• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Isaias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Really hope those of "Us' living in Florida and those north of "Us" on the east coast have already prep and are getting ready for "Isaias" . . . Never know what really will happen, especially if it moves west . . . As of 11 AM . . .

data=uU86nidXQ85E5c6jXW_9BMByTrOHGxl3vpcreMXlNa1cTdaIsv6_nlEB68buaUpjVysNFiODK98tYZjNiUuCjUmU_Qi5SGUjXZCEXzGTgFVoLkjffiFL9ABAUeRwIKg5chn_ioxaBV6hmqt6z-X50zM6Z2hJeGApupYTbnYKPH9yJ4DSw34_NfoIwp7TM6qNAbHuu4gdeY_ZK3e0SCKxhYHCuTkz7l39iyl7-EPxRbCmVryIsqDW

Thankfully - I already have, I started prepping for this Hurricane season before Covid-19 . . . :blink:

BTW: Remember to check-in and lets "Us" know how Ya' doin' . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Right, the official forecast has it weakening to a TS by the time it gets to 30°N, and that's with it staying out over the Atlantic the whole time.

However, there are models that have it making landfall in SE FL, tracking north up the peninsula, and then heading back out into the ocean somewhere between Daytona and Jacksonville. There should be a newer version of this by now, but I'm not finding it:

6wPwkKt.png

If it spends much time over land, it should weaken substantially, but then we'll be on the bad side, or even right under it as it heads back out to sea.

We'll decide whether we're staying or going after we see the 8:00 am forecast. If I was inland, I would't worry a whole lot about this one, but being right by the ocean, it's kinda dicey...

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Fast movin little trucker. If it tracks Windy's profile it'll zippedy-do-da right by us here just N of Brwd and doubt we'll see sustained much higher than 30mph. Less we get a waterspout or two as we did the last go round in the neighborhood.

Good luck all and be safe. :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just got back from a walk on the beach. It's dead calm out there.

So wish I had a beach view . . . Matter of fact, any other view outside "My" apartment windows then the parking lot and a tree or the other tenants apartment doors . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Jeez @Uncle I haven't been to the beach in months on account of all the lockups, lockdowns and crazy rules in this beach penitentiary I call home. Last time out I was accosted by a gaggle of Canadians just for breathin downwind. What good is the view if you can't drink, vape or talk loud enough to be heard.

Sometimes I wonder if a good blow might just be mother nature's answer.

Good luck. :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well - So far this morning I'm still here. . . :img:

AND - It's Hot & Humid outside (well that man is in Tampa today so that might explain it too). . . Isaias is still blowing by our East coast and on it's way North . . . They say it is going to be between a Topical Storm Watch to Warning for the Fort lauderdale/Broward County into Palm Beach county area sometime starting at 4PM - 8PM . . . So it seems it is going to be sporadic topical winds and heavy rain passing through all evening/night right now - but doesn't mean it won't change . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

upload_2020-8-1_10-28-34.jpeg

BTW: It's not like there are enough Hurricane Updates all over the news around here . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I haven't been to the beach in months on account of all the lockups, lockdowns and crazy rules in this beach penitentiary I call home. Last time out I was accosted by a gaggle of Canadians just for breathin downwind.
Stories like that make me glad we're further north where things are less hectic. We've been out walking on the beach virtually every day since Flagler County re-opened them in mid April. Nobody accosts anyone on our beaches.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Latest from weather.com:
Isaias is struggling mightily against the twin nemeses of dry air and wind shear, the change in wind speed and/or direction with height, despite plentiful warm water in its path.
That sounds like code for: "We think it will weaken, but don't want to make that call as a forecast just yet".

At 75-80 mph winds, it's barely a hurricane in any case.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Bingo! 5:00pm forecast has it as a tropical storm from Cape Canaveral northward.

4a4YqHi.png

However, @Uncle and @MacTechVpr might wanna make sure their hatches are thoroughly battened down.

Yep all buttoned up here and seein' pretty much what Windy rep's. So far some light to moderate rain 16SW (blowin offshore). We've had much worse from Gulf side waves in recent weeks. Don't like the choppy surf from inshore winds. Dunno what that does for your beaches up there Ross but it keeps tides lower usually.

Good luck all. :)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
However, @Uncle and @MacTechVpr might wanna make sure their hatches are thoroughly battened down.

Well, i can only speak for myself . . . Other then being caught in a downpour earlier today, I' ve been battened down and even ready if it was going to become a hurricane for a couple of days . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread