Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
http://.........blogspot.com/ finds good prices fairly regularly.

I wasn't interested in the cartos so I bought the body, cord and cover at Health Cabin. innokin is obviously controlling the price when even HC is charging basically the same thing but the co-op spends enough that we get 20% off plus a 5% coupon.

dertbv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
Virginia
Just wanted to swing in and give some thumbs up for the MVP.

I bought my MVP in a coop a while back. It's primary purpose was a backup unit and the charging ability for my cell.
I used it the first two days and put it away and forgot about it. Yesterday i was using my vamo and got the low ohms message. It was reading 1.1 and would not fire. Poped it on my MVP and it fired. I had a second atomizer that was reading 9.9 telling me that i had poped it. Figure what the hell and dropped it on the mvp and the dam thing fired. put it back on the vamo and read 9.9 again. thinking the vamu was giving me a bad reading tried another device that told me the atomizer is blown. put that sucker back on the MVP and dam if it is not firing it.

Bottom line the MVP suprised me twice in a matter of a few minutes. Fired a 1.1 and a 9.9 without hesitation.

Going to have to re-eveluate using it alot more.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
A 9.9 represents an open circuit (e.g., no atomizer present, or a blown coil, etc.) ... the fact that your MVP would fire the device where the Vamo wouldn't indicates that the atomizer is not making contact at the 510 connection on the Vamo, whereas it is making connection on the MVP. It can't be a blown coil, since by definition there is no circuit (the coil wire is physically broken or burnt through, most likely, although a loose connection where the coil is fastened to the positive and negative posts is also possible), and nothing can fire an open circuit. I suspect that you need to pull the pin on your atomizer so that it makes contact with the Vamo's positive post ... it only needs to come out about a mm or less ...

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
I need help. I bought a MVP for my son for Christmas and it didn't work after a week. Shipped back to vendor and they sent a new one. The 2nd just quit again!! My son did have a Crystal on it that had funky threading and I warned him not to screw his devices on too tight. After reading through threads I have learned a few things. A cleaning cycle? Didn't know that. I tried to raise the batt. connection to no avail. I then read that it may have detected a short or no connection so it may have shut down. I just wrote to him to have him turn it off and back on and put 1 of the iclears that came with it and hope that is what is the fix. Does anyone have anything to add??? Tia.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I need help. I bought a MVP for my son for Christmas and it didn't work after a week. Shipped back to vendor and they sent a new one. The 2nd just quit again!! My son did have a Crystal on it that had funky threading and I warned him not to screw his devices on too tight. After reading through threads I have learned a few things. A cleaning cycle? Didn't know that. I tried to raise the batt. connection to no avail. I then read that it may have detected a short or no connection so it may have shut down. I just wrote to him to have him turn it off and back on and put 1 of the iclears that came with it and hope that is what is the fix. Does anyone have anything to add??? Tia.

Ask him to check and see if the output switch,on the bottom of the device,is set to OFF,while it's in use.He only needs to set it to ON,if he is charging something.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
T8, thanks for the reply. It is set to off. We have tried everything, I think!! This is the second one to just quit!! He tried last night to turn the unit off and back on to reset but no good?? Anyone else have this problem?

There is only one other person here on this thread i remember having that problem.Can't remember who it was,but i do remember it being posted and i believe it had to do with where the usb plugs into the back,the pin has bent on it somehow.Someone else chime in if i am incorrect about that??

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
Camera(101).jpg

Just got mine in a few days ago, I did press the center pin down too far, must have over tightened something. Just pulled the center pin back up a bit and it's working great. I agree with the upping the voltage for better results too, I found that to be the case for me as well.

Running my Protanks around 4.5v

Trik_Ster

Aug 12, 2010
USA
Hi
I was an early adopter of the Innokin iTaste MVp
The only clearomizer I've been able to get to work with it are the ones that shipped with it.
I understand this problem was corrected with the Version 2 of the devices.

Is there some adapter that corrects this problem?

Or is there some kind of exchange program?

I like the device but really need to be able to use other clearos with it

TIA
Trik_Ster

Trik_Ster

Aug 12, 2010
USA
^This. Im having the same issue. VERY frustrating!! Cant get anything to work on it other than clone EVOD.

What is a clone EVOD?
Is it the clearo that ships with the MVP?

I emailed Innokin and got a reply stating that almost any clearo / atmo /carto will work with it, just don't use the beauty ring

Emailed back sayin almost anything will thread onto the device but only the clearos it ships with will produce vapor

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
What is a clone EVOD?
Is it the clearo that ships with the MVP?

I emailed Innokin and got a reply stating that almost any clearo / atmo /carto will work with it, just don't use the beauty ring

Emailed back sayin almost anything will thread onto the device but only the clearos it ships with will produce vapor

No...the Clearo that ships with the MVP is a legitimate Innokin product.

Here's an example of a EVOD clone:
$2.65 EVOD Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer (1.5mL) - orange / 2.4

BTW my Kanger ProTank II works like a charm on my 1st Gen MVP

Last edited:

Trik_Ster

Aug 12, 2010
USA

tstar

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Add the Mini Vivi Nova Tank Clearomizer to the list of clearos / tanks /cartos, etc that while they will thread on, will not produce vapor
That sucks! I'm with the poster above me. I have used all my kanger products on the MVP 2 with no issue. Sticking with the Protank II though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Trik_Ster

Aug 12, 2010
USA
That sucks! I'm with the poster above me. I have used all my kanger products on the MVP 2 with no issue. Sticking with the Protank II though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah there was a backlash when the MVP 1 came out and the MVP 2 was released very soon afterwards
doesn't do me or the other early adopters any good though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread