Ithaka official

Status
Not open for further replies.

GillyThaKid

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2014
Philadelphia
So just received my very own Ithaka!!! I am very excited. As far as I can tell from surfing around, this Ithaka was purchased with the new update already installed, rather than buying separately and adding later. From the video I watched of Imeo of Odysseus and Ithaka compatability, I was under the impression that the Odysseus rebuildable part would screw into the Ithaka base. I have an Odysseus v2 rebuildable part, but I can just drop it into the Ithaka base, the threads don't even touch. As you can see in the picture, the Ithaka rebuildable part is about 2mm+ larger in diameter than the Odysseus v2? Also the thread type is completely different. The Ithaka new rebuildable part has much larger threads, while the Ody v2 has much smaller, finer threads. Is there some way I can make the Ody v2 rebuildable part work in my Ithaka? Thanks.

ody and ithy.jpg

Here I have the tops of both rebuildable parts pressed together. They are not perfectly aligned, but it is easy to see the Ody v2 rebuildable on the left is much smaller in diameter than the Ithaka rebuildable on the right. Also as I said about the thread shape is noticeable. So what's the problem? I would think the problem is the new rebuildable part is not compatible, but isn't the new rebuildable the same diameter as the old one? I am so confused!!

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
So just received my very own Ithaka!!! I am very excited. As far as I can tell from surfing around, this Ithaka was purchased with the new update already installed, rather than buying separately and adding later. From the video I watched of Imeo of Odysseus and Ithaka compatability, I was under the impression that the Odysseus rebuildable part would screw into the Ithaka base. I have an Odysseus v2 rebuildable part, but I can just drop it into the Ithaka base, the threads don't even touch. As you can see in the picture, the Ithaka rebuildable part is about 2mm+ larger in diameter than the Odysseus v2? Also the thread type is completely different. The Ithaka new rebuildable part has much larger threads, while the Ody v2 has much smaller, finer threads. Is there some way I can make the Ody v2 rebuildable part work in my Ithaka? Thanks.

View attachment 395412

Here I have the tops of both rebuildable parts pressed together. They are not perfectly aligned, but it is easy to see the Ody v2 rebuildable on the left is much smaller in diameter than the Ithaka rebuildable on the right. Also as I said about the thread shape is noticeable. So what's the problem? I would think the problem is the new rebuildable part is not compatible, but isn't the new rebuildable the same diameter as the old one? I am so confused!!

You need the Ithaka's "Basic feeding" from Ithaka v1 (Ithaka with the upgrade included or Ithaka v2 does not come with that part):

THE GOLDEN GREEK MODS :: Ithaka Parts :: Ithaka Basic feeding - Esmokeguru

Around minute 1:40

Maybe you have to use it without the Ithaka's airflow control base: native base or GG connector for the GGTS and Just GG, as the Odysseus center pin is not long enough to stick out the 510 connector, integrated in the Ithaka's airflow control base.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas

View attachment 395412

why would you want to put ody in Ithaka? You prefer the ceramic? I have a spare Ithaka v1 rebuildable part, pm me if you're interested.

Frillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Roma

View attachment 395412

In any case, for compatibility and "GG Lego", you can read this intresting thread :) :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/532817-gg-compatibility-tips-tricks.html

GillyThaKid

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2014
Philadelphia
You need the Ithaka's "Basic feeding" from Ithaka v1 (Ithaka with the upgrade included or Ithaka v2 does not come with that part):

THE GOLDEN GREEK MODS :: Ithaka Parts :: Ithaka Basic feeding - Esmokeguru

Around minute 1:40

Maybe you have to use it without the Ithaka's airflow control base: native base or GG connector for the GGTS and Just GG, as the Odysseus center pin is not long enough to stick out the 510 connector, integrated in the Ithaka's airflow control base.

Ahh, I knew it was something simple. Don't know how I missed that, I've watched countless videos and have gone through the GG Wiki staring at the rebuilding pictures for hours before I even purchased this. I will be using the native connection, hopefully very soon!! Waiting on a very special package - Thanks again Imeo!!! It's a shame FluidVaper isn't carrying that part, will have to wait quite awhile to receive it now. Might try a post on the GG Facebook group. Thanks for the help Ariel!

why would you want to put ody in Ithaka? You prefer the ceramic? I have a spare Ithaka v1 rebuildable part, pm me if you're interested.

I received the Ody v2 rebuildable part with some other bits and pieces I purchased. I really would just like to have the option to use it and play around with something different. Not that I prefer one or the other, I'm sure I will love both. I've heard the ceramic gives off flavor differently according to some people too. I need to buy some Ody v2 ceramics though still. And the NR-R-NR isn't a problem for me since I started with and am currently vaping a Sophia. Also, you have been PM'ed!

In any case, for compatibility and "GG Lego", you can read this intresting thread :) :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/532817-gg-compatibility-tips-tricks.html

Funny thing is I already have that thread bookmarked and been all through it. Don't know how I missed that obvious part. One of the reasons I wanted to join the GG family is the ability to mix and match - second to the fact that I find everything Imeo makes down right gorgeous. Already saving up for an Odysseus. And a Stealth cap. And tank extensions for the Ithaka. And hopefully an Iatty one day. And a Penelope. And a Proteus (which reminds me I need to take my name off the serial # list as I will not be able to afford it at the moment :/ and I am more than happy with my soon to be arriving JustGG!!). Wish I had it all now, but as a college kid it's gonna take a bit of saving haha. Some of your collections on here are down right sexy :pervy: .. one day... :) :p

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
IIRC - It was used for 510 atties and ce4s. At that time cartos were just starting to be used beyond the cigalike stage. Premade 510 atties were very popular and cutting open a ce4 for use in a MAP tank was all the rage.

also - @frillo - that photo is unfair - it looks like you have included a kir fanis clear replacement tank, 2x 510 atty bases and the original rebuildable part - ROFL ROFL
:D :toast:

Last edited:

Frillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Roma
IIRC - It was used for 510 atties and ce4s. At that time cartos were just starting to be used beyond the cigalike stage. Premade 510 atties were very popular and cutting open a ce4 for use in a MAP tank was all the rage.

also - @frillo - that photo is unfair - it looks like you have included a kir fanis clear replacement tank, 2x 510 atty bases and the original rebuildable part - ROFL ROFL
:D :toast:
The tank is the only intruder, but was a nice "toy" ... since I've turned my mind in "nano" religion ;) ... I've bought 2x 510 basis because are used in both sides (so you don't have to screw or unscrew the pin) ... I've used that rebuildable only inside the dripping kit (obviously for don't take it out from my Odysseus)... so this was a really complete upgrade kit :D

:toast:
Ps the center post of the Odysseus rebuildable is now on a cutted Ithaka ceramic housing ;)

Last edited:

Frillo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Roma
A quick question with regards to the ithaka update

Does the wick run down in the channels like on the original ceramics

Or

Does it get cut flush with the threads like the tilemahos????

I cut mine flush like Tilemahos.

In the Ithaka update and in Tilemahos, I cut mine in transverse, so a little piece of cotton goes in the channels ...

BTHUNDER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Scheiblingkirchen, AUSTRIA
yes Brem. We can do that when preorders for missing GG items start buddy:)

OH MY GOD ... I NEED a MATT KING too (otherwise Mr. BREM is posting beautiful pictures of GG matt beauties and I will sit in front of my PC Screen with eyes wide open & mouth dripping) ... :p ... guys just please remind me WHEN - HOW - WHO - WHERE ... because whatever happens on this planet ... I NEED A MATT KING ... period !!!! :) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread