Vision Aurora BFT - bottom feeder kit for tube mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipster

ECF Veteran
Ugh now course I can't find the purple in stock...maybe it's a sign.. :)
I wanted the purple too but it was out of stock so I ended up getting the blue which is sooo pretty..it's a metallic bright turquoise/greenish blue. I got it today but haven't tried it yet. Too tired after work to clean it, read the manual and put it together! Maybe later. Big vapemail day. Trying a few juices I got today. Highbrow chessecake torte, HB blueberry, HB Limoncello, HB Peach Thymbra, HB Orange de Sangri. Also got 4 from Southern Steam. So far i've tried the cheesecake and blueberry. YUM. I think the cheesecake could use a steep, but it's good. The Blueberry is fab FOOB! I can't wait to try the others, especially in the Aurora. I hear it gives great flavor on the Youtube videos i've watched.

pipster

ECF Veteran
I so wanted this to be my vaping bliss device. Maybe I need more practice which I will do. But, I taste plastic and over all odd/off taste with my Aurora BFT :(. I've tried various diff volt settings, drip tips to no avail. I'm so sad because I was super excited to try this.

I'd try the Surge Tank but for that price, I'd just get a reg bottom feeder! That price is insane!!!!
Same here. Bad plastic taste/smell.

pipster

ECF Veteran
I took apart the Aurora and saw that there is a white plastic ring around the coil in the atty which was melting. No wonder I was tasting plastic. Ick. I removed what was left of it and it was actually melted onto the wick, so the wick came out with it. I plan to clean it all and rewick it and see if it works without that plastic ring. I have a feeling it will cause leaking without it. The ring looks like it acted as a well around the coil which the squeezed liquid would fill into. Will have to see. Bad product design for sure.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I took apart the Aurora and saw that there is a white plastic ring around the coil in the atty which was melting. No wonder I was tasting plastic....

The ring in the top of the atty that comes with the Aurora doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to prevent leaking if you grossly overfill the atty. I keep the ring about halfway between the coil and the top of the atty. I've had four Auroras for months and one I've purchased recently. None of my rings have melted nor produced any nasty plastic odor or taste.

I've also tried using atties without using the ring at all without any issues. However, if you squeeze the bottle and leave it upside down without righting it fairly soon the Aurora will leak without the ring.

I use HH.357 atties with my Auroras. They hold a bit more juice than cheaper atties and don't need filling quite so often. Also, a rebuilt micro coil with cotton wick will hold a bit more juice.

My AMP Tanks auto-feed with 70PG/30VG juice although they do require two or three manual pulls once the tank is nearly empty. They require more manual pulls per tank with higher VG juice. AMP Tanks are considerably more expensive than the Aurora.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
My decision ended up being to skip right over it. I waited for a Vmod XL to go on half price sale. At that point for not even double the price of an Aurora you get a hella lot more functionality. The Vmod led me right into buying Reos. If I had set my expectations of bottom feeding based on an Aurora experience I probably would have thought the whole concept of a liquid feed setup was just a bad idea.
:2c:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
My decision ended up being to skip right over it. I waited for a Vmod XL to go on half price sale. At that point for not even double the price of an Aurora you get a hella lot more functionality. The Vmod led me right into buying Reos. If I had set my expectations of bottom feeding based on an Aurora experience I probably would have thought the whole concept of a liquid feed setup was just a bad idea.
:2c:

My VMOD XL is stingy and inconsistent in feeding juice while my Auroras that I use for my secondary rotation juices feed my HH.357s reliably. I've got my Auroras paired with iTaste VV 3.0s and VTRs which gives me pushbutton VW with bottom feeder convenience. The VMOD did, however, teach me that I'm not that crazy about kicked mechanicals and hate the inconsistency in the taste of my juice with an unregulated battery. I use AMP Tanks with VW devices for juices in my primary rotation and have no desire for a Reo.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I know old thread but....
I've only used it in the dripping mode and think it's time to replace the coil...how do I do that? Or what else can I use on it?
Btw lol it does make a fairly good cartomizer refill tool...quick easy no fuss no mess...squeeze and blow out atty and carts are fairly full :lol:

Sent Via Tapatalk
The Forgotten One
Tiarna of TECs, Lady of the Light

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I know old thread but....
I've only used it in the dripping mode and think it's time to replace the coil...how do I do that? Or what else can I use on it?
Btw lol it does make a fairly good cartomizer refill tool...quick easy no fuss no mess...squeeze and blow out atty and carts are fairly full :lol:

I only use my Auroras with HH.357 atties so I've never fooled with replacing the coils but I think they are just some sort of standard Vision coils. You can also rebuild them if you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread