Is it just me or....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Vaping is a more accurate and appropriate word to use.

There is no smoke or burning of dry plant material involved. E-cigarette devices use a vaporizor or atomizer to vaporize liquid into a vapor or mist.

Continue to use the words vape and vaping, you'll get used to it quickly and feel more comfortable with the term over time.

Last edited:

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I didn't like the terms in the beginning, but do now. These words are currently the best options to express the act of inhaling vapor without the negative connotations associated with the word smoking.

Everyone has their own opinions on the subject though, so if you happen to come across another word that fits just as well, please feel free to share it ... who knows, it may just take off!

BigDaddyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Greenville, SC
I actually don't have a problem with the terms vape or vaping. It gets the thought process away from smoke and smoking. Smoking has become a "dirty" term. Most of us that are trying or have sucessfully gotten away from analog smoking want to distance ourselves from the negativity that the non smoking population has towards smoking. When I get asked if I smoke I say no, I vape now instead. If the person is knowlegeable about it I usually get some compliment for having quit smoking or I get asked how well it's working for me. From someone that is not knowledgeable, it usually leads into a discussion about what it is, and how it is different from smoking cigarettes and thereby that person becomes a more informed individual on the practice of vaping, how it's nowhere near as dangerous as smoking, and hopefully becomes fairly tolerant of vaping over smoking.

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
I prefer vape to e-ANYTHING... I really don't like the e-XXX terminology. It sounds like a knockoff of i-Xxx which I also dislike.

Sort of grooving on the 'cloud' thing, but that is also used by the 'blunt' crowd.

There is a slang evolving, and it will continue to. New words can't really be forced, or agreed upon.. like all language, it will evolve. People will use terms that other people like, and they will just spread and stick. The fact that we are using ecig, vape and so forth are proof that they are the 'agreed' upon vernacular.

So, I'm gonna suck on my personal electronic nicotine inhalant system, or, P.E.N.I.S. for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread