Is there a way to vape on a budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkady9091

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I'm relatively new to vaping (less than 3 months) and I'm trying to find the most economically friendly way to do it due to a limited budget. So far I've found a couple of 900mah Ego Twists, Vision Vivi Novas (full size and mini), became a DIY juice mixer, and learned how to re-wick my coils on the novas, all on the cheap side. My main question is about dripping, I want to get into this but I'm reluctant to spend 6-10 dollars on a 510 atomizer and 2-5 dollars on a drip tip and then maybe not like it. Also I'm interested in getting a carto/tank setup. Does anyone have any advice on where to find these items at an affordable price. Unfortunately finding a local shop is not an option, the only ones within 100 miles of me that I know of are also "head shops" and everything is way over priced. The only one in my area that isn't I had an argument with one of the managers because she called me an idiot for mixing my own juice and tried to lecture me about how unsafe that was.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Mixing is safe, just put the nicotine away from pets and children, can even wear gloves when handling it.

Best advice if you're on a budget : Go to a vape meet, try for free everyone's gear !

I will not recommend a 510 atomizer, used to be fine 3 years ago but now there's new things on the market, check out the RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer) with a cotton or silica wick, those are great. My favorite is the Phoenix XL. The IGO-L is pretty popular too.

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
I would have called her an idiot for not giving me enough credit to know that I won't be safe if I jump into diy uninformed. Then I'd tell her she's an idiot for being such a ..... that she lost a potentially wonderful customer. My local store sells diy supplies.... Go figure. Not that I'd ever pay their prices. Lol

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Dude, if you can re-wick vivi nova coils, you can build a dripping atomizer. You should just get a rebuildable dripping atomizer. It isn't much different than re-wicking nova coils. I'm assuming you already have the silica and kanthal, as long as you have a meter of some sort, there is no reason to buy a pre-made atty. This is all assuming by re-wicking, you are actually building coils yourself and not just buying pre-made coils and screwing them on.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Anything you buy (within reason) HAS to be cheaper than cigarettes. I smoked at LEAST a pack a day ($5+ per) so I could have just about any atty or carto or tank or mod, etc. I wanted anytime I wanted....and still be ahead of the game. As it is, I use rebuildable attys and DIY my own juice.....I can vape for under $10/month. That's two days (almost, not quite) worth of cigarettes.

arkady9091

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
In the past 3 months I've spent right around 125-150 dollars, which considering I was a pack a day smoker and my brand was $5 a day I've saved about 300 bucks, and yes I have the kanthal and wicking material, although after experimenting, I like cotton better because it wicks better. The lady behind the counter was basically telling me that I was probably buying some stuff that was mixed in the basement of someones house right next to their .... lab. One of the main reasons I wanted to drip is because I like to try a lot of different flavors, and it gets annoying cleaning out a wick and tank every night so I can have a new flavor at work the next day lol.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I check vaporjoes.com for deals. He posts deals everyday & you're bound to find something you can use there. Someone else mentioned the Igo-l earlier. I just bought one today from rtdvapor. It was 12.99. And you said you already have wick & wire. I'm sure you could get them cheaper from FT but I'm too impatient to wait for gear to ship from china. Plus I checked a bunch of other sites & that's as great price considering some places were charging almost 20. Valley View Vapes also has great tanks at a good price. I think he's open now but processing times are long because the owner is dealing with a health issue. Also...get your post count up & get verified so that you can buy on the classy's.

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
Best way to vape on a budget

save up for one really well built vv or vw device with a warenty or at least well built buy it. Ie : i taste provari or reo
save up for a nice rock solid mechanical and one well made rba and dripper then buy it ie : the natural gg paps ea roller legacy with richman rba or a zen or agi aga t and igo w igo l tridend exe. . .
get 2 or 3 cartos tanks or protanks whatever you like clearos or cartos

and that should be all you Will ever need
one mechanical one rba one driper
one vv rock solid mod and a couple tanks
cheap juice ie : mount baker vapor 50ml 11$

cost well the natural and the rsst combo 80$
I taste mvp 2 iclear 30s 65$
Igo w dedicated dripper 20$
50ml juice from mbv 11$
Total - 176$

ALL quality equipment that wont fail you for a long time and Will provided a great vape for underb 200$

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
You mentioned tanks. ValleyVapes sells a nice little tank for 7.99. I have used these tanks for a while and they are great. You can also get them from Vape dudes,both are trustworthy vendors. Valleyvapes also has a great price on Boge cartos,that you will need for the tank. I spend 46-50 per month on supplies,I spent 250. a month on cigs. I too just started DIY,so I hope to see my monthly vape bill go down. Good luck to you.:toast:

greasemonky89

May 29, 2013
Palmdale,CA
Im rebuilding my t3's and buying juices i can vape all day in large quanties when there is deals and not getting sucked in by everything that is so cool in this new life style.

So far i have spent 22 on 100 mls of juice and 11 on rebuild material im good for the month with that. I vape 1.7mls a day. I used to spend 250 on cigs a month lol loving the saving from having self control.

A wrench in one hand and my PV in the other.

Last edited:

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Since you already rebuild, the Igo others have recommended is a logical choice, and like Chimney said, VaperJoe. All juice gets mixed somewhere, and by DIYing it you know what conditions it was made under. I think at three months you have made some pretty incredible progress. Good luck in your search, just a heads up some of the cheaper tanks don't hold up well to certain juices, glass does hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread