The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Innokin iTaste MVP in the House

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by RPadTV, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fourthrok

fourthrok Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    So, I recently found out I am to receive a small windfall, financially (quite small...but at this point even that is a blessing). To "celebrate" I was thinking about getting the MVP. I like the box type mod form factor and the voltage range offered with unit is well in acceptable range for my vaping style. I'll miss the ohm checker...but it's not essential for me. I do like that there is some sort of battery level display. Of course, the long battery life is a big plus. Soooo....haven't seen much chatter about the MVP here lately. Anyone who has had theirs a bit have any more input? Are you still liking it? Using it? Anyone know if VaporBeast's versions have the new eGo threading? Any quirks or tips I should know about other than those posted in this thread? Anything that might be causing issues after longer term use?

I do not use clearos or drip atties, or RBAs. I do use carto tanks and EMSCCs. Any input before I decide is appreciated!

2. Atlexus

Atlexus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Norcross, GA
    I still use mine! It's great, very solid build. Sometimes I feel it hits better than my more expensive devices. I use carto tanks too they go together just fine. my only gripeis the easy to miss firing button. It's so flush that when I'm driving I find myself turning it I've and over feeling for the darn thing lol. But overall it's a great device with great battery. I've been hearing about a version 2 though so you might want to keep an eye open for that.

-Atlexus

3. fourthrok

Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    Thanks Atlexus! I've heard there might be a version 2, also. Anyone have any idea at all when that might be? It was first being talked about in early November..and here it is nearly Feburary. Maybe after the Chinese holidays are over...do you think?

4. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you read back, you'll see that V2 is a rumor that Innokin has officially denied. It looks like they are doing minor tweaks, as necessary, rather than do a complete overhaul.

Electronicstix.com had a lot of info about the fact that the weak spot was that it was easy to separate the charging port from the guts if you pulled the charger off too hard (I am very gentle with mine as a result.) He says the ones he has now have improved ports so there's another tweak Innokin did.

I agree the button can be a little frustrating. I regularly turn mine off by accident (resetting the puff counter), but it's not bad. My only real problem is the weight (duh. It's a big battery.) It makes it a "leave at my desk" APV rather than one I carry around. But I'm a pedestrian so carrying heavy stuff is more of a problem for me than it is for car people.

5. Junglegeorge

Junglegeorge Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2011
    Sweden
    Still very satisfied with mine :)

6. taofishdude

taofishdude Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    Clackamas, Oregon
    After a couple months I still like mine. My battery life questions I had earlier seemed to be related to the voltage I operate at and how I vape. The one quirk I have noticed is every so often when I fire it the thing will continue to fire after I take my finger off the button until the auto cutoff kicks in. The button is not sticking and it only happens rarely. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue.

7. Junglegeorge

Junglegeorge Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2011
    Sweden
  8. taofishdude

taofishdude Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    Clackamas, Oregon
    Nice. That clears it up. I'll keep my eye out next time I approach 1000 puffs :)

9. moya

moya Full Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Berkeley, CA
    Remember to be gentle when charging! My first unit wouldn't receive a charge, because, I now suspect, I inserted the cable too forcefully and damaged the USB port.

Despite that little issue, I'm still content with the unit. Functional and durable.

10. fourthrok

Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    Okay..thank you everyone! I'm leaning more and more to getting the MVP. I do love my VVG and V8...but, well, they are plastic. And I know at some point something is going to happen and something is going to break. Might not be for awhile (I'm very gentle and careful with all my PVs...even the solid metal mechanicals) but it WILL happen. Eventually. I don't like that the batteries are not removable in the MVP ...but hopefully things will be okay for at least a year. I hope. And the battery charge life seems to be very good from all reports I've seen. The metal body is desirable. The charging capabilities appeal (hoping I can charge my Kindle with it). Now I just have to work up the nerve to hit the ADD TO CART button. Hopefully next Friday. Fingers are crossed. Any more comments, tips, or warnings...please post them and let me know.

11. Poeia

Keep an eye on .........blogspot.com He does find good deals on them fairly often.

12. fourthrok

Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    Thanks Peoia! I have another question:
    Anyone have the silver version of the MVP? Does it mark up easily? Fingerprints, scratches, etc.?? I know the chrome gets marked up on the bottom from PBusarso's review. I'm okay with that. But I was wondering about the main body surface. If I'm going to end up constantly wiping marks off or worrying about scratches and dings. I have a gunmetal telescope, and while I love the look..that thing gets grubby looking FAST with fingerprints.

13. Scott_Simpson

Scott_Simpson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've got the silver MVP, and while I don't treat it rough, the finish seems very durable. It doesn't show fingerprints any more than a brush-finish stainless steel body would (which is, not much at all), and the texture of the surface is quite soft in the hand and smooth like a satin ProVari ... in fact, of the mods I have, I'd most compare the MVP's finish to the ProVari. The top and bottom caps of the MVP are shiny chrome, and they are fingerprint magnets like all chrome-y surfaces, but a quick buff with a towel and they gleam like new ... besides, your fingers don't normally touch the top (at least the way I hold my MVP ...)

14. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    The black one has a matte finish, so you don't have to worry about fingerprints, scratches, etc. on the main body. The chrome parts attract fingerprints easily. I haven't scratched it up in the months I've had it, but I'm pretty careful with my gear so YMMV.

15. Luther

Luther Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Winston-Salem, N.C.
    I have the blue version which to me, is a bluish grey. It really looks nice. As far as fingerprints, they are not an issue at all. I have other mods that need wiping down but not this one. It is probably one of the best deals out there at the moment. It is a very sturdy, solid unit. I have no complaints about the MVP at all. I don't think you could go wrong with it.

16. lynch

lynch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Lynchburg,Va
    Is the computer the only way to charge the battery in the MVP ? Thanks.

17. malcop

malcop Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2011
    Birmingham
    No you can charge it from the mains with a USB adapter, the sort you get with most phone's etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

18. Poeia

I never plug my e-cigs (including passthroughs) into a computer. If there's a malfunction, I'd rather not kill my computer.

A lot of surge protectors these days have USB ports on them. I wanted a portable surge protector so I got this (overpriced) one that I use for my MVP.

If it's strong enough, you can even use the little adapters that eGo chargers plug into.
    [​IMG]

19. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Plugging ecigs into computer does not sound like a safe idea.

20. lynch

lynch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2011
    Lynchburg,Va
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.