Its HERE Folks! GotVapes Premieres The NEW Aurora BFT- Bottom Fed Tank Top Atomizer Kit - All Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting into the bottom feeder world since I have such extreme trouble with my bottom/top-coil devices wicking so horribly (I always get an immediate burnt taste and either it's the improper wicking or some weird major defect is going on with my battery, I simply can't think of anything else it might be.) and this device really has me interested because it'll already fit my eGo stye VV's.

A few questions though - I'm a big fan of chocolate vapes and I've always wanted to try NET's. I'm not much into anything else in the juice world. I've had extraordinarily bad luck with these juice tasting immediately burnt on normal devices - I've tried 1.8-3.0 coils, and I always keep my voltage at 3.3 and only go higher after the initial test isn't good. Would a bottom-feeder really be my best choice for these darker, thicker juices, and is a 1.8 coil too hot for these juices to get a great result?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting into the bottom feeder world since I have such extreme trouble with my bottom/top-coil devices wicking so horribly (I always get an immediate burnt taste and either it's the improper wicking or some weird major defect is going on with my battery, I simply can't think of anything else it might be.)

I'm going to approach this differently... I'm not going to talk about the BFT but vaporizers in general...

Typically, a well built coil being vaped at 6w ( ie 3.3v @ 1.8Ω ) isn't enough to usually cause an e-liquid to taste as burnt...

This means it's either the vaporizer you are using or the method you are vaping... it can't be anything else. The battery is just that... a battery and if it's set to put out 3.3v... it won't cause a juice to taste burnt... period.

There are a ton of clones and fake vaporizer's out there... these are often unreliable and will typically operate inconsistently or unreliably. For the moment... stay with known good brands and only source them from reliable seller's such as GotVapes so you can limit your chances that the problem is from poor quality. Once you've learned where and what products you can trust... then venture out.

In case it's your method... Top coil clearo's have often been vaped incorrectly by new users... they need to be tilted so the wicks stay wet. Also, don't inhale hard and fast or quickly... take longer slower draws. Also after you've first filled one... let it set for a few moments so the wicks do have a chance to do their thing. Bottom coils don't require the tilting... the rest still applies to them though.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Biggest flag to me in your post is "thicker juices".....sounds like a wicking issue all around. I have a problem with anything but dripping with thick juice. You can remedy that with adding distilled water (a few drops at a time and shake) to get a thinner consistency that easily wicks. Doesn't have to be real thin, but especially with NETS where there are heavier particles intermingled in with the carrier it can be an issue.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'll expand on the NET and/or thick e-juice a bit now that Keela caught it and brought it up...

With any e-juice that is prone to gunking a coil.. and NET's and high VG juices are... they can also cause the wick to get choked and not feed the coils like it should. Clean the vaporizer often.... older style NET's will often gunk one in a tankful or less... the newer NET's are cleaner and may allow up to several tankfuls before the vaporizer needs cleaned and dry burned.

Another way to think about it... the coils must remain wet or the juice will taste burnt even at low power levels.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Well, just to add, I've been vaping (trying to vape) various things for about 4 years now, I do already know all the tilting, time, suction, and draw stuff. My techniques are more perfectionist than most - most people's jaws drop when I explain exactly just what sort of caressing and perfectionist care I put into my vaping technique in attempt to make sure no rule goes unturned.

I haven't tried NET's yet, and with the chocolates and coffees, the juice burns up instantly (even after the wick soaking in the juice tank all night before the first vape), not once giving me a good puff. It's not a dirty coil or anything, the coils should be relatively clean out of the box unless the factory had to test them, accidentely dry burned them, and sent them to me anyway. I just think the dark juices don't wick well at all even if they were to pre-soak about a week - I even drip on the wick when the particular device allows me to.

I've reviewed so many things now that a bottom-feeder seems just about the only way to allow for wicking with darker juices. I get lighter juices to work from "iffy/pretty bad" (but never burnt, like the darker juices) to "sometimes pretty good with a few iffy metallic or dry tastes that prevent me from vaping it". But not the darker juices, they are a complete curse. So I really need something to vape those juices out of and I have no clue what it might be. My darker juices even burn up in dripping atty's.

I just believe I need something that's going to slap juice right onto the center of the wick, no little holes, polyfills, or metal that stops the juice from getting there first; I believe that's what's been my problem even with dripping atty's - even the debridged version has some stupid metal thing in the middle, above the wick, that serves no purpose and a juice collector around the bottom inside, much like a Protank design - I want to drip juice directly on the wick and try to vape it! I don't care if it only gives me one single puff, I wanna soak that wick and make sure the darn thing is wicking right.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Your experiences are not the norm... we've covered several things that may possibly be the cause and now it is in your hands to do with the info as you see fit.

If you are using quality hardware... then changing hardware will not fix your issue. Although a lot of folks do like/love the BFT because of the convenience of having a dripping like experience with the capacity of a bottle to keep the vape going.

I vape dark/light juices with little difference and none taste burnt. I don't have to pay attention to how I vape, although I do vape in the manner I described...

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
It's the strangest thing - other day, bought a chocolate juice I loved on the vendors sample, got home, put it in an Aro tank, put it in a CE5, and put it in the Aspire. All three of them (following all the tips and tricks) tasted like burnt chocolate on the very first hit, and it didn't improve. The CE5 was the least worst at it, surprisingly. But it still tasted as though it the juice was scraped from the burnt residue of a fondue pot. The Aspire had dual 1.8's, I don't even know what the CE5 had in it, it didn't say, and the Aro had a 2.8 coil.

Sorry to be off topic, I guess the big question just really is if bottom feeders are really the best at getting the wicks well and saturated, and if they perform well for everyone with chocolates and coffees. I've had other experienced users, even a vendor, tell me that with coffee's and chocolates, they only got good results out of various carto-tanks and only the ones with cartos that have at least two large holes and making sure the carto is just soaking wet before they put it in the tank. I figure bottom-feeding may be a way to cut out those time-consuming steps, but again, I really just haven't tried one before and am wondering what they're really like.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I wish very badly I had heard about the Vision Aurora before the Aspire - I spent more on the Aspire than I would have on this. Back when I first joined, I actually did a lot of looking into bottom feeders, I just had a feeling they would work for me. I didn't have that instinct when I bought the Aspire, it was more that I trusted Pusardo and his excellent review. But I just got the funkiest tastes I've ever experienced in the world of vaping out of the Aspire, and I didn't feel like I had a lot of control over the wicking and tricks that one would normally have in a tank device (I wish the rubber 'suction ring' at the top of the heads were actually a removable 'cap' where I could take it off and inspect everything.)

But I feel like a bottom feeder would give me the best control over wicking, and so far, there's only one report of the taste being very funky with the Aurora (it still worries me though, because my motto is "if even one user reports a problem, it'll happen to me.") Happened with the Aspire. I even predicted what the problem would be before it arrived lol - I read one single report of a horrible taste before I bought it and I said "I bet that'll happen to me." And it sure did. It was absolutely one of the most bizarre devices I have ever tried.

But the main component of a bottom feeder is the atomizer, and that's a journey in itself. I feel like it'll give me a lot more ohm options though, as drippers are often made at every specification under the rainbow, where heads are not. I like that too. I just have tons of luck with extraordinarily high ohm coils (they don't produce as much vapor, but I don't care, as long as it tastes great) and I want to experiment around and see exactly which ohm level truly helps those chocolates taste smooth and milky, very high, medium, or low.

Last edited:

Neezy206

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Seattle, Wa
I wish very badly I had heard about the Vision Aurora before the Aspire - I spent more on the Aspire than I would have on this. Back when I first joined, I actually did a lot of looking into bottom feeders, I just had a feeling they would work for me. I didn't have that instinct when I bought the Aspire, it was more that I trusted Pusardo and his excellent review. But I just got the funkiest tastes I've ever experienced in the world of vaping out of the Aspire, and I didn't feel like I had a lot of control over the wicking and tricks that one would normally have in a tank device (I wish the rubber 'suction ring' at the top of the heads were actually a removable 'cap' where I could take it off and inspect everything.)

But I feel like a bottom feeder would give me the best control over wicking, and so far, there's only one report of the taste being very funky with the Aurora (it still worries me though, because my motto is "if even one user reports a problem, it'll happen to me.") Happened with the Aspire. I even predicted what the problem would be before it arrived lol - I read one single report of a horrible taste before I bought it and I said "I bet that'll happen to me." And it sure did. It was absolutely one of the most bizarre devices I have ever tried.

But the main component of a bottom feeder is the atomizer, and that's a journey in itself. I feel like it'll give me a lot more ohm options though, as drippers are often made at every specification under the rainbow, where heads are not. I like that too. I just have tons of luck with extraordinarily high ohm coils (they don't produce as much vapor, but I don't care, as long as it tastes great) and I want to experiment around and see exactly which ohm level truly helps those chocolates taste smooth and milky, very high, medium, or low.

They just became available to the public at the end of October'ish. The stingray is lovely. I use a 1.5ohm and I love love love it! Pbusardo did a review on them and loved it, and so did Todd. I have the same luck with new things as you! If its gonna happen...its gonna happen to me. lol You are only going to find what works for you by trial and error. I say give it a shot.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
GV - thanks for the lightning fast shipping. I have a black and gray along with extra tanks and a 5 pack of your Atomizers. I gave you some love in the Ahlusion Cult thread. I hope you sell a boatload!

It will take me some time to get used to this delivery device. I'm no stranger to vaping lol but have always used "tanks" and I'm still learning about when to "turn and squeeze"

Question: which I respectfully hope is appropriate for this forum but you can always PM me. Since I'm obviously a dripper newbie LOL I see talk about a "Stingray" atomizer and also looked on the GV site. Where can I purchase these (URL) and exactly what is the advantage over the Atomizers which GV sells? Please remember I'm a dripper newbie which is kinda weird to go backwards but this device appears to be quite a pleasant departure from the "me to' same old same old hardware.

Thanks in advance for your help

:)

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX

From reading what you posted, it sounds like youre best bet is going to be a dripping/BF attomizer. As a further evolution Id recommend looking at some rebuildable bottom fed attomizers where you can control the resistance, the wick, the location of the coil in relation to the feed and air holes etc. BF is as close as you can get to dripping without dripping, but there is a learning curve, specifically how often to "feed" the atty.

Even after 2 years of using a BF device, wont name cause its from a different vendor, i still sometimes take my drip tip off to look at my atty to make sure it has liquid on the wick.

If you do decide to go this route, and Id recommend it, and if you get a rebuildable, look up the nano dragon coil on this forum, that almost makes the whole thing, especially with a device where you flip it upside down to feed, too easy. Again there is a learning curve with building the dragon coil, but its worth it.

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
GV - thanks for the lightning fast shipping. (snip) I hope you sell a boatload!

It will take me some time to get used to this delivery device. I'm no stranger to vaping lol but have always used "tanks" and I'm still learning about when to "turn and squeeze"

Question: which I respectfully hope is appropriate for this forum but you can always PM me. Since I'm obviously a dripper newbie LOL I see talk about a "Stingray" atomizer and also looked on the GV site. Where can I purchase these (URL) and exactly what is the advantage over the Atomizers which GV sells? Please remember I'm a dripper newbie which is kinda weird to go backwards but this device appears to be quite a pleasant departure from the "me to' same old same old hardware.

Thanks in advance for your help

:)

I'd like to ditto what SeniorBoy has said... :)

We're in the same boat, as to being new to dripping, coming from tanks and learning when to squeeze. I have flooded my Stingray a couple of times, it looks like the light touch is needed on the upside-down squeeze. Though it may be a function of the Stingray itself (ie possibly being more easily flooded).

I have flooded my closed bottom Stingray's also. Newbie dripper errors are my best guess, so the jury is still out (at least for me) on both the Aurora BFT and the Stingrays (I hope you don't mind me mentioning them here, I know they're not a GV item). Looking forward to what you get in at GV as an alternative to the Stingray/other atomizers. :)

Haven't had the chance to try out either the atomizer or the replaceable-head atomizer that come included with the Aurora itself. Still in the process of testing/working out the kinks. So I'll have to update later, when i can give the Aurora a fair shake. Though obviously my technique needs honing. :oops:
Cheers!

Update: Switched out my Stingray for the included atomizer (packaged with the Aurora). I'm getting much better flavor/vapor production.. and flooding is greatly reduced... to near zero.
Hmmm... again, I'm sure it is probably just me, but at this point I'd have to say the Stingray on the Aurora is more trouble than it's worth. Though I have read others with just the opposite opinion.

Last edited:

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
That video of Todd's is what got me interested in the Aurora in the first place. :) Great Stuff... and worth another view. Not sure what it is about his videos that I like so well, maybe just his relaxed, amused manner.. but they're some of my faves.

Enjoying a squonkingly delicious Aurora vape as I type this... :vapor:

Have to say my silver Aurora looks very nice atop my silver MVP 2.
Both, might I add... delivered speedily into my presence, courtesy of GV.
Many Thanks for the great service and great products. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread