Ithaka official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilla09

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Baesweiler
i'll do when i'll finish the tank :D

anyway it's like a dual, but with 2 flavour wick.

first wick- flavourwick- second wick-flavour wick- third wick

with this setup i use 2 mm silica or better 1,5 silica wick, with mouthpice 1 turn open. You can use the cotton too but it's a little tricky. With the 3 mm it's a little dry, you have to have a almost fully open mouthpiece

nothing fancy but you have to put a little bit more work and effort to do the build and it's more expensive cause you use more premade and more silica but considering the costs you can give it a shot ;)

the flavour is a wick between the two coils, the only ggatomizer that doesn't not require it (at least in my experience) is the penny v1 and v2 not only because they work better with single coil (imho) but they seems to wick pretty well :)
Ok i think i got it so far.when you use three coils do make the cross with all wicks or do you put the first two coils parallel?

CraftyZA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
South Africa
www.fdev.co.za
Hey guys/gals
What should the length be for the nr-r-nr wire?
I used to buy from stormy, but now have the zapper. I've got about 2m nr wire and plenty 32g. I don't want to waste the nr wire, so would appreciate some guide lines.
My aim is 1.5 ohm per ready made. I use 4 of them in my builds.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Hey guys/gals
What should the length be for the nr-r-nr wire?
I used to buy from stormy, but now have the zapper. I've got about 2m nr wire and plenty 32g. I don't want to waste the nr wire, so would appreciate some guide lines.
My aim is 1.5 ohm per ready made. I use 4 of them in my builds.

For NR wire: I leave them around 40mm (positive) and 30mm (negative) in length.

But there is no rule, it depends on each one, after some setups you will know what is the appropriate length to work comfortably.

Sometimes I tend to use less wire (to save some), but it can complicate a little the setup.

For R wire (Kanthal A1, 32 AWG): I think that around 25 mm or 26 mm will give you 1.5 ohms (taking in cosideration that the NR adds a little resistance), for a single 1.5 ohms coil.

For a quad coil configuration with a total resistance of 1.5 ohms, each coil must be of 6 ohms (around 13 cm of Kanthal A1, 32 AWG for each coil).

The lengths of resistive wire (Kanthal A1, 32 AWG) I'm providing were taken by me, but this calculator will help you a lot: Steam Engine

Last edited:

CraftyZA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
South Africa
www.fdev.co.za
For NR wire: I leave them around 40mm (positive) and 30mm (negative) in length.

But there is no rule, it depends on each one, after some setups you will know what is the appropriate length to work comfortably.

Sometimes I tend to use less wire (to save some), but it can complicate a little the setup.

For R wire (Kanthal A1, 32 AWG): I think that around 25 mm or 26 mm will give you 1.5 ohms (taking in cosideration that the NR adds a little resistance), for a single 1.5 ohms coil.

For a quad coil configuration with a total resistance of 1.5 ohms, each coil must be of 6 ohms (around 13 cm of Kanthal A1, 32 AWG for each coil).

The lengths of resistive wire (Kanthal A1, 32 AWG) I'm providing were taken by me, but this calculator will help you a lot: Steam Engine

Awesome! Thanks for that epic resource. When Imsaid 1.5 i meant the ohms for each coil. For me the ithaka does not come to it's right above 0.5 ohms total. The ultimate setup is 2 x 2mm and 2 x 1mm each with 1.5 ohm. The 2mm wicks go on the side, and the 1mm does the x on the center.

Thanks again. Will use this info as a baseline to make some coils. I do not have a lot of nr wire left, but can sacrifice 1 or 2 pieces to perfect it.

labin

Mar 18, 2013
switzerland
40131c0bc15059d0867f94949e978843.jpg

Tricoil 1.8ohm readywires around 2mm silica, each with a piece of 2mm silica as buffer.
more mellow vape than quad.
works a treat!

breminator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Duisburg, Germany

Frillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Roma

Sorry, but I don't think so ...
I've bought the same for ceramic with my first normal Ithaka and i couldn't unscrew the mouthpiece more then a little, because the base of the long piece touch the cap (the same as the normal mouthpiece) :( ...

And don't forget that this moutpiece is for dripping, if you use with a 510 drip tip on, inside of the Ithaka, it could be very difficult to regulate the liquid because the oring of the drip tip is more slippery than the mouthpiece ...

With the ceramic Ithaka I've used the Odysseus mouthpiece until I've bought the telescopic ;)

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Imeo, did you will make a shorth or telescopic Ithaka update mouthpiece?
... I've tried the Tilemahos mouthpiece ... it fit, but it didn't close the housing :(

I have to make my Ithaka with update shorter as my other one :hubba:

OT: and a short kit for Penelope v3 please :pop:

telescopic mouthpiece is in stock Frillo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread