Is the FDA going to ban the use of e-cigs and liquid-if we already have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazdrowie009

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
I sure as hell hope it doesn't end up being where we have to pick it up from a pharmacy. Can you imagine them putting a tax on it. They government is so greedy. look how much there already making on cigarettes. Raised to $8.00 a pack. Come on..... I'm paying $500.00 a month on one prescription, without insurance. If the government gets involved with this and taxes it, it will be horrible. Imagine paying 60-$80 on a 5 pack of cartridges(since they say a 5-pack is equal to a carton of cigs) with how we smoke it would be 60-$80 bucks a day. Now I know this is a overexaggeration but I think it gets my point across that the government needs to stay out of it. E-cigs are a device we use for fun. It shouldn't be classified as a prescription drug. But now it is, and I won't say whose mostly to blame for it. *cough cough*smoking everywhere
It should have never been advertised as a quitting smoking aid without the proper scientific proof, and now these greedy mainstream companies have already made their money, got us hooked on it and now were here to suffer because of their actions.
It makes me sick
sorry had to vent

Dude, the feds aren't going to come take your 15 atomizers and 20 bottles o juice from you. What you do in your own home is your choice. If it becomes illegal to sell, import and posses these items, well I just wouldn't be doing it in public.

I don't smoke pot, hate it, and it's illegal. Always has been. Do you know how many people DO in the privacy of their own homes?

LOL

I just found out that e-cigarettes have been outlawed in the Australian State of Queensland completely.

Demiurge

Mar 27, 2009
Rochester NY
I don't understand why. Is there really that much of a difference that you can justify breaking the law by trekking across state lines to get a version of something you already have, except that it pollutes the water supply and poisons the environment?

It's not that I don't think government resistance is valuable, it's just that I don't understand the manner in which you choose to do it, your approach seems malicious.

"As part of its implementation of the Electronic Waste Recycling Act, DTSC has tested certain types of electronic devices to determine which would be hazardous waste when discarded; only video display devices that DTSC determines "are presumed to be, when discarded, a hazardous waste" are potentially covered by the act. Currently these devices include:

• cathode ray tube (CRT) devices (including televisions and computer monitors;
  • LCD desktop monitors;
  • laptop computers with LCD displays;
  • LCD televisions;
  • plasma televisions;
  • portable DVD players with LCD screens (added December 31, 2006)"

“The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity”

-Andre Gide

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I wouldn't surprised if the importing of e-liquid is banned due to questionable manufacturing (China) AND current USA companies that already manufacture nicotine delivery type products (Patches, gum etc) rush to take advantage of the HUGE money making opportunity the e-cig market has.

I don't know but this may be a blessing in disguise. If all imports are banned because they are not FDA Approved, but yet an American company takes the e-liquid concept and gets it approved, we just may be able to pick e-juices at our local pharmarcy store the same way we pick up nicotine gum, patches and other items.

Yeah, and for probably 5 times the price and they'll probably make the higher strengths cost more even though they don't so we can't buy higher strengths and cut to save money.

SnarkyClark

Mar 13, 2009
I sure as hell hope it doesn't end up being where we have to pick it up from a pharmacy...

Not to mention that the large majority of us without health insurance would not be able to e-smoke anymore, since we would not have a prescription. And if a prescrip is needed, then it WILL be illegal to possess nic juice without one. :(

Savantster

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Fond du Lac, WI
I don't smoke pot, hate it, and it's illegal. Always has been. Do you know how many people DO in the privacy of their own homes?

Wrong, it was first made illegal in 1937 (or there about). Before that, it was legal in the U.S.

The war on drugs (including nicotine) is about puritanical forces trying to force their views/ideals/religion on the masses. It flies in the face of logic and reason, and continues despite the obvious harm [prohibition] causes.

Savantster

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Fond du Lac, WI
I just went last week over to Idaho to buy my dishwasher detergent. They banned it because of the phosphates so now they only sell crappy non-phosphate containing detergent that doesn't do anything.

Another alternative is to rinse your dishes after you finish using them, then you won't need corrosive and poisonous chemicals to eat that dried food off your plate.

It's been my experience that 75% of our problems in this society could be fixed if people werent' so damned lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread