Status
Not open for further replies.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
I've been using the Volt Standard Kit 19 Days and Loved it, I finally broke down and ordered the Mid-Sized Volt X2 which I received yesterday... OUTSTANDING! I have no trouble with the Draw with the cap on or off and I have another Clear Carto tank, sorry couldn't wait, same style SI just released, which hasn't leaked. My one complaint would be the shortness of the cable and will be waiting impatiently for the longer ones before ordering a second X2 and 3 more Carto tanks.

I can't express how fantastic all the SI products work, not to mention the Super-Fast Delivery and outstanding Customer Service. I'm planning on sending my 78mm Volts to my Sister, who has been using another Brand, no doubt she'll love this more. I've already had three people order the 78mm Volts and another will be purchasing the X2 next payday, these products really do sell themselves.

Update; Being impatient, I ordered my second Volt X2 650(white) and three of the Carto Tanks @ 10:30. :blush:

Last edited:

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
That did it. Short cord or no lol. I gotta have a black battery with the smoke one. I'm outta control.

WANT ....Want NOW!!

Oh maaaan! This sale is gonna kill me. I just went back and ordered another automatic X2 1300. Can't stand the thought of being without it should it happen to go on the fritz. I love this thing!! :wub:

OK the peer pressure is getting to me now - My last order just shipped today but now I, too, am going back for more.

Rave - move over, I am also being a verry baad, BAD putty tat :evil:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
OK the peer pressure is getting to me now - My last order just shipped today but now I, too, am going back for more.

Rave - move over, I am also being a verry baad, BAD putty tat :evil:

:laugh: Welcome to The Poor House! Ah ... but I know we won't regret it one bit. :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Sorry if this was answered before in this thread, but it's really long to read the whole thing.

Can I use a standard eGo charger with an adapter on the X2 batts? Same voltage etc? Or the regular USB volt charger?

-C via mobile

I will leave the more professional answer to someone like "Imagine" or "Konstantine" . . .

However simply put - from what I know - "NO" to both . . . here is the post you needed to find: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-new-batteries-passthrough-6.html#post5589966

AND - confirmed again in the FAQ thread here:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...q-frequently-asked-questions.html#post5585761

Hope this information helps . . . :D

BTW: Just an FYI there is a search at the top of each thread that will usually help you find the information you want to know . . . :D

capt.n.coke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Indy
Thanks Uncle. The FAQ actually speaks to the USB power source, i.e. car adapter, wall adapter, etc. What I was actually referring to was the "charger" itself, like the USB->808 charger with a typical 78mm auto.

And now I see why my question didn't make sense, the X2 is a Passthrough, USB cable included...duh

See, this is how fast I made a purchase today...
---
"Oooh XL cartos"...$cha-ching$
"Oooh clearos"...$cha-ching$

10 min later
"wait those clearos are 808, my fatt batt is a 510"
"that will look crappy with an adapter"
"Oooh 808 fatt batt"...$cha-ching$

later at home...
"wait can I charge that x2? 510 egos and 510 regular manuals cant share a charger...."
---
I never even read the website that it was a passthrough! lol :facepalm:

Thanks again Uncle and SI!

-C

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Your Welcome - It was "My" Pleasure . . .:D

BTW: If I am correct - and if not someone will surely step in . . . Now I do not want to confuse you at all . . . However, You should know, even though it is a "Passthu" you can use it just like any other Battery . . . ALso you can use it as a "Passthu" with a "Wall Wart" too - However, it "MUST" Be the Correct "wattage"/Ohm (I forget which one) if You want to use it to Directly Vape as a "Passthu" . . . Also, the X2 battery itself can charge on the other "Wall Wart" for an KR808D-1 as long as you are not Vaping dirctly from it . . . NOW - make sure it is from Smokeless Image or it will not fall under their warranty . . . :) I do hope this information helps you learn more about these batteries . . . :D

Last edited:

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
doing so would void your warranty. But yes there is no need it comes with the usb cable passthrough charger :)

Sorry if this was answered before in this thread, but it's really long to read the whole thing.

Can I use a standard eGo charger with an adapter on the X2 batts? Same voltage etc? Or the regular USB volt charger?

-C via mobile

ponky

Oct 16, 2011
pnw
Thanks Konstantine. hmm it doesn't work with the 78mm automatic battery either. maybe it doesn't like my particular adapter? is you X2 650 an automatic? where did you pick up your adapter?

EDIT: ooh I think you are right about the adapter. I did a test just wrapping a little scotch tape over the holes on the adapter and it can KIND of work now. can't get much of a draw but its trying at least

Last edited:

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
just for reference the automatic X2's will not work with a 510 adapter and 510 cartos (i use the stardusts and the vision stones). I'm assuming this is because of the sealed battery since the unsealed batteries DO work. Does anyone know of a workaround for this? perhaps not enough air is getting in to activate the battery?

The flat post of the sealed batteries has issues with adapters. If you look at 808 cartos they work on flat posts because they have slots on the connecter allowing air in. One of the work arounds is to simply pull out the center post on the adapter and reverse it. This method has worked on a 910 to 808 adapter to allow 901s to work on sealed posts.
We figured out some good solutions on the echo thread. I will see if I can find them. It's a very long thread.

I though SI "sealed" autos originally had slots on the center post. Is there a reason that changed? If you look at the pictures on their site at the posts of the "sealed" autos, they show them having slots for airflow.

stalebird

Apr 9, 2009
Ok, here goes! Got my X2 and clearomizers today. I am going to post this same post in both the clearomizer and X2 battery threads as they go hand in hand. A Little history. I smoked for 16 years. Started vaping a little less than a year ago and have not had one analog since. But, it took me some time to find the right ecig. I started with the 7-11 garbage. Then I went to Volcano eCigs. I got the Vocano manual giant batter (looks almost exactly like this X2 I just got except the X2 has this awesome rubbarized finish). Anyway, they also had clearomizers, but they were tanks, without wicks. I liked them - a lot. My only problem was "cool" vapor. It seems from a cartomizer on a regular small battery, the vapor is warm, and I like that. So I made the switch the Volt. For the past 7 months or so, the ONLY thing I vaped was Volt with the 16mg Cappuccino. It wasn't my "go-to", it was my only. So when i saw the new X2s and clearomizers i thought "well, I liked the Volcano, so maybe Volt will be different". BOY IS IT EVER. First, the clearomizers on the volcano were much cheaper. AND MUCH MORE CHEAPLY MADE. The Smokeless image 1.6 clearomizer honeslty looks like a piece of medical equipment it looks so professionally built. I hooked it up, took one drag, and BOOM - TONS of warm, tasty vapor from a clearomizer!!. But even more to my surprise, is when I took it off, took one of my regular cartos and hooked it up to the Big Batt. HOLY cow! I'm afraid with the vapor production I'll probably go through 5 cartos in a day. So, back to loving vaping even more than I ever thought with a 1.6 clearomizer, and a big boy 1300mAH battery. By the way, two things i hear alot of discussion about: Hooking a regular carto up to the big battery doesn't look that weird. And second, the big battery IS a lot bigger than the standard ones. My question is, why do you care? Isn't the point to not look like completely like a real cig so you don't get asked what you're doing? :)

Again, SI, awesome job!!

stalebird

Apr 9, 2009
Imagine, or anyone who can help. Unfortunately I seem to be having a slight problem. My battery isn't indicating if it's charging. I assumed it just came fully charged, but I've been sitting here vaping for over an hour hardcore trying to eat up some battery, and no matter what, when i plug it in, no light at all. I have the manual so i know only the button should light up, but nothing. I even tried a different cord. I then also (to make sure the cords were messed) plugged the cord that came with it into an old Volcano and that worked. Anything else I should try? A bit concerned because (as you saw my overnight thread, etc) I am leaving on a trip tomorrow so won't have time for an exchange. Hopefully this is fixable?

Edit: The light on the button works fine when vaping, FYI.

Also, the end never glows (when vaping or charging) but I thought i read the end only glows on the automatics.

Thanks as always!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread