Ithaka official

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Old Phil

Verified Member
Aug 29, 2012
France
villarino, have you swapped out the center post top nut to the new (shorter) one? The updated Ithaka works great but so does the non updated version. If you tell more about your leaking/gurgling issues I bet the people on here can get you sorted out.

Do you mean the "Center Post Pin (Brass) for Ithaka update" ? That would work on the non-updated ithaka? I am also experiencing leaks, particularly when refilling and despite closing the mouthpiece completely and being careful not to over-fill.

If this piece would solve the problem, as it is currently out of stock, would the Odysseus/PenelopeV1/Ithaka Center Post Top Nut also do the trick?

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Do you mean the "Center Post Pin (Brass) for Ithaka update" ? That would work on the non-updated ithaka? I am also experiencing leaks, particularly when refilling and despite closing the mouthpiece completely and being careful not to over-fill.

If this piece would solve the problem, as it is currently out of stock, would the Odysseus/PenelopeV1/Ithaka Center Post Top Nut also do the trick?
The first one is wrong. You need the second one.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México

The new nut was made to prevent gurgling (the older nut is taller, so it is closer to the coil / wick, then some tiny drops of liquid could enter into the air intake, producing gurgling)

If there is flooding while refilling, try this:

Ensure that the center post top nut is in closed potition (covering the slots at the bottom of the ceramic cup).

Close the basic liquid feeding.

When there is not much wick at the ceramic channels, it could happen that the liquid could flow up through the basic feeding slots, flooding the ceramic cup, even when the mouthpiece is closed. It could happen also, that the flooding starts just after screwing the tank small cap, due the pressure that is formed inside the tank.

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
So now tht i have my "Ithaka v1" setup and running great , i wanted to take a poll of sorts.

How many of you prefer original "v1ceramic style" ithakas to the "v2 updated" style?

Also, what differences do you notce betwen them? Now that i hve both ithaka ceramic and tilemahos, i see no advantage to updating to the new rebuildable part.

Thsnks!

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Which coil works for you the best in the Ithaka using ready wires (Which wire, ohms etc.) I actually using dual microcoil with 1.2 ohm flatwires and silica cord.Of course i would prefer the update-version but didnt got the chance to get it until now.hope i get one with the next batch :)

My current setup is a single flat wire 0.4 mm 1.3 ohms coil with 2 mm silica wick (with an extra piece of silica at center).

Sometimes I use 1 mm hollow Ekowool instead "regular" silica:

The trick with Ekowool is to wrap the coil very tight around it (before, as the Ekowool is hollow, I used to use two extended paper clips inside the Ekowool to wrap the coil, but that doesn't work, it doesn't wick properly and it gives a bad burnt flavor after a couple of puffs).

And other times I use a spaced 28AWG coil:

I make it as a regular micro coil (wire around a small screwdriver), then I weld the NR wire and place it in the ceramic and pull a little the ends, so there is a small space between each turn.

BTW, I have two Ithakas, one has the "Upgrade" installed, but I use the "Original" Ithaka most of the time, I don't know why, maybe because I come from the old school :)

Last edited:

Laniere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Prato - Italy
Which coil works for you the best in the Ithaka using ready wires (Which wire, ohms etc.) I actually using dual microcoil with 1.2 ohm flatwires and silica cord.Of course i would prefer the update-version but didnt got the chance to get it until now.hope i get one with the next batch :)

tricoil 0.45 ohm with premade 1.2-3 ohms with 2 mm silica wick with 2 "flavour wick" in the middle.
it's a little bit intense but works wonderfully.

single 0.80 ohm 0.32 mm kanthal microcoil for the upgrade ithaka :)
(same as tilemahos)

for me and my taste it is the best setup for the king

Chilla09

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Baesweiler
tricoil 0.45 ohm with premade 1.2-3 ohms with 2 mm silica wick with 2 "flavour wick" in the middle.
it's a little bit intense but works wonderfully.

single 0.80 ohm 0.32 mm kanthal microcoil for the upgrade ithaka :)
(same as tilemahos)

for me and my taste it is the best setup for the king
Tricoil? Never tried that.Do you got a picture of how you build that?

Laniere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Prato - Italy
Tricoil? Never tried that.Do you got a picture of how you build that?

i'll do when i'll finish the tank :D

anyway it's like a dual, but with 2 flavour wick.

first wick- flavourwick- second wick-flavour wick- third wick

with this setup i use 2 mm silica or better 1,5 silica wick, with mouthpice 1 turn open. You can use the cotton too but it's a little tricky. With the 3 mm it's a little dry, you have to have a almost fully open mouthpiece

nothing fancy but you have to put a little bit more work and effort to do the build and it's more expensive cause you use more premade and more silica but considering the costs you can give it a shot ;)

the flavour is a wick between the two coils, the only ggatomizer that doesn't not require it (at least in my experience) is the penny v1 and v2 not only because they work better with single coil (imho) but they seems to wick pretty well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread