Is the Kr808d-1 going away??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
I doubt it. I know I am very new and know nothing about e-cigarettes. But I do know that the last of the US Baby Boom is about to celebrate its Golden Jubilee.

And I know that the KR808d-1 involves screwing one cylinder onto another and puffing.

Now the numerical system that is the best fit for my mathematical abilities is "1, 2, Many."

There are many popular other kinds that involve many parts, but even the much touted "2nd Generation" KR808d-1s, as far as I can tell, still only have 2.

Sooo, if I were in the e-cigarette business, and I wanted to get my hooks into a really big market, I'd probably go with Door Number "only 2 parts," Bob!

I think that because so many of the people who post here have come to have such an interest in the science of it all, and enjoy all the tinkering and fiddling, that it's easy to forget that for every one of those happy fiddlers and tinkerers and avid buyers of every new many-parted thing that comes down the pike, there are thousands of aging and aged folks plugged into the wall and happily puffing away on our (only 2 part) KR808d-1 electric hookah-doodles!

For many of us, all we want is to phase out tobacco cigarettes. I mean, that's really all we want.

We don't understand all the electric stuff about OMG its got wattles, and we don't really care about the new many-parted devices that are shaped like a saxophone and come with matching ears and feet.

If we get into anything remotely resembling a hobby, it will involve making our KR808d-1s more attractive using nail art stickers and old bindis, of which, being old, we have shoeboxes full.

One thing that the industry could do is give us a better selection of the wireless ones with jewels on the end, and I hope they will pay more attention to this important feature.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
I wasn't vaping at the time so I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect that if there is a decline in some sites/vendors advertising "808" items it may be due to the 808's early history. From everything I've heard early models of 808 cartomizers weren't very good and the batteries were no better than anything else in that size/format.

Since then the threading hasn't changed but there appear to have been tremendous improvements in both the cartos and the batteries. I suspect that it's possible some manufacturers and vendors have been shying away from the early-808 "stigma" by way of branding - V4L, Bloog Maxx Fusion, Smokeless Image Volt, and so on.

It's just a way of getting the improved stuff out there without having to overcome perceptions of the early designs.

Search the ECF for a bit and you'll find lots of references to 808-style components and vendors who carry them.

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
The old cartos werent worse than the old attys... ok less vapor but still better th than the attys..

I was amased when i got my first kr8 and wrote a long over exited review on it, on the liberty flights forum. Thats when i found out i was in the wrong place, cus people there are all about the riva or mods...

It has taken a long time to get the new tech kr8 to Europe. So glad we have a vendor for it now, hope they keep it.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Right now i use liberty-flights.co.uk for cartos, cus they are the only one, who has the original Kangers. Not the old types, but orig horisontal ones. They, by far, have the best TH. But thyve told me its kr8 no more, when they run out... So for everything but juice, ill be using Jacvapour. They have the batts, cartos and pcc's, even the xl pcc..

Juice will still be LF, cus its the only place you can buy in bulk.

rons29445

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by UntamedRose

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
John, was that reply for me?

Its great if someone keeps kangers version,( ya i get it.. subtle:p) but i want to avoid buying from US if i can. It takes forever to get here, and the lowest shipping ive found is nhaler and thats $15! It can get here fast with fedex but then i get slapped with a $60 custom fee for a purchase of $100... seriously...so annoing..

LF has dropped the kr8 because they say not enough poeple buy it.. I tried to get them to fathem thats because people havent tried the new stuff, or theyve tried the cartos, but on an ego or some &%#!, but they wont listen. They state boge cartos to be the best of the bunch.. Ha, what a laugh... And claim not to care about size, just performance...
But thats the thing.. these out perform their rivas and egos any day..... IMO... so i just dont get it... Seems americans are more concerned with keeping it ciglike than europeans.. Bummer for me..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread