Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Ithaka is great Imeo, I suspected it would have integrated airflow control feature :)

I just didn't image how you can improve the Odysseus, but you did it !!! Congratulations my friend !!!

Wouldn't it be better if there would be a little nut to grab the positive wire also? and maybe a little inner slot on the bigger top cap to allow even easier filling / refilling (when it is done by only unscrewing the small top cap)?

If the gap in top between the mouthpiece and the Top cap is anything like on Ody it is very easy to fill from the top by just taking the securing nut off. I do it every time I fill Ody with an 18 gauge blunt tip needle and just fill it till I can see the juice coming up. Very easy and it adds about another half to full Milliliter of juice capacity doing it this way :D

A Very Ecstatic Vapor Here;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
lol, I am sleeping about 5 hours a day Darth. Its enough for me. But the most of the times I cant sleep because of my thoughts. Many times I wake up suddenly having an idea while sleeping and I run to my P/C to design it. I sound a little crazy but thats the truth
I totally agree with Keighles IMEO, I know that Genius never sleeps..... but Humans do and although you create superhuman feats of vaping engineering you are not Immortal my Friend. You must get some rest at some point.

Sincerely;
Nate aka Darth Vapor

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you very much Ariel my good friend:)

I didnt put a nut for positive pole because of 3 reasons. The first one is that I earned 2mm in length of Ithaka, the second is that there is no danger for the ceramic housing to stuck inside the base (like sometimes happen with Ody and Penelope) and the third one is that there was no need for nut. The wire is pushed against the center pin while we screw the ceramic housing against the base

As for the space between mouthpiece and cap, is 1mm. I think its ok for a needle. Am I right or wrong? I dont have a needle to check it
Ithaka is great Imeo, I suspected it would have integrated airflow control feature :)

I just didn't image how you can improve the Odysseus, but you did it !!! Congratulations my friend !!!

Wouldn't it be better if there would be a little nut to grab the positive wire also? and maybe a little inner slot on the bigger top cap to allow even easier filling / refilling (when it is done by only unscrewing the small top cap)?

Last edited:

tazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Western Massachusetts
WOW, I just got my first GG and V1 Oddy and I'm in heaven with it but now that I've seen the Ithaka, put me on the list too. Looks like all the features one would want. Great job Imeo. Now if I could just get my company to send me on a road trip to Greece...........Who's to say, they have sent me overseas on short notice before. Any Plans to make several of your own SS tips for the Ithaka? Would sure be nice. Will the Odysseus Expansion Set work with the Ithaka?

Last edited:

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
lol, I am sleeping about 5 hours a day Darth. Its enough for me. But the most of the times I cant sleep because of my thoughts. Many times I wake up suddenly having an idea while sleeping and I run to my P/C to design it. I sound a little crazy but thats the truth

Okay that is about how much sleep I get, I too am afflicted with overwhelming thoughts and ideas all the time and many of them for me are tattoo ideas and artwork and with that kind of stuff I have to get up and draw them out or I lose them. The only tattoos I have on me are small and they have all been designed by me as well. I do not put anything I do not create on me permanantly because that way I always know it is something I can be comfortable having forever.

Thank you very much Ariel my good friend:)

I didnt put a nut for positive pole because of 3 reasons ariel. The first one is that I earned 2mm in length of Ithaka, the second is that there is no danger for the ceramic housing to stuck inside the base (like sometimes happen with Ody and Penelope) and the third one is that there was no need for nut. The wire is pushed against the center pin while we screw the ceramic housing against the base

As for the space between mouthpiece and cap, is 1mm. I think its ok for a needle. Am I right or wrong? I dont have a needle to check it

1 mm should be more than enough space for a 20 or 18 gauge needle to fill with a syringe, much better if your juice is thicker than most, if it is thin juice you could probably just rest the spout of the bottle against the mouthpiece and it should just slide right down.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
thank you very much tazz:)
If you ever come to Greece I will be happy to meet you. As for my own drip tip, there are so many out there that would be a waste of time to make one more I think

I havent try the expansion kit because machine shop made a mistake and pieces are in 24mm external diameter. The real stuff will be at 23 and then I will be able to test the expansion kit
WOW, I just got my first GG and V1 Oddy and I'm in heaven with it but now that I've seen the Ithaka, put me on the list too. Looks like all the features one would want. Great job Imeo. Now if I could just get my company to send me on a road trip to Greece...........Who's to say, they have sent me overseas on short notice before. Any Plans to make several of your own SS tips for the Ithaka? Would sure be nice. Will the Odysseus Expansion Set work with the Ithaka?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I have a tatoo for about 25 years now on my shoulder Darth and I love it. And yes, I agree about small ones. I am very impressed that you make them by your own!
So if needle is ok then we will keep the dimensions as they are
Okay that is about how much sleep I get, I too am afflicted with overwhelming thoughts and ideas all the time and many of them for me are tattoo ideas and artwork and with that kind of stuff I have to get up and draw them out or I lose them. The only tattoos I have on me are small and they have all been designed by me as well. I do not put anything I do not create on me permanantly because that way I always know it is something I can be comfortable having forever.

1 mm should be more than enough space for a 20 or 18 gauge needle to fill with a syringe, much better if your juice is thicker than most, if it is thin juice you could probably just rest the spout of the bottle against the mouthpiece and it should just slide right down.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
1/2 hour ago I also removed the metal ring under the center pole and I left only the o-ring. This metal ring was moving up and down when I was trying to put NR wire around the center post. Now its much better with only the o-ring keeping the wire!

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I have a tatoo for about 25 years now on my shoulder Darth and I love it. And yes, I agree about small ones. I am very impressed that you make them by your own!
So if needle is ok then we will keep the dimensions as they are

Yes I have four myself and I designed them all with a lot of thought and detail. It took many tries to get them exactly how I wanted them but they are very abstract and their meaning is definitely deeply rooted.

Yes the best thing I would say is possibly 1.5 mm space to allow for an 18 gauge needle to fit comfortably and allow for air flow to come out the top so it does not surround the mouthpiece and make a bubble. I know for my thicker juice I have to use an 18 gauge needle because it is too hard to draw it up into the 20 gauge especially for the 50/50 PG/VG mixes anything more than 70/30 is too thick for a 20 gauge needle in my opinion.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

rocky111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Over The Rainbow
Another great GG atty!! I cant wait to get this one!! Imeo any chance you can restock the uk seller of ody&penelope ceramics? I broke my spares aswell i really dont know why, ive been using it for 5 months straight then i broke them in just 1 week,:( now they are both lying there waiting for their ceramics, i was hoping to get from the greek seller but they still dont have the CC payment option

joe2web

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2012
Europe
Hello Imeo,

Once again a great genius invention from the grand master of best steam machines ever!!

Once again I agreed Devonmoonshire to totally. Also the typical needle caps for bottles (like picture) need 1,5 mm place to put
them in the cap.

But I am sure, that you will check this before first production will start because of your intention for perfect fitting GG's pieces.

Thank you for your next perfect atomizer!

lg
Joe needle-cap.jpg

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hello Imeo,

Once again a great genius invention from the grand master of best steam machines ever!!

Once again I agreed Devonmoonshire to totally. Also the typical needle caps for bottles (like picture) need 1,5 mm place to put
them in the cap.

But I am sure, that you will check this before first production will start because of your intention for perfect fitting GG's pieces.

Thank you for your next perfect atomizer!

lg
Joe View attachment 137998

That is a very great Idea, I have a couple of those tops too, they are great!

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread