Is Vaping safe For You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
As far as I know the oily residue from VG isn't bad for you-- I mean, it's getting expelled onto the windows. I think there is a long complicated explanation of why it's Just Fine but I can't remember it.

Also your wife is no healthier leaving her windows open (the oily residue blows out of the car) than your kid is for leaving her windows UP (unless we are talking motor vehicle accidents). I tend to leave my windows up, and get the oily residue and sometimes it's a bit MUCH and then I have to clean my windows with Dawn followed by window cleaner which AGAIN there is a long, complicated explanation for, that I am like, unsure of why that works but it does. Etc.

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
When it comes to window washing, the water and rags that I use come out with a far different color now that I vape. This is not a health comment because I have no idea, re: good, bad or indifferent, but I prefer clear to brown.

I also prefer to have a one to two inch open crack when I drive; some how seeing the vape leave the old Tacoma rather than being re-breathed by the old lungs seems a good thing. Good, bad, indifferent - I have no idea but I do it.

As far as I know the oily residue from VG isn't bad for you-- I mean, it's getting expelled onto the windows. I think there is a long complicated explanation of why it's Just Fine but I can't remember it.

Also your wife is no healthier leaving her windows open (the oily residue blows out of the car) than your kid is for leaving her windows UP (unless we are talking motor vehicle accidents). I tend to leave my windows up, and get the oily residue and sometimes it's a bit MUCH and then I have to clean my windows with Dawn followed by window cleaner which AGAIN there is a long, complicated explanation for, that I am like, unsure of why that works but it does. Etc.

Anna

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hello Everyone!

Please suggest me ... Vaping is good or bad for health?

I went from a 98 pound weakling to a robust and cut 185 pound, 6' tall amazing example of American Manhood .. the before and after pics were truly outstanding .. my Doctor says I have extended my Lifetime by at least 80 years, so I should still me around approaching the next Century Mark .. as well, I now hold the Guinness Book of World Records on blowing up the most Balloons in a 3 minute timeframe ..

I've qualified for my first "American Ninja Warrior" attempt, and will be the oldest, by far, contestant they have ever had .. and the Ladies, oh, don't even get me started ..

I could go on, but, hey, you get the picture ..

• Winner
Reactions: B2L

Version-Vapor-Vaper

Dec 15, 2015
A lot of people are gonna have a differing opinion. It’s definitely not “good for you”. Any expert who claims that ingesting a substance via lungs is good is just lying.

It’s definitely not as bad as smoking from my viewpoint. I still don’t quite understand why we have to put propylene glycol in our body. That pulls the organic carpet right out from under us.

I saw a YouTube video where this doctor was saying not to use propylene glycol in sunscreen because “the body doesn’t know how to process it and it gets trapped under your skin”. I highly doubt this is the case either or I have several gallons of pg in my lungs. Recently I purchased a quart of pg for juice making. Sometimes I use it to thin and sometimes I use water. The difference is hardly noticeable.

Reactions: stols001

toughdiamond

May 12, 2009
I do know that nicotine will raise blood pressure, which could cause a stroke or heart attack to anyone who may have heart disease. In the future they may find vaping to cause some issues. I just can not see it being more dangerous than smoking, ever.
A lot of sources categorically say that nicotine raises blood pressure, but there is some doubt. Some studies suggest it doesn't. I also tested my own blood pressure using 2 good meters before and after vaping deliberately large doses of nicotine, and found no significant change. Nonetheless, I'd advise any vaper concerned about their blood pressure to take the risk seriously at least until they've reliably tested it out for themselves. It's still likely to be less of a risk to blood pressure than tobacco smoking of course.

I think one logical approach to minimising any other potential ill effects of vaping (for nicotine addicts) is to use a high nicotine concentration so that the user doesn't need to inhale so much of the additives to get whatever nicotine dose their addiction demands (as well as helping the equipment to last longer :) ). That may require some self-discipline though, as in my experience nicotine has a nasty habit of getting the user to increase the rate of consumption over time, so the wrong person could end up consuming more nicotine and becoming more strongly addicted. And I wouldn't say that nicotine has no other harmful effects apart from blood pressure. OTOH it's known that smoking can delay the onset of Alzheimer's and it's a mild antidepressant, so maybe vaping can do the same thing.

All in all, I'd not recommend vaping to anybody except as an alternative to using tobacco, but then I guess it's pretty rare for real people to avoid all pleasurable things that are known to be riskier than vaping is so far considered to be, so I wouldn't be over-concerned either. Just my 2 cents.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
IMO the short answer is to do your own homework... it is after all your personal health and safety, and that of those close around you. There are endless resources on line to find out what the current professional takes are on every aspect of vaping (including about essential oils and the different ways you administer them) to form your pwn opinion from and decide from there whether the risks are worth the rewards to you. Be aware that even the professionals don't always agree though, further clouding the path. Even so you and those close deserve the most accurate information available. Anything short of that is just trusting the opinions of vapers who far more of have not than have done their own homework. IOW, the inaccuracy of the story carousels from my youth comes to mind.

I've spent almost six years doing my own homework on vaping and my DIY. From that I made my own informed decisions on what I will and will not do myself. And as new pertinent information comes to light from professionals I reassess those decisions and modify them if needed. To me that is the way a prudent person should approach vaping same as most of us should have done before we started using tobacco products but didn't. My excuse for that failure was the very young age I started smoking when tobacco and alcohol advertising was rampant in all venues... printed materials, movie theaters, B&W TV, billboards, etc, so they were just as believable as anything else hawked in those venues. YMMV

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread