The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

It's here!

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by RebelGolfer72, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RebelGolfer72

RebelGolfer72 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    [​IMG]

Even nicer than I expected. Hits like a mech mod. Feels great in the hand. I did get the extension cap for 18650 batteries (charging), but hoping the 18490 can give me a full day.

After having an eVic, I can honestly say the power seems more consistent. Would I sound greedy if I said I see myself picking up a mini in the future for days I need something a bit more compact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FigNewton

FigNewton Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Garner, NC, USA
    Congrats! ...And I think a mini sounds like a great idea!

3. Txaggiesaunt

Txaggiesaunt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2013
    Texas
    Awesome. Glad you love it. I own two. I don't think there is much size different between the regular & mini. Enjoy & VAPE ON:vapor:

4. cbrite

cbrite Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I am excited for you!! Just wait until you get those batteries in and push the button!! :toast:

5. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Enjoy. Happy day! I just have one...I'm not special like most of you, haha. But, I love the standard. If I EVER get a chance to get another one, I really really want a mini too. Because all my jeans have really shallow pockets and I don't want to be considered a she-male. So, I'd love a mini. One day :(

6. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    That's not greedy. That's typical. LOL
    I got a mini first. Got my full size less than a month later.
    :)

7. Johnny101

Johnny101 Moved On ECF Veteran

Tina you need to get another and catch up

8. p.opus

p.opus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    Pictures don't do it justice, you have to hold it in your hand. Kudos to all who took the leap of faith and bought one off the website.

I had to wait and hold one at a vape convention before I parted with my cash and brought one home....

9. JavaDan

JavaDan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2014
    Chesapeake Bay
    You will love it. I have a mini on the way to provide a little brother for my standard 2.5.

I've been getting 13-14 hours on an 18490. YMMV.

I haven't even used the 650 extension yet.

What tank is that?

10. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    I'll pass this message along to my bank account. ;). Trust me, I'd love another one.

Tina in FL

11. VapinBill

VapinBill Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Congrats !!! Vape it healthy

"When the music hits you, you feel no pain." Bob Marley

12. RebelGolfer72

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you. I had the foresight to have a pair of batteries here and charged before it got here.

13. RebelGolfer72

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Is that a ProVari in your pocket, are you just happy to see me?

Seriously, though, a ProVari shaped bulge may be the newest way to ward off unwanted advances :)

14. RebelGolfer72

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you for the info on the 18490

The tank is a real Steamboy StormRider 2.1, 8-10 wrap 30awg microcoil (about 2.5-2.6 ohms), organic cotton u-wick. Bought the clone of it, a clone of a Kraken and a Steam Turbine clone to compare. The Steamboy won in terms of wicking, no leaks, flavor and vapor production. and I ordered a real one soon after. As good as the clone was, the real deal is that much better. Think same level of machining quality as the ProVari

15. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Well now there's an idea.

Tina in FL

16. wagon52

wagon52 Senior Member Verified Member

Awesome! Congrats on the new delivery. Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow.....I can't wait!!

17. RebelGolfer72

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thank you. You will not be disappointed.

After using almost nonstop (on the same 18490) for a few hours, I have made a few observations. I'll get the bad out of the way first to show I'm not too biased

CONS:
    1. Although it's intuitive, I don't like the 2 clicks between menu options.
    2. I would like the standby option as the first menu choice

PROS
    1. Comfortable to hold/use
    2. Works flawlessly
    3. Very consistent/smooth vape- the PCM waveform is filtered well
    4. I notice the output feels even more consistent than from mech mod. 3.5 volts hits like 4.0 on a battery- makes me believe that batteries by nature do not provide linear power. The power may not ramp up, or get "wavy" with a mech mod compared to some VV/VW devices, but the power fades as the battery dies. Regulated mods (even "passive" regulation like the eGO) keep output the same as battery dies, but there is a point where it is noticable.

Not to start a Mac/PC or iPhone/Android debate, but this really is like the "Apple" of vaping devices. May not have all of the features or configuration available, but they do what they do well, and are as simple as you can get.

18. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Your point 4 is really interesting...
    I've kinda wondered if I were missing something not using any mechs.
    So - with a good coil, you're saying a ProVari's power delivery seems AS FAST and AS SMOOTH as a mech, as well as staying that way longer?

I'm one of those who picked ProVari for a few other reasons, still skeptical that there'd really be a difference in the vape - but became pleasantly and completely convinced upon using it.

19. RebelGolfer72

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm saying, it is as fast and smooth as a mech (except it is like that for full life of the battery

But I'm also saying it seems equally as fast, and actually smoother, as an unregulated battery can "sag" as the temperature fluctuates, coil resistance changes etc. I really need to get. Volt meter/scope on them both to see what is happening. But from what I know about power supplies, it makes sense :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. SamNapolitanke

SamNapolitanke Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    congrats!!!!!! I dig the color...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.