Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
It's just a thought, but have you tried hitting tab before the first ctl L?

It might be that somehow your hitting post reply isn't backing you all the way out of the message boxes.

Just a thought anywAy..
When I remember to, yeah. Or I can click outside of the message box to free it up too. But it still seems weird that 1) it doesn't back out of the box after I post a message, and 2) why doesn't it work from inside the message box, anyway?

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I am sorry i do not like this change. You either like a post or you don't. what happened to simplicity? Rating a post on so many levels is just silly if you ask me...it's mind boggling. Seriously you either like a post or you don't why add a billion different options to the plate. Doesn't it come down to if you like it or not? how much more complicated can we make this. When i log in i am not going to go to each post to see what my rating is, and i am betting nobody else is either...nor is anyone going to pay attention to whether it was rated this or that. Just shakes head, isn't our work life during the week complicated enough as it is, and then we come here on the weekend and it's even more complicated. What ever happened to a simple like, and if nothing is presented then it's just neutral or no comment. It's pretty self explanatory. Seriously shakes head...this is no improvement, it's just finding a way to make the forum seem more???.......................what?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am sorry i do not like this change. You either like a post or you don't.
No one is forced to use any of the other choices. If you wish, you can just ignore the other choices and either like a post or not. :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
When I remember to, yeah. Or I can click outside of the message box to free it up too. But it still seems weird that 1) it doesn't back out of the box after I post a message, and 2) why doesn't it work from inside the message box, anyway?

I agree with you that it is strange plus, its unique to this forum. The whole thing.. when using controls, even on my computer is exactly the same.

I DO wonder why. It doesn't do that on other forums (or shall I say, it doesn't do that on deviantart)

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I am sorry i do not like this change. You either like a post or you don't. what happened to simplicity? Rating a post on so many levels is just silly if you ask me...it's mind boggling. Seriously you either like a post or you don't why add a billion different options to the plate. Doesn't it come down to if you like it or not? how much more complicated can we make this. When i log in i am not going to go to each post to see what my rating is, and i am betting nobody else is either...nor is anyone going to pay attention to whether it was rated this or that. Just shakes head, isn't our work life during the week complicated enough as it is, and then we come here on the weekend and it's even more complicated. What ever happened to a simple like, and if nothing is presented then it's just neutral or no comment. It's pretty self explanatory. Seriously shakes head...this is no improvement, it's just finding a way to make the forum seem more???.......................what?

Some members have been asking for more so Oliver obliged...change can be fun if you let it :)
Last night I really didn't care for the looks of things much, but as the day has gone by I realized that it really is fresher looking.
I am old, I don't like change much...but I do realize that sometimes a change can be a good thing - and this reminds of of just that.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I'm using the Dark theme now and it seems ok. The like button is back and I probably won't use all the other choices, but I'm ok with anybody that wants to be optimistic or artistic. There are so many things that actually are important that I just can't seem to get worked up over the changes here.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I was looking in my profile and others and people's likes totals are in this odd green color that is so hard so see. I have to take my phone close to my face to read the number. I haven't seen any other people mention this but does anyone agree this should not have been changed to this hard to see green? (sorry now it's ratings received).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I was looking in my profile and others and people's likes totals are in this odd green color that is so hard so see. I have to take my phone close to my face to read the number. I haven't seen any other people mention this but does anyone agree this should not have been changed to this hard to see green? (sorry now it's ratings received).
I'm using Dark and it shows up well. I use Dark on my phone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread