Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
arata2u5.jpg

Even nicer than I expected. Hits like a mech mod. Feels great in the hand. I did get the extension cap for 18650 batteries (charging), but hoping the 18490 can give me a full day.

After having an eVic, I can honestly say the power seems more consistent. Would I sound greedy if I said I see myself picking up a mini in the future for days I need something a bit more compact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Enjoy. Happy day! I just have one...I'm not special like most of you, haha. But, I love the standard. If I EVER get a chance to get another one, I really really want a mini too. Because all my jeans have really shallow pockets and I don't want to be considered a she-male. So, I'd love a mini. One day :(

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That's not greedy. That's typical. LOL
I got a mini first. Got my full size less than a month later.
:)

arata2u5.jpg

Even nicer than I expected. Hits like a mech mod. Feels great in the hand. I did get the extension cap for 18650 batteries (charging), but hoping the 18490 can give me a full day.

After having an eVic, I can honestly say the power seems more consistent. Would I sound greedy if I said I see myself picking up a mini in the future for days I need something a bit more compact?

Johnny101

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
Enjoy. Happy day! I just have one...I'm not special like most of you, haha. But, I love the standard. If I EVER get a chance to get another one, I really really want a mini too. Because all my jeans have really shallow pockets and I don't want to be considered a she-male. So, I'd love a mini. One day :(
Tina you need to get another and catch up

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Is that a ProVari in your pocket, are you just happy to see me?

Seriously, though, a ProVari shaped bulge may be the newest way to ward off unwanted advances :)

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
You will love it. I have a mini on the way to provide a little brother for my standard 2.5.

I've been getting 13-14 hours on an 18490. YMMV.

I haven't even used the 650 extension yet.

What tank is that?

Thank you for the info on the 18490

The tank is a real Steamboy StormRider 2.1, 8-10 wrap 30awg microcoil (about 2.5-2.6 ohms), organic cotton u-wick. Bought the clone of it, a clone of a Kraken and a Steam Turbine clone to compare. The Steamboy won in terms of wicking, no leaks, flavor and vapor production. and I ordered a real one soon after. As good as the clone was, the real deal is that much better. Think same level of machining quality as the ProVari

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Thank you. You will not be disappointed.

After using almost nonstop (on the same 18490) for a few hours, I have made a few observations. I'll get the bad out of the way first to show I'm not too biased

CONS:
1. Although it's intuitive, I don't like the 2 clicks between menu options.
2. I would like the standby option as the first menu choice

PROS
1. Comfortable to hold/use
2. Works flawlessly
3. Very consistent/smooth vape- the PCM waveform is filtered well
4. I notice the output feels even more consistent than from mech mod. 3.5 volts hits like 4.0 on a battery- makes me believe that batteries by nature do not provide linear power. The power may not ramp up, or get "wavy" with a mech mod compared to some VV/VW devices, but the power fades as the battery dies. Regulated mods (even "passive" regulation like the eGO) keep output the same as battery dies, but there is a point where it is noticable.

Not to start a Mac/PC or iPhone/Android debate, but this really is like the "Apple" of vaping devices. May not have all of the features or configuration available, but they do what they do well, and are as simple as you can get.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Your point 4 is really interesting...
I've kinda wondered if I were missing something not using any mechs.
So - with a good coil, you're saying a ProVari's power delivery seems AS FAST and AS SMOOTH as a mech, as well as staying that way longer?

I'm one of those who picked ProVari for a few other reasons, still skeptical that there'd really be a difference in the vape - but became pleasantly and completely convinced upon using it.

Thank you. You will not be disappointed.

After using almost nonstop (on the same 18490) for a few hours, I have made a few observations. I'll get the bad out of the way first to show I'm not too biased

CONS:
1. Although it's intuitive, I don't like the 2 clicks between menu options.
2. I would like the standby option as the first menu choice

PROS
1. Comfortable to hold/use
2. Works flawlessly
3. Very consistent/smooth vape- the PCM waveform is filtered well
4. I notice the output feels even more consistent than from mech mod. 3.5 volts hits like 4.0 on a battery- makes me believe that batteries by nature do not provide linear power. The power may not ramp up, or get "wavy" with a mech mod compared to some VV/VW devices, but the power fades as the battery dies. Regulated mods (even "passive" regulation like the eGO) keep output the same as battery dies, but there is a point where it is noticable.

Not to start a Mac/PC or iPhone/Android debate, but this really is like the "Apple" of vaping devices. May not have all of the features or configuration available, but they do what they do well, and are as simple as you can get.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm saying, it is as fast and smooth as a mech (except it is like that for full life of the battery

But I'm also saying it seems equally as fast, and actually smoother, as an unregulated battery can "sag" as the temperature fluctuates, coil resistance changes etc. I really need to get. Volt meter/scope on them both to see what is happening. But from what I know about power supplies, it makes sense :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread