The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ithaka official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Sep 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ArXoS

ArXoS Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2012
    Athens
    great news Imeo, good luck on your new project
    I am not lookking forward for this "new" atty, as a matter o fact, a new GG atty was the last think i was expecting from you ..
    For gg owners, the "vaping" expectation is a VV device like Proteus/VIR. We are waiting such a device for more than 5 months. For Iatty/Ody/Penelope owners like me, the "atty" case is closed.
    Why don’t you finish first the project you've promised long time ago? I have no problem waiting for VIR/Proteus 1 or 2 months more, but since you started many more products since then (preorders, Ithaka ect) i can easily figure out that the devices i am waiting will never finish.
    Those news sounds to me like “go find another VV device” and I don’t want to ..

2. madgr

madgr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2012
    Athens, Greece
    From what i understand the VV thing is out of imeo's hands. It's up to technicians to find a way to make whatever requirements imeo has put up. So making other stuff is not interfering with the Proteus/VIR development.

At least that's what i've understood. If that's not the case then...hey imeo..the VV DEVICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

3. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA

No worries buddy, you will get one for sure, same from now on , pre-orders for everything gg. Imeo will take care of all

4. ArXoS

ArXoS Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2012
    Athens
    In the middle of EU crises, I can spend near 200 buck for a top VV device, but only once. If I spend those money for something else, I don’t think I’ll be able to afford more bucks for another GG product. I keep those money for long time and I feel that those will be my last offer for vaping.
    So .. do we have any plan? When will be able to vape with our favorite gg products on more than 3.7V? Is provape the only solution?

5. jailman

jailman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    Germany
    Great news, Imeo!

6. clavit

clavit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2008
    EU
    I can see your dilemma ArXos. I think theres a lot of us who were hoping/waiting for a 14500 VV device from GG for our Penelopes.
    I have two Penelopes which were bought solely to put on top of a VV GG 14500 device.
    Right now, one of them is lying unused, and the other is used on a Sturm mod. They might end up on the upcoming chinese 14500 VV, which is a bit sad!
    However, there is nothing that we or Imeo can do. If it's not possible to build a VV-module to fit in a 14500 device to Imeo's specifications, then it won't happen.
    I think Imeo always has about half a million ideas for new and/or improved devices and if one project slows down or stops i see no problem with Imeo working on other projects.

The nature of electronics is to become smaller/cheaper/better so sooner or later, it will be possible to build a VV-module to Imeos specifications. We can only hope that Imeo or the customers haven't lost interest once it does become possible.

That's my 2 cents anyway, they may not be worth much but they're mine! :)

7. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    exactly as you said Clavit, thanks buddy. As for the interest about a VV module, even if we lose it we will not lose the interest of VIR just because it doesnt exist yet and its so different from a VV module.

Electronics are out of my control for sure. I have the ideas but unfortunately someone else has to make them as madgr said. If I knew the way to make them be sure that we would had the VIR or a simple VV device 2 years before, when I started a project about a VV device but it stopped because the man that made it had no time to produce it. After this, I had too much things to make or improve so idea stuck.

Now that proteus will not be produced for now, (I didnt find a way to make it small and reliable), I will make VIR that is much more than a simple VV module.

8. Cloud Wizard

Cloud Wizard Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love the fact that if you can't do it the way you want it (and we all know the GG brand carries the quality to where others just can't) you don't rush into to people's hands to make a few extra bucks. That my friend demonstrates pride and integrity in one's product!

So, can we restart the list for Ithaka? :laugh:

9. Devonmoonshire

Devonmoonshire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I completely Concur with the above statements. There is One Thing that all of us who have been around a while KNOW about IMEO. If it isn't pretty much absolutely perfect, it will NOT be released. I for one appreciate that immensely because I have spent so much money on things that had great claims but did not deliver. With every single GG Product I have purchased they have been exactly as stated and operated perfectly every time. No Exceptions, they are always amazing quality, artwork and workmanship in every way.

I very much look forward to using Ithaka right along with my SS GGTS, Odysseus and Penelope as they are all perfect devices and have given me precisely what I always wanted out of vaping. Pure simplicity, ease of use and absolute consistent operation and performance every time.

Sincerely;
    Nate aka Darth Vapor

10. dspin

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    Imeo, Im like Clavit, I bought two Penelopes to go on 2 Proteus and a bunch of batteries. Since Proteus doesnt look like it will be produced in near future, perhaps you would consider making a GGTS specific base for Proteus for those that dont have a GGTB. I dislike adapters myself.

Far as Ithaca goes, I hope it has engraved WINGS on one side and GG on the other

Meant to say Penelope base not Proteus - sorry

11. Huffelpuff

Huffelpuff Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Philadelphia Burbs
    +1 on the TS Base for Penelope, if possible.

12. CaptSteve

CaptSteve Airborn ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2011
    41,000ft at M 0.85
    I have every faith in Imeo and his judgement. I just want to remind everyone that he has always given us the Best devises and if he says he can't produce right now Proteus as he conceived it then so be it. I know for a fact that he'll continue making the most cutting edge mods and atties out there.

13. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    base for Penelope is not difficult and I will make it for sure Dspin. After GGTS-UFS batch I will make many missing GG things. Then I will make Ithaka.

14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Captain, thanks for this statment. Be sure that the most easy thing is to ask China to make me an electronic part for Proteus. There is no easier thing than that. But its like stealing people. I dont want to make them buy something that they can buy fron China for some dollars either. GG is not like this.

15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Thanks Darth. Be sure that Ithaka will follow the GG path that is quality and performance

16. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I thank you too cloud. Money will come only if you are focused to your work. Love your work, not the money

17. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2012
    UK
    Imeo, do you think the GGTB could be adapted to accept the electronics that you have?

I think a VV GGTB with a Penelope specific adapter would be awesome.

18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    when VIR will be ready then we can adjust its width later to make it fit on GGTB too Paul

19. dspin

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    Wow, thats awesome - I do love my TB's too, Penelope does work great and looks good on a TB

[​IMG]

20. moepmoep

moepmoep Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Osnabrueck Germany
    In the meantime it still looks Awesome on the ProVari too :D

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.