Is Ebay eliminating ecig sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Pouncival

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Indianapolis, IN, USA
I received an email from a seller on Ebay that I purchased from who stated Ebay has eliminated all their items for sale. I looked at a couple of other Ebay stores that have the word Vapor in the store name and all their vaping supplies have been removed. I'm not sure if this is limited to Ebay stores since individual sellers still have ecig related items for sale. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Last edited:

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
It's strange, I have got a few of the those emails too. Yet, all the gear is still available, tens of thousands of listings. Seriously, like it would not be tough to get rid of them if they actually were going to do it.

I am beginning to think it is vendors trying to get you to buy direct and save themselves the eBay vig, and there is no ban.

A member here posted a link that was supposed to show where ecigs were not allowed in "the rules" but it only stated tobacco products are not allowed.

MsShona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
McKeesport, PA, USA
www.rishona.net
I just purchased a Snoop Dogg G Pen on eBay last week. It was a 'Buy Now Item' and the seller wasn't a vape shop (they sold a variety of products, including clothing). eBay canceled the sale. Fortunately I used PayPal to pay, so the seller had my email address and we just finished the sale peer-to-peer. The seller was pretty frustrated. But I'm pretty sure they didn't put that disclaimer blurb that a lot of the sellers add about the product no including tobacco.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Same thing happened to me a while back. I had won a mvp and wanted to sell it. Put it up in eBay and sold within minutes. It was a buy it now thing. Next thing I know eBay sent me an email saying they removed the item. I had the ladies address and mailed it off to her. I assume she got it cause the PayPal was not questioned. I got my money. I just hope she got her item.
MsShona:14896137 said:
I just purchased a Snoop Dogg G Pen on eBay last week. It was a 'Buy Now Item' and the seller wasn't a vape shop (they sold a variety of products, including clothing). eBay canceled the sale. Fortunately I used PayPal to pay, so the seller had my email address and we just finished the sale peer-to-peer. The seller was pretty frustrated. But I'm pretty sure they didn't put that disclaimer blurb that a lot of the sellers add about the product no including tobacco.

MsShona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
McKeesport, PA, USA
www.rishona.net
Same thing happened to me a while back. I had won a mvp and wanted to sell it. Put it up in eBay and sold within minutes. It was a buy it now thing. Next thing I know eBay sent me an email saying they removed the item. I had the ladies address and mailed it off to her. I assume she got it cause the PayPal was not questioned. I got my money. I just hope she got her item.

I got mine ok. eBay doesn't control the mail, so she probably got it. Silly for them though...because they just lost out on the revenue on your sale!

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Ebay has for many years now been trying to teach us right from wrong. Haven't you been listening?

MsShona, you really should have ordered a snoopy dog pen. Ebay generally doesn't have a problem with Peanuts characters or most pet supplies yet, and you likely would have received your order without difficulty.

ETA: Glad you two got your transactions done!

Last edited:

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Some sellers get caught up in Ebays hypocrisy, most do not. Its all about key words, disclaimers, flying low and avoiding the ebay radar. For the most part they will leave you alone if you are selling a simple consumer electronic appliance, but if you use any of the key words or phrases that suggest you know it is for ecig or nicotine consuption, you`ll get caught by the ebay gestapo.

The most scandalous entity on ebay is ebay itself. Back in 2008 I watched them drive their own stock down so they could re buy it at a cheaper price then they had previously sold (unloaded) it at. Then Meg ran for office.

Most successful ebay sellers also have their own online retail site, to help balance this out and give them a secondary income should ebay get on their case.

Ebay requires the kind of waders that come right up to your neck, and a full understanding of rules that are subject to change at their whimsy, :?(
I would love to suggest government over site would change things, but that`s where they got all the scandalous ideas from, so its a "get it while you can and tread lightly" situation.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
What's ebay sreason for this nonsense? Is it a legal issue for them or are they anti nicotine freaks? Or what it doesn't make sense and every time I go to use eBay I think twice now cuz I'm am not a fan if their regulations like on vape gear

They are self righteous ANTZ.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Googled Ebay Policies:

Tobacco policy

Not allowed
Any item containing tobacco and intended for consumption
Blunts or cigar wraps
Chewing tobacco
Cigarettes (including flavored cigarettes)
Cigars
Cuban cigars (see our embargoed goods and prohibited countries policy)
Dipping tobacco
Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and components
Herbal cigarettes or herbal tobacco (sometimes called nicotine-free cigarettes or tobacco-free cigarettes)
Hookah or Shisha molasses that contains tobacco
Including photos of cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco items when selling cigar bands, collectible packaging, or other accessories
Loose leaf tobacco
Nicotine inhalers or nasal sprays (see our medical drugs and devices policy)
Pipe tobacco
Smokeless tobacco

Reason:
Why does eBay have this policy?
Because selling tobacco is highly regulated, most tobacco items can't be sold on eBay. Be sure to follow all applicable laws, regulations, and our policies.

Yet they have this stated:
Our tobacco policy only applies to items sold on the U.S. eBay website (eBay.com). Our international websites may have different rules, so be sure to check each country's website to see what's allowed. Be sure to also follow our international trading policy.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Some sellers get caught up in Ebays hypocrisy, most do not. Its all about key words, disclaimers, flying low and avoiding the ebay radar. For the most part they will leave you alone if you are selling a simple consumer electronic appliance, but if you use any of the key words or phrases that suggest you know it is for ecig or nicotine consuption, you`ll get caught by the ebay gestapo.

What a FANTASTIC post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread