Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The only time vaping is "good" for health is when it is used as a substitute for smoking which is far more damaging to your health, hence the label of "harm reduction" to vaping.

I'd say it's arguable that if someone is going to choose between vaping OR smoking the wisest choice would be neither and the second best choice would be vaping but that is MY personal opinion, not everyone feels that way and that non smokers should not vape period.

But it is in no way "good exercise for the lungs," "The vape is fortifying to the lungs," "PG is anti microbial" or any such nonsense like that.

The long term risks are also relatively unknown, although over the short term it's been fairly well demonstrated that vaping is better for smokers overall than vaping is.

Anna

lomichos

Moved On
Oct 26, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
There is a lot of legal and financial pressure to deny people or organizations to say that vaping is reasonably healthy, so no academic or legal organization will do so. And, for these reasons, vaping is getting a tremendous amount of scrutiny.

People will only say that vaping is a better alternative than smoking. That comes across as embedded fear from propaganda.

There are so many things in this world that are just not very healthy; be it mentally, emotionally, and/or physically that don't get the same scrutiny. Vaping is under unethical scrutiny. I have yet to find a reason that vaping is bad for me in the way that I vape. The idea that it has to be evaluated first is not a reason.

I am very grateful for vaping and my family and doctors have agreed based upon my previous health and wellbeing.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No one knows the answer to that yet, technically. I mean, we would have to have the results of a longitudinal study of never-smoker highly dedicated vapers and that just is not happening yet (or ever.)

Theoretically, vaping is a lot less damaging than smoking, but I don't know if I'd call it "good for you" in the sense that I'd prescribe to as a treatment to a small child with leukemia, at least at this point in time. I mean, thinking reasonably, inhaling what is in vape is probably not the best thing ever you could do for your health.

If you are a former smoker, and it stops you from smoking, I'd say vaping is most emphatically "good for you." But in other applications, it is somewhat murky.

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I agree. I have wondered how a longitudinal study might be structured to account for the effects of long term tobacco use. I smoked forty-nine years and I would enter any study with a mouth, trachea, cardio-vascular system and lungs compromised to an undocumented extent by the use of combustible tobacco.

No one knows the answer to that yet, technically. I mean, we would have to have the results of a longitudinal study of never-smoker highly dedicated vapers and that just is not happening yet (or ever.)

Theoretically, vaping is a lot less damaging than smoking, but I don't know if I'd call it "good for you" in the sense that I'd prescribe to as a treatment to a small child with leukemia, at least at this point in time. I mean, thinking reasonably, inhaling what is in vape is probably not the best thing ever you could do for your health.

If you are a former smoker, and it stops you from smoking, I'd say vaping is most emphatically "good for you." But in other applications, it is somewhat murky.

Anna

dthor68

Dec 30, 2018
Greer, SC
My wife and daughter both vape. My daughter vapes in her car with windows up and there is always an oily film on her windows. My wife vapes in her car with her window down a couple of inches, she never has that oily film on her windows? That oily film is all that is concerning to me. If the oil is food grade, like vegetable, than I guess you could look at long term cooks and chefs for similar results?

I do know that nicotine will raise blood pressure, which could cause a stroke or heart attack to anyone who may have heart disease. In the future they may find vaping to cause some issues. I just can not see it being more dangerous than smoking, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread