Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I know there is a preorder for ithaka and parts right now, was wondering Imeo if these will be fairly readily available.

Kind of want to hold off getting extra of parts until a later time, and set it aside for things like the adjustable mouthpiece, metal ithaka window, maybe achilles, and prolly proteus.

So much and so little time :vapor:

Also, wondered what others thought of using tobacco juices that have cherry or apple flavoring in them if it would be an issue with ithaka plastic window. Used my smoking cherries in it once without issue, kinda worried to again though in case it causes an issue.

It's not always easy to prioritize with GG. How many GG items have you seen that are "readily available"? My guess is you won't see another batch of Ithakas until next year.

I can't imagine that you'd have an issue with vaping apple but not sure about cherry.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Alan, Ithaca doesnt leak. I dont want to offend you of course by saying this but I am curious how you can make Ithaca leak. I tried it and I just cant do it.

Anyway, put a 2mm or 2,5mm wick side by side, put at least 4 rounds of coil around both of them and put them inside the ceramic. Every wick in every channel. Screw hard the ceramic housing as usual and keep BF in closed position. Put mouthpiece and close it. Put tank and fill it with liquid. Close the small top cap.

Your friend cant get his single coil hot enough either because his resistance is big or because he is used to dual coil setup on Ithaca

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
There's been so much talk about leaking, gurgling, and flooding that I want to clear something up. To me, leaking is when liquid escapes as a result of a compromised seal. Flooding is a result of too much liquid entering the wick channels whether through the mouthpiece or the basic feeding. I say this because we need to be clear what the issue is to resolve it. I think many people use "leaking" and "flooding" interchangeably but they are not the same.

When I first got my Ithaka's, one of them sweated (leaked) liquid because the o-rings weren't quite thick enough to make a seal but after some use I guess they swelled because it doesn't sweat anymore.
I have resolved my flooding issue after refilling simply by inverting Ithaka while screwing on the small top cap. I have not experienced the gurgling except for a short time when I've over saturated my wick.

dru21281

Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
New York
There's been so much talk about leaking, gurgling, and flooding that I want to clear something up. To me, leaking is when liquid escapes as a result of a compromised seal. Flooding is a result of too much liquid entering the wick channels whether through the mouthpiece or the basic feeding. I say this because we need to be clear what the issue is to resolve it. I think many people use "leaking" and "flooding" interchangeably but they are not the same.

When I first got my Ithaka's, one of them sweated (leaked) liquid because the o-rings weren't quite thick enough to make a seal but after some use I guess they swelled because it doesn't sweat anymore.
I have resolved my flooding issue after refilling simply by inverting Ithaka while screwing on the small top cap. I have not experienced the gurgling except for a short time when I've over saturated my wick.

Thanks for the tip. Even though I havent experienced bad flooding after refill, next time refilling I will screw on the small top cap with the device inverted and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I haven't done dual coils either since I use VV. I have tried several single wick configurations, but found what works best for me is removing 3 strands from 2, 3.5mm wicks (so they should be roughly 2mm). Then I wrap a coil fairly snug/tight around this, using 30 gauge kanthal coming out to around 1.5 ohms. I feel this is plenty warm for myself, about the same as ody.

That build has made me very happy with the ithaka. Initially i wans't very excited about it but now with a build I like I enjoy it just as much as my ody and peny.

EDIT: River beat me to it.

I seem to be doing something wrong, cuz only about 1 out of every 3 rebuilds leaves me w/no leaking/gurgling. This last one was simple, just a single 3.5" wick, juice control closed. As soon as I turn the mouthpiece to open, it starts flooding. If i hold the tank upside down, drop after drop of juice comes out. I thought that the reason I was getting some leaking before was because I didn't use pliers to tighten the center pin to the ceramic housing. But this time I did that, and still flooding.

The only other configuration I've tried is the X wick w/only one coil. This seems to be better for less flooding, but not always, and a friend just told me that using only one coil for this doesn't get hot enough. Is that true? What size wick am I supposed to be using for this configuration? I haven't gone dual wick dual coil yet cuz I pretty much stick to my ProVari.

Help is much appreciated.. :)

Last edited:

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Good point, just ordered the spare plastic parts in trips. Money was there, just thought of holding off but your right best to have stuff there if needed.

It's not always easy to prioritize with GG. How many GG items have you seen that are "readily available"? My guess is you won't see another batch of Ithakas until next year.

I can't imagine that you'd have an issue with vaping apple but not sure about cherry.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
And to be even more clear River, overflooding happens when for example we leave BF full open and use thin liquids, something that not only is not a problem but a feature on Ithaca. What I mean is that we can adjust Ithaca to our needs and thats why its made like that.
Gurgling happens when wicks are oversaturated as you said, so we just close the liquid control.
I think that it will take sometime until we understand that Ithaca gives us the abilities and the only we have to do is to discover them

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Hello Imeo and all.
I would like to order some items for my oddy V1 and Ithaka and there are few in stock. Do you know when they will be back for the oddy? And, will there be a time when we can order atomiser parts for all of your attys when we need them? Instead of having to stock up and hope we don't need more or different parts? Thank you.
Imeo, again, thank you for your great service.
Chris
Sorry wrong thread .

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
And to be even more clear River, overflooding happens when for example we leave BF full open and use thin liquids, something that not only is not a problem but a feature on Ithaca. What I mean is that we can adjust Ithaca to our needs and thats why its made like that.
Gurgling happens when wicks are oversaturated as you said, so we just close the liquid control.
I think that it will take sometime until we understand that Ithaca gives us the abilities and the only we have to do is to discover them
Exactly Imeo. With the many variables involved in vaping and the many options Ithaka gives us, we have to discover what works best given our individual variables.
I would tell you again how awesome this atomizer is, but you have one too lol. Cheers my friend :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I will have parts for almost all my constructions but only for people that have a problem Idaho. These parts will be ready in about 1 month:)
Hello Imeo and all.
I would like to order some items for my oddy V1 and Ithaka and there are few in stock. Do you know when they will be back for the oddy? And, will there be a time when we can order atomiser parts for all of your attys when we need them? Instead of having to stock up and hope we don't need more or different parts? Thank you.
Imeo, again, thank you for your great service.
Chris
Sorry wrong thread .

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thanks a lot River. I only want everyone finds what he likes most. On the other hand, I will support everyone with a problem small or big
Exactly Imeo. With the many variables involved in vaping and the many options Ithaka gives us, we have to discover what works best given our individual variables.
I would tell you again how awesome this atomizer is, but you have one too lol. Cheers my friend :)

Rajuisha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
London
Thanks a lot River. I only want everyone finds what he likes most. On the other hand, I will support everyone with a problem small or big

I'm going to hold you to what you have just said Imeo lol ;)

Now to my BIG problem :), I need VIR NOW as I want more power given From my GG's to my precious GG attys and definitely need Proteus ASAP.

Alireza355

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I have a little question here, and would appreciate if answered. I think I'm getting a better vape with 36 AWG wire, compared to 32 AWG wire. I am begining to think that the thickness of wire has an effect on the overall vape experience. I know lower ohm readings gives you a warmer vape, but I'm not talking about the warmth, but taste. This might be liquid-dependant of corse.?.... I think a red hot 32 wire gives more heat than a red hot 36 wire, and that may have a role to play. Please corect me if I'm wrong...

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I have a little question here, and would appreciIte if answered. I think I'm getting a better vape with 36 AWG wire, compared to 32 AWG wire. I am begining to think that the thickness of wire has an effect on the overall vape experience. I know lower ohm readings gives you a warmer vape, but I'm not talking about the warmth, but taste. This might be liquid-dependant of corse.?.... I think a red hot 32 wire gives more heat than a red hot 36 wire, and that may have a role to play. Please corect me if I'm wrong...

For same resistance higher gauge gives faster hotness and less flavor. So i think another variable is in your observation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread