Issues with color-changing LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
I mentioned this before in another thread thinking I fried the "fast" color-changing ability of the bulb on my first 3.7v boxmod, but the 3.7v boxmod I'm building now is having the same issue...the color-change is really slow, several seconds per color.

I know I have it hooked up right, but just to be sure I looked at the 3..7v boxmod walkthrough on your forum, specifically this photo...

http://www.madvapemods.com/download/file.php?id=93&sid=b5a6525722c1354541527c82cde029be&mode=view

I even have the ground connected in the same place as that photo, rather than directly to the connector.

So am I doing something wrong, or has this just been two faulty LEDs in a row? I also got a 5v boxmod kit in from you guys today, so I'll see if the bulb for that does the same thing.

Edit: Third one does it too, changes color slowly. On the two complete boxmods I ordered for family members, the colors change fast. All are set up the same.

Last edited:

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I am using two box mods with color changing LEDs. The slow changing one goes from red to green, in about 5 seconds.

The fast chaging one goes from blue to red every second an a half or so. They definitely sell both. I think I was able to specify LED choice when I ordered, in the comments section.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
It sounds like you got the slow changing LED. I've used them in several mods as well as the fast ones. It changes colors every 4 seconds or so. I just timed one to be sure. The fast changing LED takes less than a second to change. It changes colors 9 times, goes into a hyper mode for about 8 seconds then restarts the cycle.

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
The slow-changing isn't a huge deal for me, I'm actually not too much of a fan of the fast-change because it makes the mod look tacky imho. I just wish the changing was a hair quicker, on a full battery I never see green...when I do start seeing green I know I have to swap batts soon. I never see blue, unless I hold the button without an atty/carto installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread