Is Alien Visions Closing Or Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
As if things weren't looking bad already, their website domain has expired....wish I had a chance to put in one last big order.

I'd highly recommend grabbing some Django's - it gets you 85% there and definitely can be used as a replacement.. If you mix it 50/50 with Flavorwest Banana Bread you are 95% at Gorilla juice... I'm sure with Skeebo, me and others still trying to unlock the code there will some progress on the other parts but AVE has proven time and time again to be unreliable.

Reactions: smacuser

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Reactions: SonnyCrack

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Ok so I bought the flavor shot of Django's bounty. How much VG would mix? It says 20% starting. So is that basically 4 parts VG to 1 part Django's?

My last mix was 15% Django... I am going lower on the next mix. It's a strong flavor. If you need help get on ELR for their calculator.

• Informative

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
I got Old Captain SC the other day. The smell reminds me of Bobas. I am going to do another mix. This time I am going to lessen the percentage of Django, keep Magic Mix at the same percentage and add some Old Captain to it.

I'm pretty sure Old Captain is in Django's but maybe you can up the percentage by adding some. Let me know how it turns out.

Reactions: Skeebo

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
I am finding a bitter note on a longer steep of Django... What are your thoughts? It's why I am continually dropping it's percentage.

I haven't found it particularly bitter although what I've been doing lately and really enjoying is doing 11% Django - 4% Ethyl Maltol and 1% Winter Oak (Gremberry).. I finally have Magic Mix on it's way from Chef's but to give you an idea Winter Oak is like the holiday vape - I'm not even sure I'd vape it on it's own but it has cinnamon in it.. And I've found that at 1% it's not overly obvious but it's sweet and has cinnamon and some other notes going on that really fit.. What I'll do is after I get Magic Mix - I'll play with it some more and just send you a 10/15ml or something.. Probably easier to get an idea.

I'll add that I love what I got right now - still vaping it everyday as a go between it and the RY Pistachio thing from Wayne (that's a kkkkkkkkkkiller recipe if you haven't tried it).

• Love
Reactions: Skeebo

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I haven't found it particularly bitter although what I've been doing lately and really enjoying is doing 11% Django - 4% Ethyl Maltol and 1% Winter Oak (Gremberry).. I finally have Magic Mix on it's way from Chef's but to give you an idea Winter Oak is like the holiday vape - I'm not even sure I'd vape it on it's own but it has cinnamon in it.. And I've found that at 1% it's not overly obvious but it's sweet and has cinnamon and some other notes going on that really fit.. What I'll do is after I get Magic Mix - I'll play with it some more and just send you a 10/15ml or something.. Probably easier to get an idea.

I'll add that I love what I got right now - still vaping it everyday as a go between it and the RY Pistachio thing from Wayne (that's a kkkkkkkkkkiller recipe if you haven't tried it).

My mix is now a little over 4 weeks old and this last week of steep seems to have changed it a lot for the better. It's still just the Django and Magic Mixx in this bottle. I am going to add a little bit of Old Captain to the next mix.

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
My mix is now a little over 4 weeks old and this last week of steep seems to have changed it a lot for the better. It's still just the Django and Magic Mixx in this bottle. I am going to add a little bit of Old Captain to the next mix.

I guess what's missing is a top/bright note then.. I wouldn't cross cinnamin out the list but the way Ben explained it - it couldn't have been more than 3 flavors.. I doubt that anyone would think it's as complex as we may be making it out to be.. It could be as simple as percentages being off.

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
I will say that I know for sure that Winter Oak (Grem) was not around - but I can say at 1.5% it gives the top note that's missing from Django/ACV/EM mix... It's not enough to identify the note but it just rounds it off. I'm hoping that MM just finishes it but who knows.. I do know the more I work on it - the more I like it.. I'm to the point where I really believe that if I had a bottle of Boba's sitting here I'd prefer my mix better but that may be wishful thinking lol it's been a couple of years since I vaped it but I vaped a few liters of the last decade.

Reactions: BNEAT

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida

I mixed this up - did a quick steep and vortex and its soooooooooooo good. Check it out if you have the flavors. If you don't want Winter Oak you can do .5% cinnamon (the red hot sort).

It's on ELR for Boba's Bounty 2021 Remix

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Quick question about the Magic Mix - did it gain in prominence with the steep at all? Thanks! I notice it just seemed to add body but not the prune/raisin flavor that I smell off the bottle itself.

Yes, it did. I think it really started showing up between the week to two week mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread