

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hawaii
Hey Azn ...

The throw is adjusted via Washers Inserted/Removed from the switch itself :) And yes, the switch does lock. Locked when the jam nut is spun and sitting against the tube ... Unlocked when jam nut is at its furthest point. It very simple :)

Hope that helps!

Thanks Cash!

My first mod was actually a Protege, back in '09 when I registered... sold it to a buddy of mine and went back to analogs. Bought a Provari last week and really afraid of dropping it so I want a bomb proof mod to use as my daily driver when I'm out and about. Look for my order in a couple weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread