Is it a problem that i had some small drops of tap water in my e-liquid mixing bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDJKing

Sep 14, 2019
I mixed my first e-liquid. Before i mixed the e-liquid I washed out the new mixing bottle with tap water. After that i just shaked of the most of the water ,but some realy small drops of tap water has left in the bottle. I readed this comment about that.
"I do know NEVER NEVER use tap water only distilled. I hear people can get brain eating infections using the netty pot for their sinuses"
But i already mixed my e-liquid so i can use it or i have to drop it in the trash?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
No worries. I've had tapwater traces on tanks after rinsing them out, bottles when mixing, all the rest. Sure, if I were mixing up 100 ml of juice and wanted to add 10 ml of water to straight VG to help decrease viscosity I'd try to use distilled water, but what you're talking about is hardly worth mentioning. IMO.

Wait around a while and someone will be by to tell you their second cousin's best friend's ex girlfriend once mixed with drops of water in the bottle and her acne got worse. Honest, something like that always ends up in these threads. Just ignore them. You're perfectly safe.

You don't happen to live in Flint MI with all the lead in the water, right?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The problem with netti pots is generally with ones that aren’t cleaned. Netti pots also use warm not boiling liquid.

Tap water is sub optimal because it’s not quite pure water. It has things like fluoride and rust particles if your pipes are steel in it. Generally though the water shouldn’t have anything alive in it, and even then the liquid has to be vaporized by the coil which is generally a few hundred Fahrenheit at the very least

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It actually works quite well. During the worst time of my son's allergies, I had about 15 of them, my PCP said, "Oh, I think we have some!" and returned with I think ALL of them.

The only problem with Neti pots is that they work-- if you use them right, and you use them consistently. My experience with Neti pots is that after every time I used one, I would think to myself "I am never doing that again."

Yes, you need them clean, yes they work, yes salt water is the best (careful not too much salt) and well, don't really bother trying to get an 8 year old to do it. I have 14 unopened neti pots somewhere unless the husband tossed them which probably happened at some point.
Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It really depends on the quality of your tap water. Do you drink it? Where I live, I filter tap water because it has chlorine in it (but that also means no germs) My water is also very hard (minerals) so I would never use it to dilute juices (bad for coil) A few drops doesn't matter at all. I miss the water where I lived in the mountains! Super clean, super soft (had it tested... the guy said he couldn't believe any tap water was that soft)
One last thing worth mentioning... water pipes. Steel will have some iron in the water. Doesn't really hurt you anyway, but copper pipes can be an issue (especially with soft water) First thing in the morning, when water has set in the pipes all night, it can have copper in it... that is bad! Run a gallon out before using any. hard water tends to coat the pipes with minerals, so not so much of an issue. Steel pipes leave orange/red stains... copper leaves green stains (like in your sink)

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Make me wonder how I ever survived this long.
This is a problem for anyone who reaches adulthood. There were numerous times I should have died as a child. The good news is no one lives forever! Eventually something is bound to catch up with you and you won’t have to worry about it anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread