Status
Not open for further replies.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
But it was delivered on the 26th, the office was closed which was the delivery address. Not sure how postal service works over there but we get a card posted and have to go collect the package from out local post office.
It cannot be helped if there's nobody to collect the package.

I sent that email before you contacted me. Its all good now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La

I emailed Manolis and he was very prompt in returning my email. The only problem is that the tsaf costs $101! I'm going to do business with Mev and juice Kitchen on the Zapper. I can't afford the tsaf. It seems like a month ago it was $60 or am I wrong about that? Is there a difference in the two that should make the price that different?

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
I emailed Manolis and he was very prompt in returning my email. The only problem is that the tsaf costs $101! I'm going to do business with Mev and juice Kitchen on the Zapper. I can't afford the tsaf. It seems like a month ago it was $60 or am I wrong about that? Is there a difference in the two that should make the price that different?

I can't justify spending that kind of money on something that performs a task that I could easily do with my bare hands or needle nose pliers in about the same amount of time. On the other hand, I know people who can't justify spending $180+ on a rba so I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion...or laziness...or arthritis...or lack of money....

dmall

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
The zapper cost me 80 bucks somehow as well.... may I ask you why your questioning paying 100 for the tsaf when you pay 200 for each gg item lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Good question, I don't know, it just seems like an awful lot for the item. LOL

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I emailed Manolis and he was very prompt in returning my email. The only problem is that the tsaf costs $101! I'm going to do business with Mev and Juice Kitchen on the Zapper. I can't afford the tsaf. It seems like a month ago it was $60 or am I wrong about that? Is there a difference in the two that should make the price that different?

You're probably thinking of it being 60 Euro.. so 60 + 10 (shipping) Euro is about $91 - the Tsaf+ is $101 (has a USB charging port which isn't super necessary if you're trying to save money I suppose)

Darkreign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Texas and sometimes Afghanistan
I just received my Royal Mail package from GG UK (even though they are no longer a GG dealer) and did a quick comparison of the original Ithaka window and the new Odysseus Upgrade window. See photos below.

Here is the original window I am trying to replace. not sure what liquid was used by previous owner(s), but the tank did not hold up so well...

Damaged Ithaka Window.jpg

Here is a direct side-by-side of the two windows

Ithaka compared to Odysseus Upgrade window.jpg

Here is the new window on the SN ring

Odysseus upgrade window on Ithaka SN ring.jpg

After installation, the new window will add approximately 2mm to the length and the threads are substantially longer. Due to the longer threads, the SN ring does not seal to the base's o-ring. I estimate I will need to remove roughly 1.5 - 2 mm from the threads for this to seal properly.

Odysseus upgrade window on Ithaka SN ring installed on base.jpg

I will post when I have completed this task and how well it worked.

Darkreign

Lentulusbatiatus

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Wakefield
Got email this morning that my Ithaka and extras were dispatched from e-smoke... Postie stalking commences...

Thanks Imeo..

Just in reply to above posts... the Zapper is £34.99 which isn't a bad price i think myself, postage is £3.70 in UK, £8.80 Europe, £9.80 ROW.

it's not fair to be filling this thread with wire welder convos though, sorry about that.

Last edited:

jkim5708

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
So Cali
I can't justify spending that kind of money on something that performs a task that I could easily do with my bare hands or needle nose pliers in about the same amount of time. On the other hand, I know people who can't justify spending $180+ on a RBA so I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion...or laziness...or arthritis...or lack of money....

I find it difficult twisting nr to flat ribbon kanthal or nr to twisted kanthal.., wire welder makes it a snap...plus my fingers get all cramped.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I ordered the TSAF and it was ready in one week, I'm waiting for it now as it is in transit.
I am proficient at twisting my own, but with 2 Odys & 3 Ithakas, & 1 iAtty, twisting is to time consuming. The TSAF should make making a lot of coils a lot quicker & easier, especially when doing double coils.
Ordering it was an easy decision.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
I ordered the TSAF and it was ready in one week, I'm waiting for it now as it is in transit.
I am proficient at twisting my own, but with 2 Odys & 3 Ithakas, & 1 iAtty, twisting is to time consuming. The TSAF should make making a lot of coils a lot quicker & easier, especially when doing double coils.
Ordering it was an easy decision.

Let me know how you like it Poppa.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I just received my Royal Mail package from GG UK (even though they are no longer a GG dealer) and did a quick comparison of the original Ithaka window and the new Odysseus Upgrade window. See photos below.

Here is the original window I am trying to replace. not sure what liquid was used by previous owner(s), but the tank did not hold up so well...

View attachment 226441

Here is a direct side-by-side of the two windows

View attachment 226439

Here is the new window on the SN ring

View attachment 226440

After installation, the new window will add approximately 2mm to the length and the threads are substantially longer. Due to the longer threads, the SN ring does not seal to the base's o-ring. I estimate I will need to remove roughly 1.5 - 2 mm from the threads for this to seal properly.

View attachment 226460

I will post when I have completed this task and how well it worked.

Darkreign

Is that the Ody extension clear window? Hmm, I have 2 of those. I will see about being able to use them with the Ithaka parts I have coming.

Darkreign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Texas and sometimes Afghanistan
Is that the Ody extension clear window? Hmm, I have 2 of those. I will see about being able to use them with the Ithaka parts I have coming.

Yes, I was unable to find an Ithaka window so I was forced to find "alternative methods" :)

I used my homemade lathe to turn down one end of the Ody window by 2mm (I think the other end will have enough clearance.) I am almost done with my current tank of e-liquid and I will be testing this out on the next refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread