iTaste MVP warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrOckW

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Colorado
I haven't seen this reported yet, but I have found something weird about the MVP.

If you run the puff counter up through 999 and loop over to 0 again it hits a cleaning cycle. I haven't seen this since an old stick battery. Burned a few heads on my Vivi Nova to figure it out.

If you are unfamiliar with the cleaning cycle it means the device fires your atty/carto for a few seconds more than a puff to "burn off the juice". This has left a burning taste on my Nova heads. No big deal, just a quick clean, but what a weird thing for a modern device.

Maybe everyone knows about this... I sure didn't. Still enjoy the device. Takes a lot of the work away from my other devices.

frolob

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
www.bullseyevapor.com
Unbelievable! I have been trying to narrow down the 999 loop on my itaste vv2 tank. I suspected it was at 999, but could never catch it.
It seems to me that it does a full 10 sec timeout burn, leaving me frantically yanking the carto off, in order to avoid burning the wick.
The easy way to avoid this is(obviously) by turning the unit off, then on(every so often), resetting the puff counter.
If they come out with a variable watt version, they had better fix this!

malcop

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Birmingham
I haven't seen this reported yet, but I have found something weird about the MVP.

If you run the puff counter up through 999 and loop over to 0 again it hits a cleaning cycle. I haven't seen this since an old stick battery. Burned a few heads on my Vivi Nova to figure it out.

If you are unfamiliar with the cleaning cycle it means the device fires your atty/carto for a few seconds more than a puff to "burn off the juice". This has left a burning taste on my Nova heads. No big deal, just a quick clean, but what a weird thing for a modern device.

Maybe everyone knows about this... I sure didn't. Still enjoy the device. Takes a lot of the work away from my other devices.
That is very strange I reported the very same problem to my vendor UK E-Cig Store Electronic Cigarettes they said they would report it to Innokin, this was about 3 weeks ago, I have had the MVP about 7 weeks now, in the first couple of weeks this happened to me a few times, and I could not figure out what was going on, then I managed to pinpoint the problem, but the problem was it did not happen every time the count went from 9999 to 0, so it was hard to prove, when it did happen the power stayed on and only went off when I took the atty off the MVP.

I will be back in touch with the vendor today to chase up if they had any progress and also to tell them I am not the only one that this problem has happened to.

The problem has not happened over the past few weeks now, so still find it a bit strange.

The MVP is still my main goto device, and dose the job fine.

Thanks

malcop

Last edited:

DrOckW

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Colorado
I have repeated the test several times, the only time I get it is at 999 to 0. Strange that it varies.

I think its weird to see a function as stupid and possibly damaging to attys/cartos as a cleaning cycle though.

On mine I can avoid it with the turn off the device and reset the counter though. So not a deal breaker. I still enjoy this device a lot!

Last edited:

fphilbeck

Feb 12, 2010
Concord
I've had the same thing happen. At first I thought it was some sort of short or that the clearomizer was screwed on too tight making constant contact or something. Just thought my on button was sticking. It's happened three times. I'm going to check and see what happens when I get the puff counter to 999. I yanked my clearomizer too, scared the battery would blow....

With one particular tank it happens every time I fire.. So I cannot use this mvp with certain cartos it seems.
Brand new tank carto. Doesn't actually fire the carto just the power button stays on till I unscrew.
I had a similar issue with two of the clearos that came with MVP. The green light would stay on for 5 seconds (no blinking/flashing) when pressed, but would not fire. One clearo was brand new, the other after a day of use.
Not sure what the light indicates.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the information! I will keep that in mind when I get mine! It should be here tomorrow!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If it happens every time with a certain top end, the MVP is seeing that one as defective.

I thought the 999 roll over was common knowledge, as it's been there since V1, and we're on V2 now. Mine will do it every time from 999 to 0, but it's really a non-issue. I use the puff counter as a rough counter for when to recharge and reset the counter after or when I charge, so it never comes up.

They might get rid of it on the coming V3...

The missing manual, such as it is, was linked here on ECF some time back.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Lol i was so pumped to hit 999, then took 1 more...This thing has been going crazy for a day even after i reset the puff counter during the times it would work. I thought it was toast. I left it on with no head to let it fire all day and see if it would drain at all, came home to it firing on its own...Then a few hours later turned it off and on a few times, watched it for a while and it wasnt firing. Now im using it again. :blink:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Strange. Mine fires for about 10 seconds, then turns itself off. I turn it on, it's fine.

Try to see it this way - you're the lucky MVP owner with the light show?

It could take a looooong time to run it down just flashing the lights. With no topper, there's close to zero load on the battery...

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
I just bought a mvp from Vapeapaloza for fifty buck, always wanted one but never owned a mass produced mod. I vape hh357s 2 ohm. I know a long dry fire on that at 5 volts would destroy the taste and i would have to have hanna's rebuild it. I would be ......, thanks for the heads up. At least the counter resets with a power off on. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread