Is this a good kit deal for two people to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
If you don't mind buying from china and can wait about a month on shipments fasttech sells some authentic but mostly knock offs for dirt cheap, no tax and no shipping/handling.
Please check out my blog for some links to cheap items...New Vapor Info And Starter Kits
Some things to keep in mind
Get a variable voltage as different juices taste different at different volts
Get metal or glass tanks so no worries over tank cracking juices
The higher the mAh the longer the battery life
Top coil tanks give warmer vapes
Bottom coil tanks give cooler vapes
Typically with juices higher pg levels give more throat hit but also tend to irritate people's throats more or are even allergic...start with 50/50 pg/vg juice then play with levels to find what suits you best
Depending on smoking habits start with a nic level between 18 to 24mg higher/lower as needed.

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Wow, thanks for the information and advice guys. I actually thought no-one had replied yet but it turned out I'd forgotten to subscribe to the thread, as the forum defaults to no notification on threads I start/post in (in common with most other forums I've joined but I still get caught out!). So it was a very pleasant surprise to see so many replies when I checked, what a great community you have here :)

It is a great forum. I don't think there's a topic in vaping somebody around here isn't expert in. Several somebodies.

So it seems the Ego-C isn't really recommended. I wasn't sure if it was more or less the same as the Ego, which I had seen a lot of recommends for, but I presume it's not if it has wicking problems, as I doubt the Ego would have ever been so popular if it had those.

Well, be careful of the naming conventions, they're a little... screwy. The batteries I use are often called "eGo-C" even though I'm using Kanger EVOD clearos with them. I see Vapoor posted a pic showing the whole "eGo" thing over this way: Vapoor eyes er.

And that's the important bit. The "eGo" style (or standard) is about the screw threads. An eGo-C kit uses a tank which very few people are impressed with (I've used them myself, didn't have much leakage but I wouldn't go back, my EVOD is much better). Still, the batteries have eGo threads so you can slap nearly any eGo or 510 widget you want on them.

So do watch for that "eGo" designation. It's widely supported and you've got a lot of options.

I might be able to scrape by with one battery as I'm at home a lot, so perhaps if desperate could use it whilst it's plugged into the charger (depends on whether it can work like that, using the input power if the battery is flat, or if the battery has to charge before it will work) and can obviously charge it overnight when I'm asleep but it does seem more sensible to have at least two batteries.

Two batteries are pretty much a "must". The only ones that work while plugged in are called "pass through". Good option if you're at a computer a lot. They charge while you're not using them, run off the USB power when used and plugged in, and you can unplug and they run off the battery while you're out and about. There are few things more frustrating than having your battery die and you don't have a back up handy. Trust me. :)

Now I dunno who in the UK/EU area would carry these but there are inexpensive little widgets that run just on USB power like this:

Variable voltage 510/eGo USB passthrough

I had one and used it until it fell over dead. eGo threaded so they fit any 510 or Kanger or whatever I have that works with my batteries. I bought a cheap little wall adapter from Amazon: AmazonBasics Wall Charger with USB Outlet (2.1 Amp Output) and could vape like a maniac watching TV or whatever in the living room while my batteries were charging.

Ah, here's the UK version: AmazonBasics-Wall-Charger-Outlet-Output. And I'm sure they're all over the place. Same thing you'd used to charge devices like Apple iPads. The important thing is the "amp" rating. Vape widgets pull some amperage so if you wanna run a little pass through, get something that can handle around 2 amp. Which is usually what iPad chargers (not iPhone nor iPod but iPad) are capable of.

So that's one way to go where you wouldn't have to use your batteries while at home. I gotta get another. I wore mine out. It lived in the living room for when I got off the computer (home office stuff here) and settled in to watch a show or two (like QI, love QI... don't ask me how I get it this side of the pond... I just do... it's... magic... Santa Claus does it).

It's not clear if the kit includes the drip tips but maybe they're built-in to the clearomizers?

Dripping and clearomizers are two different "worlds". You don't have to worry about that. The EVOD is "all in one" and really easy to use. It's just turn upside down, unscrew bottom, tilt slightly (so you don't get the juice down the middle air tube), squirt juice in, screw bottom back on, screw back on battery, vape.

I actually just refilled mine while typing the above sentence. Took all of something like twenty seconds or something trivial.

"Dripping" is preferred by some advanced vapers for the taste. It's something you can try later if you care to. The kit you're looking at is ready to go soon as it arrives. Even the batteries will be (okay, should be) shipped with a partial charge (something about lithium ion they have a better shelf life with a partial charge... I dunno, chemistry something or other).

Also, does anything show the battery level, as I think that would be quite useful, for my sister at least?

Not on those. There are batteries that do that. Have displays and other widgets. But they cost more. That's one reason you want to have backups. Have a fully charged one ready to go to back up the one you're using.

Which reminds me, the "bottleneck" potential if you're going to share is the kit will have only one charger. Two people, you'd want two chargers. The vendor Chrissie linked to has them. They're not too expensive. Then again, you're starting to talk about essentially buying two kits anyway. You may want to just "bite the bullet" and get two instead of trying to share.

Remember, if you stick with "eGo", you can mix-n-match a ton. If it turns out, oh, you like EVODs and your sister doesn't, she can give you her EVOD parts. You can swap around easily. I was just thinking, four batteries, two people, one charger... that could be a pain in the neck.

I'm slightly concerned that maybe the 650mah battteries in that kit will be inadequate, particularly as mkbilbo has said his brand new 1100mah ones only last him 6 hours (and it does make me question the honesty of Uniqbuy if they're lying about how long their batteries will run for!)

Uniqbuy is being... optimistic (being kind here :) ).

The rough rule is 100mA per hour. So a 650 should last about 6 hours. An 1100 should last around 11 hours. A light vaper may get a lot more time. A heavy vaper (like me) gets quite a bit less. It is on the dishonest side to advertise a high "run time" for a battery because it depends on the vaper. You won't know how long you get out of a battery until you settle in to your own personal vaping habits.

The EVOD kit company sells the clearomizers for £3.49 Evod Clearomizer SS - Clearomizers the heads for £1.75 Evod Coil Head 2.2 ohm - Accessories and 1000mah batteries for £9.99 Kanger Evod Battery 1000 mah SS - Batteries & Chargers

I think this £3.49 Ego charger is compatible (it says Ego charger in the starter kit description anyway) Fast Ego USB Charger - Batteries & Chargers so for two batteries, 1 charger, 2 clearomizers and 5 heads that would cost £39.20, which is £10 more than the starter kit and doesn't include a nice gift box (which doesn't matter as it will probably get discarded once the e-cigs are in use anyway) so it's just a question of whether it's worth it, or if I could get a kit with 1000mah batteries for less elsewhere. It just seems a bit daft to buy the kit and then find I need to spend another £19 getting two 1000mah batteries if the 650mah ones are inadequate.

Well, now you're getting an idea of what to get, browse around a bit. We have a list of vetted suppliers in Forum Suppliers. There's a number of UK vendors listed. And these are ones known to the forum and their customer service is monitored.

You could shop around and see what you think. But the kit Chrissie pointed to looks to be a good starting point. You might also just want to go ahead, jump in, get experience on how this all works for you, and get a better idea of what this vape thing is all about. Then you'll have a clearer idea of what to get. And then can really save money by shopping around. I spend very little these days. I went three months this year buying absolutely nothing. Compared to smoking, I'm saving an absolute truckload of money.

The "start up" can be sometimes a little steep but remember you're buying durable equipment. Unlike cigarettes that are meant to be destroyed by being burned up. I'm pretty hard on my batteries but didn't have to start replacing any for at least six months. I have a bunch of Vision clearos and all I've had to buy with them are some $3 coil heads when they burn out. And they last quite a while. Haven't measured it but it's some number of weeks or months. I'm not replacing them every day nor every week. And I don't do as much "maintenance" as some. I rinse 'em out once in a while. Probably could get longer use out of them if I did a little bit more but, come on, a $3 part? Meh. (In fact, the prices have dropped, one of my regular vendors just cut to $2.50 in packs of five).

But once I got oriented and knew what I was doing? My costs fell like a rock. My start up was as expensive as smoking. My routine costs run 90% less. Literally. I checked. I spend a tenth of what I was spending on smoking.

So while it may seem kind of pricey upfront, the long run savings can be huge. Yeah, some folks here turn it into a hobby and love buying all the new gadgets. And if they're having fun and it keeps them away from smoking, great. But if you're on a budget (like me, it's bad tight on the money front right now), you can vape on way less than cigs cost. Way less.

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
Thanks for the further advice and links.

I don't mind ordering from China but in the UK, we get hit with a £8 processing fee by Royal Mail (if I use a tracked service like DHL they only charge £1-2 but most vendors don't offer this option) and if the order value (including shipping) is over £15 we get hit by a 20% import tax as well, so often it's not cost effective. I'll look into it and e-bay though.

I thought it probably wasn't possible to use the charger to power the device whilst the battery was charging but interesting to know there are pass-through batteries. It would only be an emergency thing though and a bit awkward, so probably better just to ensure I have enough batteries :)

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
Two batteries are pretty much a "must". The only ones that work while plugged in are called "pass through". Good option if you're at a computer a lot. They charge while you're not using them, run off the USB power when used and plugged in, and you can unplug and they run off the battery while you're out and about. There are few things more frustrating than having your battery die and you don't have a back up handy. Trust me. :)

Yeah, I can imagine! I might look into getting a passthrough but I'll start with two normal batteries and see how I get on.

Now I dunno who in the UK/EU area would carry these but there are inexpensive little widgets that run just on USB power like this:

Variable voltage 510/eGo USB passthrough

I had one and used it until it fell over dead. eGo threaded so they fit any 510 or Kanger or whatever I have that works with my batteries. I bought a cheap little wall adapter from Amazon: AmazonBasics Wall Charger with USB Outlet (2.1 Amp Output) and could vape like a maniac watching TV or whatever in the living room while my batteries were charging.

Ah, here's the UK version: AmazonBasics-Wall-Charger-Outlet-Output. And I'm sure they're all over the place. Same thing you'd used to charge devices like Apple iPads. The important thing is the "amp" rating. Vape widgets pull some amperage so if you wanna run a little pass through, get something that can handle around 2 amp. Which is usually what iPad chargers (not iPhone nor iPod but iPad) are capable of.

Yeah, the problem is not so much the actual plug charger, it's the lead that goes from that to the battery, which I think (can't be sure from the pictures) has a nonstandard connection on the battery end, so I can't just use one of the plug charger and usb leads I've already got. The proper ego chargers only seem to be about £4 though so it's not really a problem.

So that's one way to go where you wouldn't have to use your batteries while at home. I gotta get another. I wore mine out. It lived in the living room for when I got off the computer (home office stuff here) and settled in to watch a show or two (like QI, love QI... don't ask me how I get it this side of the pond... I just do... it's... magic... Santa Claus does it).

Yeah QI is pretty great. Funny and I feel a little bit smarter after watching it (for a day or two at least until I forget everything!)

Not on those. There are batteries that do that. Have displays and other widgets. But they cost more. That's one reason you want to have backups. Have a fully charged one ready to go to back up the one you're using.

Yeah, I figured that might only be on the "premium" batteries. I guess I'll see if my sister can get on without any indicators/readout and if not, she can buy some batteries with those.

Which reminds me, the "bottleneck" potential if you're going to share is the kit will have only one charger. Two people, you'd want two chargers. The vendor Chrissie linked to has them. They're not too expensive. Then again, you're starting to talk about essentially buying two kits anyway. You may want to just "bite the bullet" and get two instead of trying to share.

Remember, if you stick with "eGo", you can mix-n-match a ton. If it turns out, oh, you like EVODs and your sister doesn't, she can give you her EVOD parts. You can swap around easily. I was just thinking, four batteries, two people, one charger... that could be a pain in the neck.

Yeah, I'd have to get an extra charger but that's not a problem. Splitting the kit would just be to let my sister try it to see if it suits her and will only cost £23.47 for two 1000mah batteries and a charger, rather than the kit for £28.99 which only comes with 650mah batteries anyway. If she doesn't like it, I'll have the batteries, in addition to the two 650mah ones and a spare charger, which is always useful and I'd probably use the 1100mah ones and keep the 650mah ones as emergency spares. I'll look at the various forums that people have linked to though to see if I can get a better deal.

But once I got oriented and knew what I was doing? My costs fell like a rock. My start up was as expensive as smoking. My routine costs run 90% less. Literally. I checked. I spend a tenth of what I was spending on smoking.

Yeah, that's one of my motivations. Money's tight and I'm wasting far too much of it on cigarettes. I really don't want to be a smoker but life's pretty stressful at the moment, so attempting to quit hasn't worked for me so far, so I'm hoping vaping will work as a substitute for me and if I ever feel ready, I can try and wean myself off the nicotine but in the meantime I'll be saving a ton of cash and I may just vape for life if I enjoy it :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Cool, thanks :toast:

You're welcome. Realize in buying an eGo style Kanger Battery Kit if wishing down the road to upgrade to an eGo style variable voltage the eGo charger and clearos would also work on them. Just know that in buying this type of kit you're not limited to inexpensively upgrading.
It is kinda expensive in the beginning but if buying quality brands the savings accumulate quite quickly. I've got all sorts of Mods, batteries, chargers, juice, clearos, cartos- enuff to last another 2+ yrs and my total cost is $800 over 27 months. Once you're comfortable with your gear there's other ways to economize quite easily.

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Yeah, that's one of my motivations. Money's tight and I'm wasting far too much of it on cigarettes. I really don't want to be a smoker but life's pretty stressful at the moment, so attempting to quit hasn't worked for me so far, so I'm hoping vaping will work as a substitute for me and if I ever feel ready, I can try and wean myself off the nicotine but in the meantime I'll be saving a ton of cash and I may just vape for life if I enjoy it :)

Well, as I said, do keep in mind that while the up front prices may look a bit steep, you're buying durable stuff that will last quite a while. I'm hard on my batteries (as I said, I'm a heavy vaper) and they've done fine for six months. Others get much longer use out of theirs. And they're not "dead". They just don't hold a charge as long and drive me up walls so I started gradually replacing them.

Clearomizers, taken care of, can last for a long time. The "coil heads" do eventually burn out since they're the little heaters heating up and cooling down over and over but they're quite cheap. Even whole EVODs aren't that pricey.

And when you get going, you could try your hand at DIY liquids. Basic stuff is really easy. Some folk enjoy doing complex recipes but I switched to save money. For example, Mount Baker (a popular company on this side of the pond) sells a blueberry juice for $5 for 15ml. I really like blueberry and it's one of my regular vapes. Well, their price (which is reasonable for premix) is about 33 cents per ml. Doing it myself, I'm coming it at 8 cents per ml. So that'd be like $1.20 for a 15ml bottle and there's no shipping costs.

I use around 7ml per day. Since I went to doing my own mixes, I brought my regular costs down to about 60 cents a day. $18 a month. £11 (about) per month if I got the conversion right. Which is dirt cheap compared to cigs. We're up to $6.50 or so a pack now (20 cigs in a pack and that's, what, £4 or so?). So my regular juice cost for a month runs around what it would cost to buy 3 packs of cigs. And I used to smoke 2 packs a day.

It's worth biting the bullet on the hardware and saving money on the liquids. You won't be replacing batteries and clearos and such all that often. Mostly it's new coil heads which are cheap and liquids (which can be really cheap).

Definitely don't go based on my experience with batteries. Again, I'm a heavy vaper. I was a heavy smoker and so it's no surprise I'm pulling hard on my batteries to get my nicotine "fix". The batteries are rated around 300 "charge cycles". So if you rotate batteries, charging each once a day, you could get a year's use before they start losing their ability to hold a good charge.

I "chain" vape a lot. I'm going to be moving up to an advanced device with more powerful batteries soon as I can scrape the money together. Your experience may be completely different.

I may just vape for life if I enjoy it

I can tell ya this. I liked smoking. Even with the expense and the stink and the fire risk and what it was doing to my health. I liked it to the day I stopped. I still miss it sometimes in a vague, nostalgic kind of way (but less and less over time).

When I went to check out that new little shop here, I discovered a new juice. "Fire and Ice". Oh. My. Dog. It's so good. Cigs are... regular and menthol. And that's it. No new flavors. No blueberry. They seem so boring now. Every month I put behind me, the more boring and uninteresting cigs seem.

I may get that vague, "miss it" feeling sometimes but, honestly, I've gotten over some hill and I just can't imagine going back...

• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

doveman

Dec 20, 2013
London
And when you get going, you could try your hand at DIY liquids. Basic stuff is really easy. Some folk enjoy doing complex recipes but I switched to save money. For example, Mount Baker (a popular company on this side of the pond) sells a blueberry juice for $5 for 15ml. I really like blueberry and it's one of my regular vapes. Well, their price (which is reasonable for premix) is about 33 cents per ml. Doing it myself, I'm coming it at 8 cents per ml. So that'd be like $1.20 for a 15ml bottle and there's no shipping costs.

DIY liquids definitely sounds interesting, if only for the money-saving, so I'll look into that some more once I get going.

I use around 7ml per day. Since I went to doing my own mixes, I brought my regular costs down to about 60 cents a day. $18 a month. £11 (about) per month if I got the conversion right. Which is dirt cheap compared to cigs. We're up to $6.50 or so a pack now (20 cigs in a pack and that's, what, £4 or so?). So my regular juice cost for a month runs around what it would cost to buy 3 packs of cigs. And I used to smoke 2 packs a day.

Cigs are more expensive here, I'm paying about £4.40 for 10 Marlboro lights, although there are cheaper brands. What strength/quantity of liquid would be good for a 10/day smoker?

I can tell ya this. I liked smoking. Even with the expense and the stink and the fire risk and what it was doing to my health. I liked it to the day I stopped. I still miss it sometimes in a vague, nostalgic kind of way (but less and less over time).

When I went to check out that new little shop here, I discovered a new juice. "Fire and Ice". Oh. My. Dog. It's so good. Cigs are... regular and menthol. And that's it. No new flavors. No blueberry. They seem so boring now. Every month I put behind me, the more boring and uninteresting cigs seem.

I may get that vague, "miss it" feeling sometimes but, honestly, I've gotten over some hill and I just can't imagine going back...

I've not really liked smoking for quite a while now, it's more a comfort/familiarity/routine thing than actually enjoying the taste/smell, so that will probably make it a bit easier for me to swap it for vaping. Damn, I want some of that "Fire and Ice" to try now ;) I think I'll enjoy blueberry, cinnamon and vanilla flavours though.

I've had a look on ebay and there's this Kangar EVOD double kit, still only 650mah batteries though, for £26.99 which is a bit cheaper than myepack's £28.99 and comes with 1.6ml EVOD cartomizers, compared to their 1.5ml ones, although it's probably not enough difference to care about. Kanger genuine EVOD BCC Starter Set TOP QUALITY KIT shisha vape ego kit | eBay

Uniqbuy actually have a 1100mah double EVOD kit for £29.99, although it's unbranded so it might be better to stick with Kangar kits
Supreme UniqBuy eVod 1100mah Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit

There's a very cheap double kit for £18.99 but the listing feels a bit dodgy/unprofessional to me so I'll ignore that one but maybe someone braver might want to take a chance on it! 2 x BLACK Ego EVOD Electronic ego kits inc 2 x 1100mAh Rechargeable vapour pipe | eBay

The cheapest I found a single 1100mah EVOD battery, EVOD mt3 cartomizer and charger was £10.99 Stainless Steel Ego T 1100mAh Evod MT3 Kit - NEXT DAY DISPATCH - Eshisha | eBay

I'd have to get another battery but I found a variable 1100mah one with extra charger for £10.99 eGo-T VV 1100 mAh Adjustable Voltage Battery Stick Pen E-Shisha in Bright Purple | eBay

or LCD non-variable for £8.99 Shisha eGo LCD Pen Battery | eBay

or plain non-variable, non-LCD for £7.99 EVOD Battery 1100mAh eGo Kanger Clearomizer 510 MT3, CE5, CE4, DCT | eBay

With 5 heads and a 2nd EVOD clearomizer costing about £10, I'd have a double 1100mah (one variable) kit with two chargers for £32 (£29 without variable battery) as opposed to £26.99-£29.99 for a ready-made double 650mah kit with a single charger, so it seems like the way to go although I'd appreciate any comments on the above items/vendors before I order anything.

Ideally I'd like variable LCD batteries but I didn't see many of those and the ones I'd did seemed vastly overpriced and the variable voltage is more important than the LCD at the end of the day.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com

Ah, the manufacturer was being... let's call it "optimistic". :)

By the way, while a common, often used "rule of thumb" is one hour "average" use (whatever that is) per 100mAh, it's highly variable depending on use. You might want to soften the statement even more. Many vendors don't even name a number. Customers might take the number as a promise of some kind?

It's hard to say really. Because, say, take my set up. The batteries run at around 3.7v (average for the most common lithium batteries in consumer products). My wicks are around 2.4 ohm so the little Ohm's law calc says when I push the button, I'm firing at about 1542mA. Done continuously (which vaping isn't), that would drain the battery in about 43 minutes.

But the upshot being there's about (in a new battery, fully charged, working optimally), roughly 43 minutes of use total.

The question becomes how the specific user scatters that total across their day. A "puff" is seconds long (and limited by the control chips to a 10 second max). But a light vaper may do, oh, picking numbers here, 3 second puffs here and there while a heavy vaper may be taking 6 second puffs frequently. The former can see a charge last maybe more than twice the second. Even with identical batteries, identical set ups, and everything working perfectly.

It's like how I don't like the telephone (I much prefer either in person or email). My cell phone charges last a loooong time. Talkative folk using the same phone? Not so much. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
DIY liquids definitely sounds interesting, if only for the money-saving, so I'll look into that some more once I get going.

Yah, don't try tackling too many things all at once. That'll be frustrating. But doing basic mixes is pretty easy and you can save a lot. Keep it in mind for later.

Cigs are more expensive here, I'm paying about £4.40 for 10 Marlboro lights, although there are cheaper brands.

Huh. £4.40 at least today is about $7.23 but that's for 10? So that's... $14.46 a pack (a pack in the US, at least, having 20)?

Um... yikes!

Though I hear a few of our states are getting close. Yup, just checked, it's up to $14.50 in New York state. About half that here ($7.25 for pack of 20).

What strength/quantity of liquid would be good for a 10/day smoker?

That's hard to say. It's so individual (and biological and what not) that I don't know anybody's been able to pin down an... equivalence? I was a heavy smoker (2 packs a day so 40 cigs a day) and went low on the nicotine level in my vape. I stay around the 6mg/ml to 12mg/ml range. I've seen others who smoked like myself or even lighter smokers who went higher.

What works is so highly individual, nobody can tell you ahead of time. I would only say that the 12mg level is a moderate, "middle ground" kind of area.

My main advice is do not load up on juices right away. Buy small bottles. Don't buy a lot all at once. You're going to have a period where you're finding what works for you and nobody can tell you what nic level or exact mixes and certainly not flavors that will be. I over bought at the start and have tons of liquids I may never use sitting in a cabinet.

Now that I know what I like and what works for me, I buy in bulk. The immediate temptation with vaping is buy every interesting juice in sight. :) Try to resist. "Sample" and get small amounts of things at first.

Heh, or you could end up like me. I'm making myself vape some of the juices I didn't hate but didn't fall in love with because I'm irritated at having spent all that money and, right now, I'm kinda broke. So I'm vaping a lotta "blah" right now but ain't got nobody to blame but me. :D

I've not really liked smoking for quite a while now, it's more a comfort/familiarity/routine thing than actually enjoying the taste/smell, so that will probably make it a bit easier for me to swap it for vaping. Damn, I want some of that "Fire and Ice" to try now ;) I think I'll enjoy blueberry, cinnamon and vanilla flavours though.

I've had a look on ebay and there's this Kangar EVOD double kit, still only 650mah batteries though, for £26.99 which is a bit cheaper than myepack's £28.99 and comes with 1.6ml EVOD cartomizers, compared to their 1.5ml ones, although it's probably not enough difference to care about. Kanger genuine EVOD BCC Starter Set TOP QUALITY KIT shisha vape ego kit | eBay

Uniqbuy actually have a 1100mah double EVOD kit for £29.99, although it's unbranded so it might be better to stick with Kangar kits
Supreme UniqBuy eVod 1100mah Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit

Actually, a good vendor is more important than "branding" in my opinion. Yeah, Kanger is a good company and I'm increasingly liking the EVOD and am switching to them from my Visions (over time, not all at once because, well, checking account's empty :) ). But, myself, I'll take a good vendor over a "brand".

My current batteries are unbranded. We have a new, local shop run by vapers. I dropped by, talked a while, "felt them out" as it were. Nice shop. Nice people. Know vaping. There's something to be said for having somebody to run to when things go wrong (and things do go wrong, that's just life, stuff happens).

Doesn't have to be local, can be online. I've bought from small shops listed in the Forum Suppliers section here and had great experiences. I bought a few batteries from a small shop from the Forum Supplier list, had one arrive dead and the vendor sent me the replacement with a post paid return envelope for the dead one. We tried diagnosing the silly thing in an email exchange, got nowhere, and they just swapped it. And, mind you, it wasn't "send me the bad one then I'll..." it was "I've sent you a new one with a prepaid return for the dead one".

I just don't know the vendors over there so I can't say anything intelligent about any of them. So I'm gonna bow out on commenting too much on specifics on the ones you posted. Except to say that a "genuine" on eBay may or may not be "genuine". An "unbranded" from a good vendor, somebody who'll back their product, is better.

Anyway. Looks like you're over the 5 post minimum. You should have (presently if not already) access to most of the rest of the ECF now. Might want to ask over at the UK forum about good vendors (they'd certainly know more than I about the lay of the land on your side of the pond :) ).

UK Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread