• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is anyone still vaping in NW Arkansas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Well, last Tues. I bought an NJoy NPro and tried it on Wed. It was not satisfactory!! (to say the least) I had found this forum a couple weeks ago and had lurked a little. Last Wed. I think that it was, I joined the forum and started looking around for a real e-cig. I ended up ordering a 510 Joye kit and had that priority mailed to me (along with a bottle of menthol juice). The 510 is MUCH better but the battery life isn't much to brag about. In fits and spurts over the next couple of day, I also ordered a 510 passthrough and an eGo battery + 5 cartomizers. I got the 510 from e-smokey treats. I also ordered the passthrough from them. The eGo battery was ordered through cignot. I also ordered juices from Backwater Brews, Totally Twisted Texas e-liquids, and the Vapor Room. None have arrived yet, but I'm looking forward to having a party at my mailbox this week! :laugh:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I'm here! Welcome chimney. :)

Dee's right, we're pretty quiet. I think it may be that we're a rather small group and spread out all over the state.

You know Dee, we should really see how many core areas we have. A get together would be great but I think it would have to be several groups for convenience sake.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
There are several members from NWA that appear rarely on the forum. Up your way I know we've got Mace, Mariah, Rusty...there's gotta be more. Huh, I just tried to look at our members list and can't find it. WTH? Did it disappear with the latest renovation? I started with an Njoy too but switched to the 901 after a month. Sounds like you did your research and have some good stuff coming. Try not to kiss the mailman, they get nervous.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
There are several members from NWA that appear rarely on the forum. Up your way I know we've got Mace, Mariah, Rusty...there's gotta be more. Huh, I just tried to look at our members list and can't find it. WTH? Did it disappear with the latest renovation? I started with an Njoy too but switched to the 901 after a month. Sounds like you did your research and have some good stuff coming. Try not to kiss the mailman, they get nervous.

Good possibility that the upgrade messed it up Dee. I know the private forums are no longer private.

:laugh: I think that my "mailperson" is a woman!

Lol Even Worse! :p

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Welcome chimney! I'm way down here in pine bluff... My mailman knows to leave my packages and r--u--n! I'm not fond of him on a good day, much less when I have packages coming. lol

Thanks, Nighthawk, for the welcome. I've only been in NW Arkansas for about 3 1/2 years and I have no idea where Pine Bluff is. I have driven/ridden down to Texarkana 2 or 3 times, but other than Ft. Smith and Texarkana, I don't remember the names of any of the towns/cities are.:oops: BTW, I got my first "pkg." in the mail today--samples from the Vapor Room. I keep waiting for something to "knock my socks off", but everything seems to taste the same. Maybe the key is to letting them mellow out for flavor or my getting my sense of taste and smell back. (and ordering higher mg. the next time)

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
the vapor room is a good company, but I know a lot of their juices are still in development as I have taste tested for them before. I would suggest their english toffee & apple pie. VaporRenu's Swedish Fish is a totally mind-blowing vape-- IF you like candy. Their prices are very low and juices are high quality too. juices do need to sit and steep for a while, which is super annoying. Never toss a juice until you've let it sit for a month at least. And then if you still don't like it, you can use the pay it forward group here and pass it on to someone that wants it and get something else to try!
Pine Bluff is about an hour south and a bit east of Little Rock. I've been here about 6 years now. it's not a nice place to live is about the kindest thing I can say about it.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
:laugh: I've felt that way about places where I've lived. (San Francisco being one of them. 'nuff said.) Fish is one of my least favorite foods in the world!! I don't know that I could ever order something with the name "fish" (from ANY country) in it! After I posted what I did, I found that the next bottle was the most interesting so far---chocolate hazelnut. And I AM planning to let the bottles sit. As soon as I have something to replace them with long enough to let them sit. :laugh: If the chocolate hazelnut improves with age, it will easily become my favorite vape so far.

OH!
I just read again. I thought that you were from SW Arkansas! I have never been SE of Little Rock.

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
chimney, keep in mind that it will also take some time for your taste buds to regenerate, and until then almost nothing will taste the way it should. Many, many people on the forums started with one or two juices and now prefer something completely different. As I told another new vaper, for the first month or two everything but the mints and cinnamons tasted like wallpaper paste to me. :p :)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
chimney, keep in mind that it will also take some time for your taste buds to regenerate, and until then almost nothing will taste the way it should. Many, many people on the forums started with one or two juices and now prefer something completely different. As I told another new vaper, for the first month or two everything but the mints and cinnamons tasted like wallpaper paste to me. :p :)

Yeah, I know that my taste buds are "fried" for the time being. I'm not going to give it up. Mint taste good, but I was surprised that the hot cinnamon candy tasted like the Ry4 AND the pumpkin spice. I might go back to the mint until my taste buds wake up and the juices have time to steep. (I'm not even going to open the Orange Cream for a couple of days.)

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I first got the swedish fish in a PIF extra from the inventor of the flavor... one vape and that was that! whewhooo! A very happy accident! Swedish Fish is a soft gummy candy that's been around for a long time. Super sweet candy fruity flavor. all the things I love. :) No one goes to Pine Bluff if they can help it. Are you changing out attys or the cartriage filler inbetween juices? That can make flavors carry over if you don't. I usually don't do that for every juice, but i try to keep flavor families similar. such as blueberry followed by raspberry... instead of something like toothpaste followed by orange juice. lol You've got a great plan, stick with it! I always -needed- to smoke, but I LOVE to vape and I'm never going back! Just wait till you can smell things again!

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
After your post, I wiki'd swedish fish. I recognized them, but I had never eaten any of them. (I told you that fish weren't one of my favorite things? I couldn't imagine even as a child that anything shaped like a fish could taste good! :laugh:) I'm making "my way". The juices have slightly different flavors today. The Ry4 has more of a tobacco taste. That's why I'm vaping it right now---to remember that I don't even like the taste of tobacco! LOL! Thanks for the heads up on swedish fish. It actually sounds good. I'll have to remember that on the next payday. BTW, there was another flavor from Vapor Room that stood out after a while. Peanut Butter cookie. I could really see myself enjoying that one! I'll have to get another bottle (with higher nicotine) when I get paid.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I'd never eaten any either before I vaped it! I don't like fish anything! lol well, till now. Now I love to eat & vape swedish fish at the same time. the vape is better, imo. I might have to try the PB cookie, I love the real thing, so hopefully the flavor is similar. So many flavors to try, vendors to explore.... it's lovely. :)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I'd never eaten any either before I vaped it! I don't like fish anything! lol well, till now. Now I love to eat & vape swedish fish at the same time. the vape is better, imo. I might have to try the PB cookie, I love the real thing, so hopefully the flavor is similar. So many flavors to try, vendors to explore.... it's lovely. :)

Yeah, today I got a surprise and a disappointment. My ego battery arrived and I thought that I had ordered empty cartos to go with it. Turns out that I got the prefilled. I wanted to try the PB cookie all by itself without having to drip every couple of minutes. Now, I have to wait until payday until I can afford more cartos. :(

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Yeah, today I got a surprise and a disappointment. My ego battery arrived and I thought that I had ordered empty cartos to go with it. Turns out that I got the prefilled. I wanted to try the PB cookie all by itself without having to drip every couple of minutes. Now, I have to wait until payday until I can afford more cartos. :(

Actually, you can either wash the prefilled juice out of the cart filler, pick up some polyfil, since that's what the filler is, or hunt around the forum for the different type of filler mods. I know one of the things some of them use is a blue foam found in fish tank supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread