The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ithaka official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Sep 22, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    I think sales are not allowed in this subforum, anyway Fluidvapor has it in stock.

2. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
  3. Boracay

Boracay Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Garden State, USA
    Sorry 'bout that.. Thanks Ariel & Imeo. :blush:

4. GillyThaKid

GillyThaKid Full Member Verified Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Philadelphia
    So I was wondering? It seems to me that the more I browse around forums reading, that a large issue with part availability, is do to people owning non-authentic clones, buying parts to fix their knock-offs. I have seen it time and again, people talking about buying the Ithaka windows for their Magoo, or the new rebuildable part; and just all different parts in general. This seems like a really screwed up problem. It's probably smaller of a problem than I'm thinking it is; but I found a thread a few days ago (can't find it again) in another forum where people were talking about the last time you released a bunch of bits and ends, and were listing the things they were buying for their clones. I wish there was a way for us to be able to sell only to authentic owners, maybe by registered list by serial numbers. I guess that would be far to difficult to do. Don't really know what I'm getting at, besides that I despise clones, just bothers me. Wanted to know if anyone else may have noticed this and if it really is a significant problem or just select few? I guess what really sucks is how difficult it would be to counteract this.

5. Frillo

Frillo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2013
    Roma
    Look at my signature ;)

6. utal

utal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Will it be available the Ithaka Update soon?

7. bluegenzel

bluegenzel Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Germany
    Not a bad idea, to sell spares only to registered owners. In Germany has Steampipes, which sells spares for the Congestus, solved the problem, that Ebers buyer has to authenticate and register his Congestus by Dirk (Velvet Cloud). I think, that's the right way..no spares for clones

8. ManniGfaltig

ManniGfaltig Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Germany
    On the one side its a good idea but as was already pointed out its not manageable and of course registration is not mandatory. There are a lots of devices which are not registered and one cannot deny support for them. Also imagine your favorite seller - he gets an order and has to cancel parts of it because the buyer isn't registered at this shop (remember that most users use a forum nick to register) - that's not manageable!
    And last but not least our shops want to sell things. So at least some money comes back to the sellers and Imeo!

9. bluegenzel

bluegenzel Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Germany
    The problem is, that many GG stuff has no serial, other as the Congestus for example. You have to send your bill and pictures to Dirk and he makes the verification and you are registered by Steampipes. That's the only way to get spares. Consequent, but I see, that that by GG is impossible, as not everything is serialized and there is a lot more stuff as by the Congestus,

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    if vasilis-rob-gino are out of stock then we will make them again but later Utal:)

11. taxnail

taxnail Senior Member ECF Veteran

OK then please make two of them. I need one too for my ithaka ... asap

12. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I am trying to run this "parts preorder" for 2 months now but I cant find the time Tax. I hope that after this small Tilemahos V2 batch I will be ready to do it!

13. taxnail

thanks. I clearly understand that you are occupied with the new stuff. I can wait ... tomorrow then?

... just joking

14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    why not tax. I have to do it soon otherwise I will never manage to do it!

15. taxnail

this would be just ... wonderful
    but I will never get the update. esmokeguru will stay offline forever. it will be stuck in greek bureaucracy! What a terrible thought.
    anyway. One has to think positive: It will happen ... imeo will do it ... esmokeguru will reopen ... ... and my dog will learn to fly
    ... I would prefer it with the normal mouthpiece :)

thank you imeo

16. taxnail

another question
    Is there a chance that there will be a telescopic mouthpeace for the ithaka update ... sometime?

17. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Dont worry about esmokeguru, he will open today or Monday. He is waiting for internet connection right now tax.

I was planning to make it with normal mouthpiece, exactly as you said buddy :)

18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I dont think so tax, sorry buddy

19. taxnail

thank you again imeo.
    then i will try to get a drip tip mouthpeace along with my next order ( the update ... you remember) and do some experiments with long drip tips.

everything's fine ... and my dog will learn to fly

20. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    forget the dog, we have work to do now tax :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.