Is super glue ok near a batt???

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
so my new lava tube is only a few days old, and the plastic battery cap poped off of the metal screw part.

It's only held in there by two plastic posts, and looks like it was glued at the factory.

So I applied some super glue and it's back on there, good as new.

Question is, should I be worried about anything if the battery blows? Like, would the super glue heat up and produce toxic vapors or anything.

Please don't laugh if this is the dumbest question you've read. I'm just new to these huge batteries and I want to be careful.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Not a problem, it's dry and at the other end of the mod plus I wouldn't think you used much at all. As mad said if that should happen you've got bigger problems than a drop of dried superglue. I would have used Epoxy though just because it bonds metal to plastic better, if it comes loose again try that, should hold better.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
Thanks everyone. I know I have bigger problems if the bat goes bad, but I've never expierenced that before. So I didn't know if the fumes were even noticable, and if they would react with the super glue.

guess I'll just go with it for now, and if it happens again, I'll use expoxy. that just seemed like a messier solution at the time.

thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread