Is an extended telescope piece or something being made into consideration for accommodation with the kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctherus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
California
With a certain company making a extended sleeve for their silver bullet to allow a 18650 battery while the kick is dropped in, it makes me wonder if GG, being the higher-end production that they are, is doing something likewise. Otherwise quite frankly, the considerably inferior battery life of the GG+kick would have in comparison would drive me to go with the longer lasting product in that department.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
the interview was this one:
VTTalk with Guest Brandon Ward

Around 25 minutes discussion about the kick starts.

Thanks for the vid, I'll check it out later when I'm not in class. If it is indeed only 15mm, then I can say that you can definitely use an 18650 in it without a telescope tube. I know that there is at least a 15mm difference in length between two different brands of 18650s I have, and even using the long one I can probably spare 30mm or so.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
What brand of battery do you have that makes an 18800 and calls it an 18650? Or are you saying someone is labelling an 18500 as an 18650?

I'm not sure if this was directed to me or not, but if it was, My AW IMR 18650 is about 1-1.5mm shorter than another brand I have. I'm not sure if it's a Trustfire, tenergy or some other brand as I haven't used it in a while.

As for the extension....

I'm confused as to why we would need an extender if it is only 15mm tall. There is more than enough wiggle room with an AW IMR 18650. I just extended the tube to the max (just before the threads were exposed) and there is almost 4cm of space on top of the battery.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
I don't think one needs an extender either. I just posted what to use if a person wanted one. VV's are meant to be used w/IMR's and they are much shorter than say a AW 18650 2900

Ah groovy. Thanks for the info. I thought I was missing something, or maybe I forgot how to metric system, which would be embarrassing seeing as I'm Canadian...

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Thanks for the vid, I'll check it out later when I'm not in class. If it is indeed only 15mm, then I can say that you can definitely use an 18650 in it without a telescope tube. I know that there is at least a 15mm difference in length between two different brands of 18650s I have, and even using the long one I can probably spare 30mm or so.

I'm not sure if this was directed to me or not, but if it was, My AW IMR 18650 is about 1-1.5mm shorter than another brand I have. I'm not sure if it's a Trustfire, tenergy or some other brand as I haven't used it in a while.

There's a lot of difference between 1.5mm and 15mm :)

I've heard of up to a 4mm difference between an IMR and one of the very long protected cells, but "at least a 15mm difference in length between two different brands" would be compleatly different sizes. 18350 + 15 = 18500 + 15 = 18650

And with all that, sizes are "nominal" and there is a lot of variation, so I was wondering what brand of 18650 was 15mm out of spec...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread