The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ithaka official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Sep 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Clint

Clint Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2011
    Maggie Valley, NC
    Love the name, goes well with the current Lineup. Odysseus, Penelope, Ithaka

2. occultangle

occultangle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm a new fan of GG thanks to Penelope, and I will definitely have to get a Ithaka when it is released. I also hope there will be some engravings on Ithaka, maybe a new symbol just for Ithaka? I don't really want a GG mod with VV myself, so I am not too sad about no Proteus, but I read on another thread that you will be making more GGTB in the future, that would be perfect for me to use my Penelope (but if I understand correctly GGTB came stock with a 901 connector, if you make more please make it come with 510.) I look forward to it all of it.

3. rwechsler

rwechsler Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    What parts in particular do you have in mind my friend?
    The list that I can come up with so far is:
    Brass (+) post for collector tank
    Brass (+) post for stealth cap (I'm really desperate for this one, so I might just have to have it made for myself instead of waiting)
    Penelope GGTS native base
    Drip mode ody GGTS native base
    More brass buttons (hopefully with thicker heads, like those on the original GGT switch)
    GGTB collector tank/airflow assembly (plus native bases for Penelope and DM Ody)
    Longer top tubes to fit a Kick+18650 batt (so people wishing to use such a setup won't have to resort to third party manufacturers)
    New GGTB battery telescopes, which I realized Bruce took off of his site
    Brass fuse upgrades
    And maybe even some limited reruns of the old-school aluminum and nickel parts like you did with the 4-in-1 cap
    Brass airflow control rings (maybe without knurling to make polishing easier)

That's all I can come up with, but i'd be stoked if you could even make 1/4 of these a reality for us Imeo!

4. Natron

Natron Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Albuquerque,NM
    I second the thicker brass buttons on my wish list.

5. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    The last two new releases of SS GGTB came with 510 top cap so no worries Occult and since it is sold in parts make sure you buy the adjustable button instead of the TB button. I like that one much better.

6. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA

Sounds good RW but I would like to see also a brass + post for GGTB too

7. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    post of collector tank is brass on all new GGTS and all posts from now on will be brass on all GG devices
    penelope GGTS native base is on scedule
    drip mode GGTS native base is on scedule
    brass buttons are standard now but with SS head, so it will always stay shiny
    GGTB air flow is on scedule but it has to be as small as we can make it
    Longer tubes for GGTS to fit kick are not on scedule because you can use one more tube and kick fits fine on GGTS
    GGTB telescopic batteries are on scedule
    fuse is all brass standard
    aluminium and nickel parts will not be produced any more, they are collective items
    4 in 1 connector will not be produced any more, they are collective items
    shiny brass CR will not be produced because they are not comfortable on turning them

I am sure that you are satisfied with my answer buddy:)

8. Beco

Beco Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Istra
    I'm looking forward to Penelope GGTS base-great news Imeo

9. clavit

clavit Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2008
    EU
    I'm getting confused now, with all the different buttons out there ;)
    I have a button on preorder from goldengreek.co.uk.
    It was preordered as a steel button with brass head (and presumably with brass pin).
    Is that what i'm getting, or has it changed again?
    I also saw an all-brass button on the uk site, but it was sold out.

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    preorders are preorders clavit, they cant change. You will get what you ordered. But all the new GGTS that I am making will have brass case, brass pin, brass spring and SS rings and head

11. clavit

Jun 18, 2008
    EU
    OK, thanks Imeo.
    Why the brass case? Is it for looks, or for better conductivity, or maybe both?

12. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    case was always brass clavit for better contactivity. This time I will not plate it at all. You are not able to see it either when button is assembled and inside GG

13. clavit

Jun 18, 2008
    EU
    Well, i guess you learn something everyday.
    I've learnt something today, so now i can relax for the rest of the day :)
    Thanks Imeo.

14. Bishopheals

Bishopheals Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    WOOOT did I read right a new atty in production?
    SWEET CINNAMON VAPIN TITTIES!!!

OOOOOFA Cant wait to get my paws on that one!!!

As for the Proteus cut him some slack while the techs are designing it to his specs he has some down time. Imeo could be doing other things yet he chooses to use his free time on us developing yet another stellar device an epic atty for us to enjoy. I know first hand once i went highlander .7 ohm dual coil @ 4.2 volts 25 watts I can no longer go back. I don't even think there is a device out in market that can do what I have put Penelope and Odysseus through.

I even hate using my x wife provari shes VV but she will never give me my 25 watts I love so much.

The prophet Imeo is the man I'm sure once he releases his new GG product everyone will be in AWe and it will be sold out as always before it even hits the suppliers hands. Then it will be one massive treasure vaping hunt in trying to obtain the device.

15. Supacrazyguy

Supacrazyguy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    Swieqi , Malta
    Bring it on :) my oddy can use a friend

16. Devonmoonshire

Devonmoonshire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah I really am keeping an eye on this thread I would really really like to try the new Ithaka. I put my Name on the list here in the remote hopes that it will stick and I can commit to buying one that way LOL

Nate aka Darth Vapor

17. Supacrazyguy

Supacrazyguy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    Swieqi , Malta
    Don't think so bish , almost sure we get the opportunity to preorder . Everyone happy ;)

18. Devonmoonshire

Mar 22, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I just hope I do not have to wait as long to get an Ithaka as I did to get an Odysseus. I waited almost a year before I was able to get my Ody. I would really like to get an Ithaka before I retire from the Navy LOL

Nate aka Darth Vapor

19. harekira

harekira Full Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Germany
    I've bought 2 Penelope (Proteus) because I'd liked the idea of a smaller VV device WITH Airflow control and an Ody like atomizer. Now what do I have - 2 great Penelopes WITHOUT any option of Airflow Control and VV that match the Penelope.
    Imeo, you have disappointed not only me, but many people (customers) I know. I also now have 10 AW IMR 14500 batteries lying around (useless). Great job. Maybe next time, before you make such announcements ("VV with a 14500 is no problem at all") you should check the specifications first. What options do I have? Buy 2 GGTS so I can have an Airflow Option (after there is an adequate adapter)? Well, I think ... NOT

20. Devonmoonshire

Mar 22, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    LOL I know I should not be light hearted about this but I have got to say it LOL

Americans Might be the fattest nation in the world But at least we have patience!! :D

Nate aka Darth Vapor 2000 Percent Standing Behind IMEO on holding the Proteus Back until it is ready.

"All Good Things Come To Those Who Wait"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.