• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is nicotine addiction a 'smoke' screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Yorkshire, England
camvip.webs.com
I used to smoke a lot and I enjoyed smoking a lot.

I stopped smoking and started vaping. I vaped a lot - I became crazy for a month, still vaping a lot. I felt like a caged Tiger being released back into the wild - I vaped a lot.

I have just been on holiday and have been ill for the full week. I did not vape a lot, maybe only a tiny bit. I feel normal!!! :confused:

I have not had any withdrawal from nicotine at all :confused:

Are we addicted to nicotine or the other chemicals?

I am now a vaper who does not feel addicted to nicotine, even though I am stll going to use it :evil:

Rusty

Last edited:

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com

I stopped smoking and started vaping. I vaped a lot - I became crazy for a month, still vaping a lot. I felt like a caged Tiger being released back into the wild - I vaped a lot.

I have just been on holiday and have been ill for the full week. I did not vape a lot, maybe only a tiny bit. I feel normal!!! :confused:

I am now a vaper who does not feel addicted to nicotine, even though I am stll going to use it :evil:

Rusty

Sometimes I 'forget' Im addicted to nicotine .. at least I think I am. It doesn't seem to matter how much I cut my liquid either for some reason although at times I'm continually vaping.
I think you're right tho'..there are probably other chemicals we're addicted to in tobacco but just not with as strong an addiction that nicotine has. I changed seamlessly to vaping without any kind of withdrawal, now I think I'm more addicted to the flavours than anything.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
I always said that I thought I was more adicted to the action of smoking than the nicotine, but of course, whilst analogues were the only option, there was no way to prove that statement.

I made the switch to vaping effortlessly (accidental analogue quitter here) and now, when I am purely in a flavour mood, I will happily vape no nic for a few days without getting at all 'twitchy'.

However, I do also like the throat hit, so I do go back and vape liquid with nicotine - usually 18-24mg.

If they could come up with a 0mg nic with a throat hit, I don't think I'd bother with nicotine at all..... 8-o

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
(big snip) I will happily vape no nic for a few days without getting at all 'twitchy'.

Yep, I'm on holiday and can happily have a day/days with no nic. When I'm working, I expect to take the nic to help me work to the max. Does it make an actual difference? Dunno.
A lot of it is in the mind, and in the gestures for sure.
Best,

:)

C.

I always said that I thought I was more adicted to the action of smoking than the nicotine, but of course, whilst analogues were the only option, there was no way to prove that statement.

I made the switch to vaping effortlessly (accidental analogue quitter here) and now, when I am purely in a flavour mood, I will happily vape no nic for a few days without getting at all 'twitchy'.

However, I do also like the throat hit, so I do go back and vape liquid with nicotine - usually 18-24mg.

If they could come up with a 0mg nic with a throat hit, I don't think I'd bother with nicotine at all..... 8-o

Try physically hitting your throat as you vape :pop:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA

Rusty

A long-standing question. A couple weeks ago I cut my 24mg/ml juice to 18mg/ml. Nothing. No frenzy, stocked up on more juice, thinking this was not going to go well....nothing happened. I don't get it either. That's a significant, 25% drop.
I still maintain that nicotine is the catalyst for becoming addicted to what ever substance it was mixed with. I feel even more this is true. I still feel as if there's somebody somewhere who knew the truth but was killed before he could publish! How does nicotine link to neurons. Now it's the PG,VG,flavorings we are really addicted to? Hesitate mixing nicotine with bird poop or something to try my theory. Not that brave, really. :confused: I too was one of those people who stopped a 44 year heavy smoking habit with my first PV, on day one. If this is right, we could all count to 3, throw everything away, close this Forum, and live happily ever after. Naaah! Would be lonesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread