Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Tap happy, sounds almost like dry hits to me. Squank it more and if on variable voltage turn down the volts.

Just got the stingray, only puffed a few times but you are right scope666

Its way richer in flavor, and not spattery at all. Clean nice hits

+1 for house of vapor open bottom long barrel atomizer on the aurora bft

Only complaint, low ohm warm vape. Im not a super big fan of warm/ hot vape, so i've been using 2.2-2.4ohm heads in my mini protank. But im enjoying this so far!

Warm/hot vape is my mission so I'm super anxious to get the open bottom stingray. Should be arriving tomorrow. I tried the Aurora again w/the included hardware and I'm not getting this squank thing down at all. Either I don't get enough juice in or flood it. May have to watch the vids again on it to get it down.

Pstarsr

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Santa Barbara, California
Give the stingray a few extra squanks too prime it, you can look into it and see the juice at the coil. Then hit it.

After that its been a small squeeze every 5 puffs

If you over do it, hold it upright and squeeze. It sucks extra juice back down.

For me the sweet spot isnt gurgly, but a slight flutter sound at first. Then smooth drag sound from then on

Last edited:

CanOfBeans

Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Pacifica
To those of you using the Stingray...

I have two Auroras, two Stingrays. The stock attys work well, the Stingrays do not. What the hell am I doing wrong? They don't juice up properly, like they're jammed (they're not, I think, I can blow through them), and liquid pools in the well. There's little flavor or vapor when they're working (visibly wet, or even nearly flooded), which is hit and miss. Mostly miss. The Stingrays work fine straight up, on a direct connection, the Auroras work fine with the stock. Only when I combine the two does the system fall to pieces.

Does the Stingray require different treatment? I'm guessing it's my own idiocy, but thought I'd ask.

Pstarsr

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Santa Barbara, California
I noticed if the cup is full the performance is weak, dont put that much juice in them. Primer puff without firing before hitting it to pull juice up to the cup thats already in the base. Try that.

The stock heads work pretty well. I like the stingray, but i still not sure if i like the warmness of the 1.5 ohm stingray

bbywho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Arlington, VA, USA
I so wanted this to be my vaping bliss device. Maybe I need more practice which I will do. But, I taste plastic and over all odd/off taste with my Aurora BFT :(. I've tried various diff volt settings, drip tips to no avail. I'm so sad because I was super excited to try this.

I'd try the Surge Tank but for that price, I'd just get a reg bottom feeder! That price is insane!!!!

AngiBe--Nice to know that I'm not imagining the plastic taste. I was looking forward to a drip on the go device--you shouldn't drip and drive! I like the ease use with the Aurora but really don't like the slightly off taste it gives, esp. with more subtle juices like my fave Ahlusion Boba Tea.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I hear ya. I gave it up for now and going to try it again maybe this weekend. Going to completely clean it out and see if I can get rid of the plastic taste. I know it's the Aurora itself since I did use the Stingray on it and was getting the same odd flavor. I'm thinking its the small plastic bottle that's in it. Not sure.

bbywho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Arlington, VA, USA
I hear ya. I gave it up for now and going to try it again maybe this weekend. Going to completely clean it out and see if I can get rid of the plastic taste. I know it's the Aurora itself since I did use the Stingray on it and was getting the same odd flavor. I'm thinking its the small plastic bottle that's in it. Not sure.
I'm still using mine--got it full of Boba Tea right now. I really want this tank to work. I do think it's the plastic bottle. I don't get a burning plastic taste but more of a slight undertone of what a mild plastic smells like (if this makes sense). Not a chemical or heavy rubber smell, maybe a latex glove??? I primarily vape Ahlusion juices and don't want anything to mar their inherent greatness! I think if I was vaping some in your face juice, I wouldn't notice it as much. In addition to the Aurora, I've vaped Boba Tea in a Kanger Mini Protank, my dripping atty, a clearo and a cartomizer. I've tried all of these on my eGo VV and my MVP 2.0 and don't get the off taste except with the Aurora...

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Same here I hate to say-I've used several diff tanks, carto tank, dripping atty..all taste normal except for the Aurora. And the taste u describe is exactly the same for me. It's not unvapeable plastic taste, but just ruins the juice a little when I taste it.

Maybe after I clean it and try again, I will really pay attention to the volts I use. I wonder if higher volts heats the plastic too much? I don't know

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I have four Auroras and vaped the two I gave to my sister and daughter to make sure they were working OK. I didn't detect any plastic taste with any of them and neither do my sister nor daughter. I wonder if one of the Aurora's silicone seals got burnt?

HHMMM...very good point. I will know more this weekend when I give it another shot. I bet that could be it, but hoping not.

bustamelon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
CT, USA
Hi gang. Just finished catching up on this thread. Don't have an Aurora yet but I'm considering it. Want the true flavor of dripping on the go. AngiBe -- what's the latest? Have you guys solved the plastic taste issue? I think if I have to get replacement atties from a separate vendor, it's YARH (yet another rabbit hole) I don't want to travel down! :)

If I get lucky like peraspera, I'll be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread